Sponsored

My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know anything about Raptor Drivers as a group? I know Im generalizing, but three times Ive had Raptors come up on me, slow down as if to race, then take off. In one instance he cut me off to slow down then sped off.

Are they a special sub group of truck Bros?
Ford basically engineered that truck for the mall crawl dude-bro crowd. They know their base.

Sort of like Ram knows theirs....POWER WAGON.
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I had that from a guy in a Wrangler that was VERY lifted on 35s. Told me he hates Gladiators, but mine looks good.

I get comments all the time and yes it’s either that they love it or think it’s ugly. I find it funny and don’t really care because I think it’s one of the best looking vehicle I have owned. Just had new tires installed yesterday and the tech that pulled it out of the garage told me that he thinks Gladiators are ugly but lifted on 37s changes the look entirely and he loved it. I guess that was a compliment mixed with a knock on the truck. Then he spent the next 20 minutes looking it over and saying he wanted one now.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Do you know anything about Raptor Drivers as a group? I know Im generalizing, but three times Ive had Raptors come up on me, slow down as if to race, then take off. In one instance he cut me off to slow down then sped off.

I had one cut me off last Thursday going down to Galveston then hauled ass away. No cars around in close proximity requiring him to cut short over into my lane forcing me to hit brakes or possibly smash front and rear ends.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I get comments all the time and yes it’s either that they love it or think it’s ugly. I find it funny and don’t really care because I think it’s one of the best looking vehicle I have owned. Just had new tires installed yesterday and the tech that pulled it out of the garage told me that he thinks Gladiators are ugly but lifted on 37s changes the look entirely and he loved it. I guess that was a compliment mixed with a knock on the truck. Then he spent the next 20 minutes looking it over and saying he wanted one now.
He's not alone... And I bought one. :CWL: Stock they do look goofy as hell, but lifted on 37's or larger, and they look badass. I've been building offroad trucks for nearly 20 years, so I see the vision before purchase. Luckily I searched JTR's on 37's before buying and was like, "YEP! That's happening immediately!" And I did.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, they like having circle-jerks and blowing each other...Same with Taco fanboys and Savage rifle fanboys. Hornady cartridge fanboys are maybe worse than ALL of them. Everytime they come out with some half-baked cartridge for NAAM, it's God's creation handed down to man... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
When the dealership brought out my Gladiator with the lift and 35s they all agreed it looked like a different truck. They were even taking pictures of it. The sales guy said it looked like something from The Walking Dead.

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
When the dealership brought out my Gladiator with the lift and 35s they all agreed it looked like a different truck. They were even taking pictures of it. The sales guy said it looked like something from The Walking Dead.
Same here... minus the photos

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
Yeah, they like having circle-jerks and blowing each other...Same with Taco fanboys and Savage rifle fanboys. Hornady cartridge fanboys are maybe worse than ALL of them. Everytime they come out with some half-baked cartridge for NAAM, it's God's creation handed down to man... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
The generalizations you make of groups is unreal. Kind've like the circle jerking Wrangler and Gladiator mall crawlers. Yes, all Jeep owners are true off-road enthusiasts. No Jeep fanboys here. Let it go and get over yourself.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The generalizations you make of groups is unreal. Kind've like the circle jerking Wrangler and Gladiator mall crawlers. Yes, all Jeep owners are true off-road enthusiasts. No Jeep fanboys here. Let it go and get over yourself.
How bad is your reading comprehension? Apparently it's terrible. Or are you just confusing me with someone else, or making shit up to make some sort of "statement"?

I've never said anything about "mall crawlers" or Wrangler owners (other than the 2 douchebags that flipped me bird for no reason, just because I"m driving something different than them). And, my Jeep has been called a "mall crawler"...So why would I mock them? I mock the fact that people call mine a "mall crawler". "All Jeep owners are true off-road enthusiasts"...Seriously? You must have never driven in a college town and seen all the prissy sorority girls driving brand new JLURs as a fashion statement... :facepalm: I think you're imagining things I said, just to make a point.

I don't have anything to "get over"...But I would recommend checking your facts before saying stupid shit again. :like:

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Peppered with questions today from a guy in a real Range Rover at a light. How do I like it?
He made a comment that they are pricey... In his 100K Rover. I told him mine was a Sport S. 38K. He loved the Jeep, loved the color. Found out he is a Land Rover Dealer.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My mother-in-law was excited to ride with the front doors off. Otherwise no one has come up to me. Sunday we'll be showing it off to the in-laws and Grandma has been looking forward to seeing it for a while.

IMG_20200806_184814.jpg

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
When I ordered mine, my adult daughters said "Not one of those ugly things !!!" We went for a drive last night and they said, "when can we go again and go off road ???"

To top it off, last night we were turning around after some evening ice cream and a 20 something attractive woman stopped and said "I love your Jeep Truck Thing" ...

My girls about died ...

Yep, I still got it ...

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I don't know where you guys live because here no one has ever come up to me in the gas station and said anything. Sure I see people looking when the roof and doors are off but other than that I don't see too many people taking any extra notice. I've had 1 guy ask me a few questions in a store parking lot when I got out and 1 guy said he liked my Jeep truck at a stop light next to me.
Sponsored