First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I have had my Gladiator for 20 months now. The most fuel I have been able to put in the tank is 16.5 gallons. I showed I had 50 miles to empty. Way more conservative than any vehicle I have ever owned.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its funny. I've owned Jap, Swedish and German cars for most of the last 20 years.

The Jap cars were conservative. The Swedish cars less so.

But the German cars ran out of gas PRECISELY at zero. So so German. Ha.

With the jap cars I stuck a 2 gal can of gas in the trunk.
When the range reached zero, I reset the trip odometer and drove it until it ran out of gas.

At that point I knew how much farther the car could go after it said 0 miles left.

I actually ran that experiment twice and averaged the number.

Running the tank dry a couple of times isn't going to kill a fuel pump.

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also have had my jt for over 18 months with 13k miles on it. I have never been able to put more that 17 gallons in it. That just goes to show me if the light comes on I still have 50-60 miles to fuel up with approximately 2 gallons left in the tank. I still always fill it when it gets to 3/8 to be safe.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
My truck rarely sees the tank go below half, most commonly not much more below a quarter tank. If Iā€™m around town. I donā€™t get why people commonly run their vehicles almost dry.

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My truck rarely sees the tank go below half, most commonly not much more below a quarter tank. If Iā€™m around town. I donā€™t get why people commonly run their vehicles almost dry.
Your right I donā€™t why either I like to keep it full or close to it. I want to be able at a emergency notice to leave town with out running around looking for fuel like some people I know

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have a F250, once several years ago I ran the truck to 0 miles to empty and 5 miles past to get to a station. It still had around 2 1/2 gallons left. That said in the day I had a 78 CJ7 that ran out between 1/4 and empty. Always kept a 5 gallon gas can in the CJ7.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Hey Andy, Are you running stock tires or something else? If something else did you calibrate for he new ones?

I'm like you in that I want to know the range.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
My fuel light came on one time and I immediately got off the interstate and filled up at the closest gas station. It took 17.5## gallons. So I had 4.5 gallons left when the light came on which for me was about 90 miles of range, 60 miles if Iā€™m playing safe lol.

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My fuel light came on one time and I immediately got off the interstate and filled up at the closest gas station. It took 17.5## gallons. So I had 4.5 gallons left when the light came on which for me was about 90 miles of range, 60 miles if Iā€™m playing safe lol.
I totally get it. i always keep my tank pretty full of fuel but if my light ever comes on again I am not going to panic getting to a station because like you say I have another 60 miles or so

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I totally get it. i always keep my tank pretty full of fuel but if my light ever comes on again I am not going to panic getting to a station because like you say I have another 60 miles or so
unless youā€™re 70 miles or so away from a stationā€¦ šŸ˜

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Remember kids, just because you might have 2 gallons left doesn't mean the fuel pump can access those 2 gallons entirely. Variances exist there too.....

I feel like this thread is becoming the epitome of "I want to pretend I'm spending less on gas by filling up less frequently".

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Remember kids, just because you might have 2 gallons left doesn't mean the fuel pump can access those 2 gallons entirely. Variances exist there too.....

I feel like this thread is becoming the epitome of "I want to pretend I'm spending less on gas by filling up less frequently".
I feel like the opposite is true because I fill up so often. Especially with the price of gas what it is compared to a year agoā€¦

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I have ran it down untill light is on and miles left read blank. I stopped before I was completely dry and emptied two Rotopax into the tank. I know it's not healthy but it happens. What's funny is the next day Mopar sent me a email saying that I'm below a 1/8 tank of fuel. Same has happened letting air out of the tires. Mother Mopar is watching over me evidently.
Sponsored