First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys - Red
Occupation
Security Alarms
Hey @ORACLElights - I'm not sure if anyone has asked this but it would be awesome if your design accommodates some kind of guard - there are lots of ways to do this but only you know how to build it in. I'm thinking of something that would prevent an errant branch from cracking the light. Not something that would protect from a bolder scrape...

This is an example of a corner light guard made for classic range rovers - the more modern versions for Landrover Discovery's came in plastic which was not as effective but didn't rust either which is important for us mall crawler types... I'm just saying that if you can design a solution with this kind of protection you could easily charge idiots like me $150 or so for something that will cost you $2 to make out of plastic, or $10 out of metal... and I suspect a lot of people would add this to their light order. Think of it as the upsell product where you make real cash on captured customers.
I like your idea, and I do think that there are many other people that would want this, however I think it would just bring the taillights' profile back to a non-flush look. I personally want it as streamlined/flush-mount as possible. So the good news is, to each their own.... Make your Jeep whatever YOU want it to be.

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I like your idea, and I do think that there are many other people that would want this, however I think it would just bring the taillights' profile back to a non-flush look. I personally want it as streamlined/flush-mount as possible. So the good news is, to each their own.... Make your Jeep whatever YOU want it to be.
I hear you - could I summarize the difference as "absolutely flush" vs "mostly flush"? I agree that "absolutely flush" solves the rock bash problem (see one of the pics at the beginning of this thread).

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
i'd buy these now and i don't even have my gladiator yet..

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I know everyone wants perfectly flush mount but, I personally think the fact it protrudes a little is consistent with the jeep's quirkiness. To me, perfectly flush would be too generic. The do look good.

Dont forget to release the 3d printer file for the "accessory" cover!

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer

HANNAMAN74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Gray JTRD
Yeah, I don't even have my Gladiator yet but would buy these. Ready for the group buy!