First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
I'm looking at AMW4x4 website, don't see a 5.7L Hemi swap option, only the 6.4L. Is it an off the menu item? And, i know you've said a range of $30-$35k but is it like $35K with the all the things included in the 6.4L swap that they have for $36k, so it's a $1k difference? THANKS! I'm looking at the build.
Are you going bigger axles? 60's?
as an aside for the thread: There's a Rubi on Rubitrux in NC for $100k that's got 3k miles, and a Hellcat engine. 2" mopar lift and 37's, along with the rocksliders with the steps that swing out ($2k new) parting the thing out and backing into what the Rubi would be worth (launch addition, so, fully loaded) seems it would cost me $116k to build that thing. If you're in NC, make them an offer!
Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I swapped a LS 6.0 and 6l80E transmission into my 2007 JKU with a DIY kit at 51 now 56 I will have someone do the swap. Not only that but I had nothing but bugs to work thru for the 5 years I had it. About the time I sold it to my oldest son to get the JT I had everything pretty much taken care of, but during that time, argh. That is why I will have someone do the install so if there is problems they can take care of them not me. I understand that the hemi conversions are doing really well with integration into the system though, so that helps a lot which makes sense not combining two different operating systems.

Very interested to see how this swap plays out.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I'm looking at AMW4x4 website, don't see a 5.7L Hemi swap option, only the 6.4L. Is it an off the menu item? And, i know you've said a range of $30-$35k but is it like $35K with the all the things included in the 6.4L swap that they have for $36k, so it's a $1k difference? THANKS! I'm looking at the build.
Are you going bigger axles? 60's?
as an aside for the thread: There's a Rubi on Rubitrux in NC for $100k that's got 3k miles, and a Hellcat engine. 2" mopar lift and 37's, along with the rocksliders with the steps that swing out ($2k new) parting the thing out and backing into what the Rubi would be worth (launch addition, so, fully loaded) seems it would cost me $116k to build that thing. If you're in NC, make them an offer!
I didn't shop the site - I just called AMW and told them what i wanted. The price depends on how you outfit it. $35 is the high end of the 5.7 install and includes some extra goodies.

The 6.4 was about a 4k base price difference - I didn't want and wasn't interested in the 6.4. Had I wanted it though, for just 4k.....I wouldn't have held back.

Rubitrux is a good company. I am a Jeep guy through and through which means I don't want to buy something someone else has modded and built. Its a decent price for sure but for me personally I'd rather spend the $116k and have it built exactly how I want it rather than save a few grand to get a deal and settle on some things. Just my particular view.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I swapped a LS 6.0 and 6l80E transmission into my 2007 JKU with a DIY kit at 51 now 56 I will have someone do the swap. Not only that but I had nothing but bugs to work thru for the 5 years I had it. About the time I sold it to my oldest son to get the JT I had everything pretty much taken care of, but during that time, argh. That is why I will have someone do the install so if there is problems they can take care of them not me. I understand that the hemi conversions are doing really well with integration into the system though, so that helps a lot which makes sense not combining two different operating systems.

Very interested to see how this swap plays out.
That was my fear! I did my supercharger install and it was doable but even that had months of kinks. I just didn't want to take it on as a DIY for something this in depth.

AMW has something like 400+ of these under their belt and I have talked to a few people running their builds and nothing but good things to say. Along with the conversion price you get the programmer and OBD2 and stuff and if you ever have a tuning issue they can remote right in and diagnose/fix those types of things.

I am pretty excited about it. I think my sales guy may be getting sick of me because I keep adding stuff to my build. At this point though I am kind of in the mindset of get EVERYTHING I want done and just sit back and enjoy it all when it is done.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
What T-case are you mating to this? I'd be interested to see an Atlas attached on something to this level and how it performs overall.
My JT is a Rubicon, the Rubicon transfer case is "bullet proof" or so I am told and they don't suggest any upgrade.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
My faithful project manager over at AMW4x4 sent me some photos and an update this evening. Things are progressing FAST. Most of the long arm bracketry and etc. is in and ready to go. You will also notice a sexy ass Hemi sitting in the engine bay.

Super excited and the team at AMW continues to impress. I accidentally added a few more items to my punch list tonight as well #beadlocks and 40's.

