First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Also just to be clear. My choice not to post was to steer clear of any misunderstanding or negativity for the shop and Sprintex.
Dude at this point no one on here has a reason to question your integrity or ethics.
Sponsored

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Dave am I reading that right, you took out your motor also?

Doh 😖

Sorry. Hope you can figure out what combination of things caused it.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Wish you had resources to keep developing the 3.6 platform since you took on a lot of liability here and don't seem to be doing this for your own personal gain. This situation would definitely test anyone's fortitude.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LS swap will fix the lame 3.6 issues 😜

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Well I am never one to shy away from the truth.

Yes the engine expired. I finished the truck and was using it as a daily and was getting the driveability nailed down on the tune. I drove it to work, took my kids to sporting events, to the family out to dinner.

With the Sprintex, I had to create a new tune from scratch as the boost curve was much different. I ran things conservatively as this vehicle presents a big load just driving down the road.

After seven days I was pretty positive I had the bugs ironed out and I returned the jeep to the shop. I was so confident I threw the keys to the shop owner and said let's go for a spin, even told him his wife could go for a ride.

As we got out on the highway the truck shifted to 4th and that was it. No warnings no jerkiness, all the data looked good. All the equipment I had hooked to the truck did not catch whatever happened.

We brought truck back to the shop and I apologized to the shop owner, for failing him, and disappointing his customer, and told him I will do what it takes to make it right, and I am. I Also called Sprintex and told them what happened, and apologized for not getting it right.

I have over 300 hours in this vehicle, and a bit of money in equipment and consumables, and now I will have more time and money into making the shop and customer whole again. Sprintex has been very supportive and is working with me on finding an engine.

I was also curious as to how this happened, so in a move that in hindsight was not very smart. I put this tune on my truck to try and sort out what happened, as I wanted to have answers and support everyone

Well truck was driving great. Went to do some errands yesterday, and now my truck is down, same type of failure. Whatever it is, it is fast and brutal, with no warning

Long story longer. The shop and Sprintex are not to blame. The fault rests solely on me, and I am very sorry for what has taken place. I was very confident I could figure this out, now I am not. It will be a bit of a burden to make it right, but all I can do is dig in and start doing so.

At this point I am not sure what my plans are going forward. I have 1000s of hours on my original tunes. I have dyno time, and lots of study. I will still work with those who have purchased them. I am pretty sure I will not stray from that formula anymore. At the moment I am pretty sure I am done tuning this platform as it his taken a fair bit of time and money, and I do not have much to show for it.

Not sure who this poster is, but hey the internet is great for making sure your closet is clean.
I am curious, how was this install being sold to the customer as? Was it something that was still an engineering development in work?

I get you are the tuner here but if Sprintex was not even a flushed product, how are you solely responsible here? Were you contracted to the shop or Sprintex for your time?

OP
OP

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
It was sold as a preproduction, but we were pretty sure it would run well, and it really did. Sprintex is supporting the clean up process, but I will never get that time back, which was my decision.

Yes I took out my motor trying to get data on the situation. That part really sucks as that is my daily driver. Also I was inline for an SRT Durango and that will probably fall through as I need the funds to fix my ride.first world problems but still.

Something happens at part throttle that super loads the cylinder. I think it is almost better when you let the throttle eat all the air it want.

I did not have these problems when I was trying to get all the powers!

kyoung05

First Name
Kyoung
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2005 STI, 2020 M340i
Something happens at part throttle that super loads the cylinder. I think it is almost better when you let the throttle eat all the air it want.
Sounds like a similar issue the Suburu tuners had when the ECU switches from open loop to closed loop...
Sponsored