Sponsored

Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The one for the Dodge Ram. I switched the blue/black wires to make it work for the JT.
Weird, that the same harness several of us (myself included) have used and not seen any issues. I guess other than double checking the pins to make sure they got snapped back in all the way I'd be stumped. I mean I guess it's possible something is bad with the controller, but that would be pretty unlikely.
Sponsored

Dmock33

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Scrambler 12 JK 21 JT
On mine I made a small notch at the top to allow the cover to snap in. It would be covered if I ever returned it to stock. Some have filed the notch off the cover as well, but I preferred to keep it to make sure for whatever reason it never rotated.
Where exactly did you mount the control box?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Remove the big panel under the steering wheel. There should be room there to mount it. Check the fit to make sure the panel will go back without issues. It may need mounted further back. I plan to install my Curt controller this weekend. I've seen several photos of it mounted there.

Dmock33

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Scrambler 12 JK 21 JT
Remove the big panel under the steering wheel. There should be room there to mount it. Check the fit to make sure the panel will go back without issues. It may need mounted further back. I plan to install my Curt controller this weekend. I've seen several photos of it mounted there.
thanks for the reply!

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I mounted mine under the steering wheel as well. I forgot to take any pictures, but it's nice and solid under there.

Reactions: KVJ

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Just bit the bullet and ordered my Redarc. Can't wait to get it in, been putting this off for way to long.

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Has anyone actually received and installed the Mopar trailer brake controller? Do the dealers have them? The online part stores don’t show whether it’s in stock or how long it takes to ship. Does anyone have the instructions?

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone actually received and installed the Mopar trailer brake controller? Do the dealers have them? The online part stores don’t show whether it’s in stock or how long it takes to ship. Does anyone have the instructions?
Nope. Still not available. Saying October now. I went with the Curt Echo Bluetooth wireless. Like it really well.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Nope, FCA can't even give an accurate time frame as to when it will become available. It was supposed to be fall 2019, then Q1 2020, then spring 2020 now they are saying october 2020. No reason to think it will actually come out.

Go with the Redarc you will not be dissapointed with the quality way better than the knee busters of the past.

Jeep Gladiator Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652 1591594520517

Jeep Gladiator Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652 1591594568122

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Is there someone that can change the title so folks dont think the new controller is out yet ?
I agree. Change it to "vaporware the mopar brake controller will probably never release"

cghansen

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I ordered one two weeks ago but have not heard a word about it. They accepted the order and said to contact the dealer “below” in the email about questions or order status, but there was no dealer listed. Other vendors contact you about back orders or shipping delays. So far nothing but crickets.

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I ordered one two weeks ago but have not heard a word about it. They accepted the order and said to contact the dealer “below” in the email about questions or order status, but there was no dealer listed. Other vendors contact you about back orders or shipping delays. So far nothing but crickets.
I bought a Curt Echo. Will try it on Wednesday when I pick up my trailer. Other solutions aren’t available or need wire swapping, diodes, drilling, etc. 7000+ lbs advertised towing capacity! Off the lot, perhaps a small utility trailer without its own brakes.
Sponsored