First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
The only thing that was out there was Harbor Freight on the APEX 12K if you managed to get the coupon from them for 15% off. Assuming your bumper can run it. So far have not seen anything to blow anyone away. 4 Wheel Parts just discounted Warn Winches a small amount. They have the Warn EV 10K or something like that for $600.00 but it's steel cable so you would still have to come up with a couple of extra hundreds to replace the cable. Maybe on the day of Black Friday, someone might have some sort of one-day sale.
I’ve been seriously considering the HF winch. Every review I’ve seen has been really good and I believe Matt from Matt’s Off Road Recovery uses them. If it’s good enough for him it’s good enough for me…
Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
True. But I have had much better success with Warn customer service than with Harbor freight.

that’s worth 200 bucks to me.
HF customer service has been nothing but stellar to me. They just recently replaced an entire set of hex wrenches because I broke just one of the set. And that was due more to my ham handedness as it was a very small one on a very stubborn screw.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
HF customer service has been nothing but stellar to me. They just recently replaced an entire set of hex wrenches because I broke just one of the set. And that was due more to my ham handedness as it was a very small one on a very stubborn screw.
I had no issue with the winch and purchased one but ended up returning it. I went to two places and both refused to install it in the Arcus bumper I have on my truck. They said they have tried installing those big winches on that bumper in the past and had nothing but problems. I couldn't convince them to do the install. So I returned it to the store. I am back again to waiting if maybe someone might do something on Black Friday or Cyber Monday itself and if not then I am going to just get the Smittybuilt X20 10K Synthetic which I know will fit into the Bumper. It will likely be just slightly over $600 at 4 Wheel Parts

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Harbor Freight Badlands Apex 12K.....hands down. 12K and synthetic rope for $519.00. Can't beat it.

OP
OP
calicorks

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I’ve been seriously considering the HF winch. Every review I’ve seen has been really good and I believe Matt from Matt’s Off Road Recovery uses them. If it’s good enough for him it’s good enough for me…
I love that Channel! I’ve learned a lot about recovery from him! Oh, and sand tires hehe. Don’t go on loose sand unless you have the rubber.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
I bought the latest generation Smittybilt winch (12.5k). I think it’s pretty good bang for the buck. This review helped sell me on it.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Instead of buying a $300 winch plate, I got a $300 winch bumper. Rampage "Rock Rage" bumper installed easily and accepts the APEX 12k winch perfectly.

There was a large work van with marble counter tops in it buried in a wet soggy field 100 feet from pavement earlier this year. I used the APEX winch and a 30 foot strap to reach him. Pulled him to safety and he was so happy he didn't have to call a tow truck that he slipped me some cash even though I refused it.

My wireless remote stopped working and Harbor Freight sent me a new one no questions asked also.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer

TheBrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Due to hitting a deer I just upgraded an older Smittybilt 8K winch to an X20 12.5K Smittybilt winch with synthetic cable for $719.