Loose Steering?

Scrubb84

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
FCA actually affirmatively designed the loose steering into the Mojave model: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...iator-mojave-edition.27544/page-8#post-445337
IMO this is their way out of the shitty situation they put themselves in. Take the stockpile of garbage steering boxes and put them in the new model, but advertise it first so no one will know we fā€™d up real bad to begin with. Im loving this.

edit: they should advertise it correctly and say it is designed with ā€œA LOSE OF STEERINGā€ not loose.
Thats what I have. Complete lose of steering in the dead-zone.

Last edited:

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
IMO this is their way out of the shitty situation they put themselves in. Take the stockpile of garbage steering boxes and put them in the new model, but advertise it first so no one will know we fā€™d up real bad to begin with. Im loving this.

edit: they should advertise it correctly and say it is designed with ā€œA LOSE OF STEERINGā€ not loose.
Thats what I have. Complete lose of steering in the dead-zone.
Sorry I keep doing this. It was a joke. I made up that language and inserted into the quotation.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Again, sorry. I thought the "as you wobble over even the most-extreme dunes" would have given it away.
Again, sorry. I thought the "as you wobble over even the most-extreme dunes" would have given it away.
probably should go back and edit that post and add a disclaimer attributing it to the ā€œundocumented 6th attributeā€ - poorly-engineered addition of excessive steering play, noticeable as you play in the sand and wobble with the faintest of control over even the most minute dunes.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I thought that was a funny edit.

BeeYoBe

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
At first, it was almost only a Rubicon problem. Is it still the case? I tried to verify this myself by looking at profiles, but thereā€™s too many forum members that donā€™t give detailed description of their Gladiator model...
Got a 100% Stock Overland here that had extremely loose steering that was fixed about 60-70% with a new track bar. Still not right, but a lot better. I would love for it to get fixed real soon, but i'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Sounds like ordering is playing steering Russian roulette, need to test drive first...

Sponsored

Musser717

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Gladiator Overland, c300 DD
Got a 100% Stock Overland here that had extremely loose steering that was fixed about 60-70% with a new track bar. Still not right, but a lot better. I would love for it to get fixed real soon, but i'm not holding my breath.
Did you get the dealership to put a new track bar in under warranty, or did you go aftermarket?

BeeYoBe

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Did you get the dealership to put a new track bar in under warranty, or did you go aftermarket?
2nd Dealer replaced under warranty. First dealer had 2 more overland models that did the same thing so they said nothing they can do.

They went off of the JL Wrangler loose steering issue since they are all the same parts.
The bulletin number for the JL loose steering: 02-003-19

Last edited:

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Had the JT back in for an oil change and replace the steering damper they recommended the last time I had it in. After 3 days, they said it does not need the steering damper just an alignment which I had done by an independent shop and done perfectly. But whatever. So then the service manager, assistant service manager and the tech all go drive it and the results of their extensive testing and knowledge is..... drives like it should.

I have both the wander and the play in the steering wheel. Wife refuses to drive it. My 4th Jeep, so I know what it should drive like. The BS continues. They just have no f...ing clue.

I have some improvement in steering play by seating all fuses and cranking the steering wheel lock to lock.

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation