Sponsored

Gladiator package?

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
Hmmm....just when you thought you'd seen it all. Kind of misleading IMO. Some people might think its some "package" available on a wrangler.

IMG_20190515_154450.jpg
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
That's really dumb. Why would they do that?

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Hmmm....just when you thought you'd seen it all. Kind of misleading IMO. Some people might think its some "package" available on a wrangler.

IMG_20190515_154450.jpg
SCAM ALERT!

TIP: Walk in the door, tell salesman I am here to buy a __________________ I will pay Invoice minus any incentives that apply that I am eligible for on a clean sale, no lifetime window tint, chrome muffler bearings, wax jobs or %^&* jobs or other BS, the answer is either YES or NO!

OP
OP
biggdave92

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
yea, i wasn't there to buy. Just test drive. Salesman was really nice. I think he was just excited to ride in it as i was to drive it! didn't even take a copy of my license. I told him on the test drive what i was going to order and what i was going to pay. He said this one would sell for MSRP. I'm sure it will. I gave him a print out of what i want and told him to give me a call if he could do the deal.

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
yea, i wasn't there to buy. Just test drive. Salesman was really nice. I think he was just excited to ride in it as i was to drive it! didn't even take a copy of my license. I told him on the test drive what i was going to order and what i was going to pay. He said this one would sell for MSRP. I'm sure it will. I gave him a print out of what i want and told him to give me a call if he could do the deal.
I would have had some fun first. For instance I would have asked to quote on a custom order, Order any gladiator the way you want and then tell them to add the "Gladiator Package" on the order screen. See what they do.

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I would have had some fun first. For instance I would have asked to quote on a custom order, Order any gladiator the way you want and then tell them to add the "Gladiator Package" on the order screen. See what they do.
:CWL:

JeepGuyTexas

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Firecracker Red Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Recruiting Manager
OMG that's great :CWL:

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
Everyone here is okay with a dealer who excercises their right to establish the prices they sell vehicles for when they are at 5% under invoice. Then points the finger when they use the same right to do a market adjustment. It's called capitalism. Don't like the price.. find another dealer.

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Everyone here is okay with a dealer who excercises their right to establish the prices they sell vehicles for when they are at 5% under invoice. Then points the finger when they use the same right to do a market adjustment. It's called capitalism. Don't like the price.. find another dealer.
I don't think anyone here is new to the idea of capitalism. Most of us just feel like cheap scummy practices like this are what gives the market such a predictably bad wrap, and we express our distaste for it. No need to constantly remind us why it's "ok" for people do crappy stuff like purely to make a quick buck off of peoples ignorance. It's fun to poke at a ridiculous $2000 add on mysteriously titled gladiator. Additionally, most of us did find another dealership, I know I did.

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
We are just informing each other of good and bad deals. It's a community. We are looking out for each other. So no one has to waste their time walking into a dealership who has the JT above MSRP. That is the whole purpose of a forum. Have questions answered , be informed on everything that relates to the topic.

Sponsored

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
"Tire Nitro"? sounds fast.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Yes you are right.....

But lol, gladiator package......

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
Yes you are right.....

But lol, gladiator package......
Agreed the way they word the ADM is rather comical. I wasn't trying to come off as a condescending jerk.. I apologize to anyone who read it that way.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Here is another questionable addendum. At the stealership in Franklin, TN

FEBF92DD-6FF4-49BA-BFCA-CE4FD01F6C84.jpeg

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Here is another questionable addendum. At the stealership in Franklin, TN

FEBF92DD-6FF4-49BA-BFCA-CE4FD01F6C84.jpeg
Most of those second sticker options look like normal factory options.... Like the truck comes with mats, tool kit and front and rear grab handles.
Sponsored