Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Man - should have gotten that all done when you did the powertrain :)! I am one to talk I guess......being that I am going back for a 2nd round of upgrades. Looking like it won't just be a powertrain swap either but.....I don't want to say to much as some of the goodies are still in R&D.
OH interesting :). Cannot wait. I could actually do the final build out at AMW as well. might be the smartest thing to do next year 😂 otherwise I just keep iterating
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
OH interesting :). Cannot wait. I could actually do the final build out at AMW as well. might be the smartest thing to do next year 😂 otherwise I just keep iterating
I think you would be happiest with the turnout going that way. I've done a bunch of my own builds in the past and they just have so much Jeep knowledge .... around me there isn't a single place that understands Jeep suspension like these guys.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Man I feel left out! Here I am running my stock drivetrain on 37's with the little ol' 5.7.

Mopar King, can not wait to see and hear what you are up to with your upgrades, sounds awesome!

Shrinkhead, will be interesting to hear what you think of the tire progression and the eventual tons under the Gladiator.

Unfortunately, I am getting the itch for 40's but I do not want to spring for the tons to do it right. So I may just to 38's and see if that scratches the itch.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Man I feel left out! Here I am running my stock drivetrain on 37's with the little ol' 5.7.

Mopar King, can not wait to see and hear what you are up to with your upgrades, sounds awesome!

Shrinkhead, will be interesting to hear what you think of the tire progression and the eventual tons under the Gladiator.

Unfortunately, I am getting the itch for 40's but I do not want to spring for the tons to do it right. So I may just to 38's and see if that scratches the itch.
Yeah - the one tons and 40s make a pretty substantial difference. I am glad I went that route - it drives drastically better than it did with stock axles on 37s.

I don't think I ever updated my thread either. I bought my oldest a 2014 JK a few months ago and then decided to upgrade it to a 2020 JLU.

My wife also ordered a Tuscadero Pink 392 last month. So far we have a vin assigned (sitting in D) and waiting on "all the parts" for the build. Hoping MAYBE end of year on it. She opted for that Xtreme Recon package that comes with 35's stock. We will end up going 37's on it but not 40's (her call not mine).

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Congrats on the 392!!!! I tried to persuade my wife but she is holding firm on her GLS 😂 (it is so quiet and refined and roomy.....)

Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition

The 38s look good i agree!!! but also pretty much backordered or can you get them? the are usually wider than the 37s so I would need to do some other work to make them fit so sticking with the 37s for now and then finalize the build next year. Also would like to get an AUX tank somwhere as I expect mileage to go down with the 40s and D60s

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Also would like to get an AUX tank somwhere as I expect mileage to go down with the 40s and D60s
I agree, been wondering if a LRA tank is doable with a hemi swap. Mainly the exhaust fitment or if major rework needs to be done to the exhaust.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Congrats on the 392!!!! I tried to persuade my wife but she is holding firm on her GLS 😂 (it is so quiet and refined and roomy.....)
My wife ditched her BMW X5 - M for the 392 Wrangler. Wranglers are quiet refined and roomy :)!

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Well folks.....we are back at it!

Round2.1.jpg

Round2.jpg
Yeah buddy !!!! Cannot wait on your impressions when done. Hope you find the time to do a write up of all the fun changes and driving impressions. You think you have it back in 2 weeks ?

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Does it still have the 5.7?