Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I dont think you all understand how it works. It regulates useage and regeneration. We get about 28 mph full electric, bit if you turn it on hybrid it supplements power forthe whole time. And it will show the charge depleted, but it keeps enuff in reserve it can still suplement the two liter for a long time. On top of that the two liter is no slouch. It will pull the jeep adequate enough. We have yet to be on full gas even with a 300 mile drive.
it doesn't at all work like a supercharger. end of story.
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Yeah but the Magnusson has been problematic, so there's that. I guess to the point nobody has built a good reliable SC I will give it to you, but in general terms, no. It isn't the same. Hybrids are not like having a (properly operating) S/C.

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Lol.

Hey whose going to send Jeep that $7,500 on your behalf?
I will have already paid the money to Jeep, you get the $7500 rebate when you file your tax return. So I would get back $7500 from the $20k the government stole from me throughout the year. Really not that hard to understand.

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
It is not a rebate, it is a tax credit. You get a reduction in the amount of tax you have to pay in. It is money the government wants to operate on. It is made up by the government borrowing money, or collecting more from other taxpayers. There are many of these in the Tax Code that can be used. That is why high income taxpayers pay an overall lower percentage of their income in taxes. Our elected representatives have been adding these for years. The original income tax form was a single page and everyone paid a flat percentage. It is now a lifelong career to understand, interpret, and take full advantage of the Tax Code.
I understand how taxes work, and income taxes didn’t exist prior to 1913. Even then they were only meant for the top earners. Whether you call it a rebate or a credit, either way I get to keep more of my money. Taxation is theft

Sponsored

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 landcruiser
I really hope they announce this soon and it has a late this year release date. This is pretty much the only drivetrain I've been wanting and waiting for. I just got back from a camping trip with my 99LC and it got 7.6MPG towing my trailer and I was working the old girl WAY too hard to get there and back. If the towing on this meet or are damn close to the diesel and the electric only goes at least 20miles I'll pre order. 99% of my daily driving could be done electric only and hybrid covers the rest when I'm playing off road/going out of town.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Taxation is theft
No, no it's not!! It's robbery. Theft is when your stuff/money is stolen quietly without threat of violence. Government is robbing you because if you don't pay, armed goons will show up to collect it, cage you, or kill you.

Back to hybrids, I don't get it. Seems like a half-assed measure that's not exciting at all. We have a 2020 regular gas Gladiator, and a Tesla. The full electric has monstrous savings in both fuel and overall maintenance/things to go wrong. Full electrics don't get oil changes, filters, and have very a very low number of moving parts. Hybrids have MORE parts and more to go wrong, and still need regular maintenance. The economy of a full electric is that we spend about 1/9th for electricity as what it takes to travel the same places in the Gladiator or our previous car, a Z4.

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 landcruiser
Back to hybrids, I don't get it. Seems like a half-assed measure that's not exciting at all. We have a 2020 regular gas Gladiator, and a Tesla. The full electric has monstrous savings in both fuel and overall maintenance/things to go wrong. Full electrics don't get oil changes, filters, and have very a very low number of moving parts. Hybrids have MORE parts and more to go wrong, and still need regular maintenance. The economy of a full electric is that we spend about 1/9th for electricity as what it takes to travel the same places in the Gladiator or our previous car, a Z4.
My work commute is under 20km daily. Add in going for groceries/hardware store/... and they're all within another 20km and I do them roughly weekly. That is probably 90% of the total driving distance I do and can easily be done pure electric. My last offroading trip was 150km of highway then 8 hours off road going about 80km in the process and then another 150km back home. NOTHING exists at the moment that will do the offroad part and that total distance that is pure electric. My regular camping trips involve driving 300km on highway then another 100-200km of gravel back roads and then back. Finding Gas requires planning on those trips as stations are few and far between that remote and there isn't a single charging station past the 3/4 mark on the highway. Maybe one day they'll get charging stations before I hit the gravel roads but honestly it's more likely that the last remaining gas station out there shuts down due to lack of customers...

In a perfect world I'd have two vehicles. One for in town commuting and one for the offroad/camping adventures but I don't have the space nor the money for both so the hybrid is the overly complicated and expensive solution. Throw in the fact that I'm starting to "need" a new vehicle and the 4xe has me really interested.

Bacon_00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
This is pretty exciting -- I think I'm going to take advantage of the crazy user-car prices right now & sell my Sport S and then wait for the 4xe Gladiator. Seems like there's a good chance it'll arrive with the 2022 model year. I can live a year or so without a 2nd vehicle.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I will have already paid the money to Jeep, you get the $7500 rebate when you file your tax return. So I would get back $7500 from the $20k the government stole from me throughout the year. Really not that hard to understand.
Who is funding the $1b for each manufacturer? Thin air? No, it's out of the Congressional budget. Who pays for the congressional budget? Really not that hard to understand.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Cheeto Jesus was printing money like crazy for a while there, probably funded from that.
And who pays for the securities behind the 'printed' money?

The answer always leads back to 'the American public'. It feels warm and cozy to buy an EV and think it's your own money but it isn't. Quaint to stop there, but it isn't the true end answer.

It never is when the government is involved. It is always a budget item. Whether it's specifically set aside or re-appropriated money, it is always a budget item of some sort. Budgets are funded either through everyone else's tax roll directly or through the aforementioned 'printing' money.

There is no way around the fact that the source behind on persons credit is everyone else around them in the end.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
And who pays for the securities behind the 'printed' money?
Nobody. It's free. We can print all we want!!!!

(Yes, it's all sarcasm)

A tax credit is less money robbed, I'm good with the ethics of that. And my EV had no direct tax benefit to me since it was bought used. Also, Teslas have no tax credits any more, that I'm aware of.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
better gas milage is fine but the 4Xe has more power and torque and thats the best part.

The battery DOES NOT need to be plugged in prior to driving in order to enjoy the extra power from the electric motor. The extra power will always be there as long as you drive in hybrid mode.

If you want the best gas milage possible or want to drive on ELECTRIC ONLY, plug it in before you leave.

Overlanding people will not be stuck without a plug because it will work like a traditional hybrid otherwise.....Still providing you better gas milage per gallon of fuel compared to a traditional ICE set up. (just not as good compared to a fully precharged battery)

Since we are unlikely to ever see a factory HEMI for the gladiator or a factory forced induction option either, the 4Xe represents our best option for more reliable power.

Slow or lacking in power is not something I have read about the 4xe yet.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Nobody. It's free. We can print all we want!!!!

(Yes, it's all sarcasm)

A tax credit is less money robbed, I'm good with the ethics of that. And my EV had no direct tax benefit to me since it was bought used. Also, Teslas have no tax credits any more, that I'm aware of.
Less money taken at tax time for the buyer, but that $7500 is funded by everyone else. That's the point so many here are missing. It's not about the tax return itself, it's about the budget that funds the sending of $7500 to the individual via the tax return.

I guess some people are fine with their neighbors having to help them buy a car. I am not.
Sponsored