Needless to say I will also have my current 18" Black Rhinos and almost full tread 37" Ridge Grapplers for sale!

Enjoy!!

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion IMG_3031

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion IMG_3037

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion IMG_3032

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion IMG_3030

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion IMG_3035

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
I have a 2020 JT Rubicon running a 2" Mopar lift and 37" tires. I am a long time Jeep owner (5 builds) and have always ALWAYS wanted to do a Hemi Conversion. On my JT I strongly considered it but then decided to go with a less expensive alternitive and supercharged. I honestly thought I would love it but quickly found why it was a 3rd of the price and absolutley hated it. I can't say enough about the supercharger company and they were honest to god good people. The supercharger option no matter the manufacturer just isn't for me. It was soooo far off a stock feeling drive, the power wasn't were I needed or wanted it, it was awful for hauling, etc etc etc.

Anyways to the exciting part. After being disappointed, I called and started researching compaies with the best reputation for Hemi converstions. I spoke with several companies and from everthing I could find AMW4x4 is the absolute best in the business for so many reasons. Anyways, fast forward a month or so and my JT is currently in Holly MI at AMW4x4 getting its Hemi conversion as well as a handfull of other parts and upgrades. I plan to keep updating as the build goes and a review once I drive it home.

I decided to go with the 5.7 over the 6.4 on this build. I have owned 10+ 5.7's and currently own a 6.4 SRT. I decided on the 5.7 for several reasons:

Fuel -The supercharger required premium fuel. I didn't think it would bother me a bit but after a few fill ups.....it really did piss me off a bit that I had to run premium and the performance wasn't much better.
Economy - I like driving my JT alot......the 5.7 offers 415 hrspwr and 400+ in torque. I will see better fuel economy and just all out be happier with the 5.7. Seriously....I don't need my lifted truck to be a sports car. Many people don't agree with me on this.....but I have a 6.4 for when I want to drive it.

During its time at AMW 4x4 it will be getting a complete new powertrain amongst some other goodies - engine, transmission, full exhaust, drive shafts, differntials (5.13s), updating the lift to a AMW custom long arm 3" lift specifically for the Hemi build, fenders, fender liners, and some other small hardware and badging.

Here are two "before snaps" and a few snaps of the work in progress. I will try to keep pictures and updates pretty regularly. Feel free to reach out with questions or comments!

Also - I have a stock 2" Mopar lift in mint condition (6k miles on it) for sale. This will come with the front adjustable track bar (Teraflex) and an adjustable rear track bar (Evo).

View attachment 125599

Congrats man! You're Sting Gray too, so we're going to be close to twins. The 5.7 is a solid match with this truck, so you should love it. Looking forward to seeing your updates.
Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion campNcrawlR
Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion IMG_1586

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
So I wonder when the 392 option will be available in the JT ? Will they do the conversion if I supply the motor and tranny ? (my son deals in low mileage SRT and Hell Cat motors he can get me engine and the 4x4 tranny for about $5K total with under 5K miles, I'd just need the install)

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Great research and write up. But I do have a serious cash question.

If we have hints of another V-8 option in a year or two from the OEM, does it make sense to wait. I would think an old man like me might be in a rush and go the route you are, but a younger person/family might make out fiscally (and warranty wise) in the short/long run if we get a 5.7 option in lower model JTs ( not 72K Rubi-Unlimiteds).

That said, maybe you all know and are sure that Jeep won't put an 8 in the Gladiator, I sure as heck am hoping for it and am ready to sell/trade as soon as an affordable v-8 option is offered OEM.

Good luck with the build and thanks for the shop referral!

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
So I wonder when the 392 option will be available in the JT ? Will they do the conversion if I supply the motor and tranny ? (my son deals in low mileage SRT and Hell Cat motors he can get me engine and the 4x4 tranny for about $5K total with under 5K miles, I'd just need the install)
The 6.4 crate engine retails for 9K and the 5.7 for 6K plus tax. that's where you can probably shave a few bucks. Not sure that transmission you are referencing would work though. Just ask the guys at AMW or Rubitrux.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
For now, Jeep has said no future plans for the Gladiator to be included with the 392 from the factory. My guess (all speculation) is that they will ride out the Wrangler sales for a year or two and use that to factor in on their decision.
Sponsored