First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, '21 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Engineer
Store it..... in Arizona. You might be coming back to a truck that's been sitting in FL flood water.
haha why does everyone think all of FL can be flooded? I get it a lot of areas do flood, and that a lot of areas were built on swamp land and poor drainage infrastructure and do see localized flooding but we have a lot of points that are 300+ ft above sea level. I know that sounds like nothing compared to mountains or even some of the plains but that would be some very impressive storm surge for us. We have very good maps showing what areas are flood zones and they are quite accurate.

But yea to the OP, obviously take a look at where you plan to store it and make sure its not in a flood zone lol. I can't help you on where to store it as I don't have the space but if it ends up in the Orlando area and you ever need someone to go check on it for you, I can give you my contact info.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
holly Molly that's a hell of a build. wow simply amazing. congratulations.

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
I'm in the "Bring it with you" (if you can) camp.
Otherwise, the objectively prudent thing to do would be to part it out, get it as close to stock as possible, to maximize your resale of the truck and the parts.
Put the money to work to earn some interest. Then when you get back, buy and build another dream rig.

Sponsored

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
Let the bids start. Offering $1

/s

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
I've done both when deployed. Left a vehicle with a family member when I deployed for a year they were supposed to drive it but when I got back it was in the same place I parked it with vines growing up through the ac vents.

The second year long deployment I just sold my car and and went my merry way. My thought was A.) it won't sit and rot B.) I'm not paying insurance (If you're storing it you want it insured for more than just potential theft or accident what if the building collapses burns to the ground etc... C.) I'm not paying storage fees.

It is a conundrum...if you do store it try to find a vehicle specific storage facility. Like this https://floridaclassiccarstorage.com/

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
I do not know your situation BUT if it were me I would leave it at my brother's (or dad's) house (granted they have room) and have them drive it sparingly (like once a week). You'll regret selling it. Storing it is a PITA. If they drove it 20 miles per week, that's only 1040 miles per year. Would not devalue it mileage wise VS it just sitting in storage.

Fundamental Jeepster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
retired
Store it. With the way the attitudes are getting with fossil fuel vehicles, you may come back in a couple years and can't get a vehicle like that.

My opinion. :like:

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
You can park it in my backyard. I won't even charge you rent. My niece would be happy to take care of it for you. She would even drive it on the weekends to keep the batteries charged.

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Agree with SnakeEyes…get a trusted family member or friend to babysit her until you get back.

MemphisMississipp

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
Well I just finished building my dream gladiator and I suddenly have to go overseas for few years for work.

I am tempted to just store it but the idea of it getting no love and the warrantee running out is a bummer.

There is a full list of upgrades in man the for sale section.

Im just here to pout.

top_down_doorsoff.jpeg
angle_doors_off.jpeg
side_doors_off.jpeg
rear_angle_doorsoff.jpeg
front_topon.jpeg
pulling_tractor.jpeg
Man, that’s a shame. Gladiator looking that fine would sure be just reward when you got back home.

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
costs like 1500 to ship a car to europe, just bring it with you :)

also what front bumper is that? also are those 40s?
Sponsored