Jeep (doesn't) Care(s)

DavdZ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2016 Ural 2008 Mercury Mariner
I wanted to build, but when I got mine they weren't even taking orders. Didn't get all the options I wanted, but glad I bought at the time.
You're lucky to even order.
Sponsored

KJ Jeeper

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Liberty
Occupation
Forestry
I ordered February 15, 2021. I don’t even have a VIN yet.....

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First world problems🥳
Absolutely. Probably under 40 also. (Millenial). To the OP. Just breaking your stones. But it does help to keep perspective.
Shortly after I turned 34, I found out my fiancé had breast cancer. She is great and going on 20 years cancer free. Its just that the experience helps you to understand what is important.

They told you to estimate 10 weeks. It isn't even 7 weeks. Relax. Think about how lucky you are to be able to be able to afford a 50k truck.

CdnGriff

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mohave
I ordered February 15, 2021. I don’t even have a VIN yet.....
I hear you. Ordered 2/13. No VIN, no mevement.

Judging by the many comments I’ve read, it appears that there’s very little movement on any Canadian orders. My dealer’s lot is *empty*. They can’t even sell Ram trucks because they have no inventory left. Sure would like to hear from Jeep Cares on this.

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
I ordered an Overland on 4/19 and received my VIN on 4/23.

I check on today (4/26) and here is the message I got: "I am showing that your vehicle is currently in the frame stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. The vehicle will be completed within the next few days or so, we can suggest checking back later on in the week for an update."

wvuviv30 build.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
It's the fact that they escalated it two weeks ago (without my asking) and then the follow up has completed fallen off. There's not any on the lots that are even close to my build... There's not a manual transmission in my state.
I get having to order to get what you want. I went manual transmission, sting gray, and hardtop which required ordering the truck. May be best to ignore the updates and just wait for it to come so you can enjoy it instead of thinking about how long it took or what transpired before it got to you.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
Ever watch the jeep factory videos and wonder if it was yours that got recorded?

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I've been blown away with how painful this build process has been.

I ordered my JTR through Kate at Courtesy Jeep in PA on 3/9. Got my VIN a few days later but since then, nothing! I've chatted with Jeep online and they have stated that all of my parts have been collected but it hasn't entered production yet. It's been at this same status for several weeks now. If all the parts are there, why the hold up in building it? No one has been able to answer this questions. I have escalated the issue via chat and got a follow up email but no reply to my response on that message.

Did anyone else have this much trouble with a factory order? Maybe it's the pile of parts sitting in my office, waiting to go on but I'm now nearing the 10 week mark, about when my dealer told me to expect delivery or at least the truck to be completed.
Mine was ordered June 22, I picked it up September 4th - it was at the dealer the week before that. So 2.5 months. So, you may see yours first part of June.

Sikjeep2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Damn, I ordered on 3/16/21 and it was delivered to the dealer on 4/15/21. Loaded rubicon minus all the safety packages.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I ordered 2/9 and my diesel landed on the dealers lot 28 days later 🤷‍♂️

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Mine was ordered June 22, I picked it up September 4th - it was at the dealer the week before that. So 2.5 months. So, you may see yours first part of June.
So which model year was it? Or is there a time when they are producing both? Just curious because I'm waiting on the 2022 order guide to drop before making a call.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I hear you. Ordered 2/13. No VIN, no mevement.

Judging by the many comments I’ve read, it appears that there’s very little movement on any Canadian orders. My dealer’s lot is *empty*. They can’t even sell Ram trucks because they have no inventory left. Sure would like to hear from Jeep Cares on this.
What do they have to do with this? All they would say is there are shortages.

They might be able to probe into OP's complaint, but there wouldn't be a point as this is very premature to be complaining about.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So which model year was it? Or is there a time when they are producing both? Just curious because I'm waiting on the 2022 order guide to drop before making a call.
It's a 2020 model.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I ordered a 2021 Power Wagon on Dec 4, and was told 6 weeks, it took almost 4 months.

Ordering a vehicle will be an exercise in patience. Whoever you are chatting with doesn't know shit from shine-ola about when your Jeep is going to be built. Their job is to engage you and hopefully placate you, but they have absolutely no influence on the build scheduling.
Sponsored