Sponsored

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
:surprised:
Did I miss something? Seems like everyone was on the same page here.
You must have missed it, it’s this and the other steering posts.
Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I might just keep my 35" on. Shouldn't have to tip toe around crap because of a manufacturer flaw. Tazer staying on as well. It's used to recalibrate speedo and trans. Shouldn't be an issue.

Let you know how it goes Monday evening after my fight, I mean appointment.

Wasatch1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Vehicle Showcase
My Rubicon Launch only has 5 k miles on it. It has a dealer installed 2 inch lift with 37 BFG ko2s. I noticed it pulled to the right and bought a fox steering stabilizer then I had a 4 wheel alignment done in June. Helped a bit but not perfect. I'm calling my dealership and see where this goes...

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I have the same problem at Greenway, there's nothing wrong, there really puzzled how mine only has 6K miles on it, I tell I don't drive it, steers like crap, its all over the place, Tell them, I'm waiting for FCA to handle it,
I will call Napleton tomorrow, actually pretty close. These local dealers are tough, it reminds me of why I had to drive 2 hours to purchase mine. I'll just bring the TSB with me.

SWATDEN

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to get a Gladiator
Occupation
Professional Whisk(e)y drinker
Car was already in the dealership because of a paint issue :facepalm: (long story)....anyways i called and mentioned the TSB to my service advisor and he told me that my JT was affected so he went and ordered the parts today. He also mentioned that he could only order the parts “every 14 days” so i was glad to be first in line for my dealership.

sooooo Glad that i didnt install my 3.5 lift and 35’s just yet because he told me it would be a problem doing the TSB if i didnt. Not too sure if he’s blowing smoke but i can wait til this issue gets fixed before i put my goodies on.

Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I'm still wating for my JT, but I test drove 2 that both had terrible steering so unless mine comes with the new steering box I'm expecting to have problems. I've got 37" tires sitting in my garage and dealer is putting in the 2" Mopar lift. I will not be installing either till I drive the truck and confirm the steering. Guaranteed they will blame any steering issues on aftermarket 37" tires.
When I put my 37s on, I felt it was a lil more planted and doesnt wonder as much. But I still have a mild, yet controllable steering issue. Either way, I'd rather have the factory upgraded parts, and reprogram, slapped on.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
On a semi related note, if you have this done check your power steering fluid after. They replaced my steering box a while back and they didn’t burp mine out enough after and it was really low. It takes a special Mopar Electric Steering Pump fluid. It made a difference in the steering feel. It feels even better after having enough fluid in it. Go figure.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I take it as this, I put tires and a lift on the vehicle. We all know that when we add stuff to the vehicle it could change performance. So if they refuse to do the work because I modified the vehicle, I can change it back to stock and get the repairs or get over it. I’ll go in with an open mind and not a mind of they should fix it or else because of semantics. Yes it pulled to the right when I bought it and yes it pulls to the right now. But I’ll take a slight pull over a random misfire CEL all day.

The mere fact that so many are worried or concerned about the dealer not performing the work says that they know that adding the tires and the lift could make the dealer question the cause.

just my $00.02
I intentionally waited to put tires on mine until after my steering was fixed. It’s good now since they replaced the steering box, but I am curious about this software update. Maybe it could be better? Idk. It’s pretty good now so can’t complain really.

gotswap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Took ours in to the dealer last night, they knew about the TSB and parts are on back order.

TexasMojaveGuy

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave Gladiator
I called Jeep/Frisco and their service dept is garbage. First, they require an inspection for due-diligence. Okay. Whatever. They were unaware of the TSB, so their management obviously has challenges educating the service advisors. I asked if the part is in stock to prevent going there twice and wasting my time. And there response was that its in their local warehouse and most likely will require two trips. F**King degenerates.

Sponsored

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
I've been watching a discussion about this issue on a general Mopar forum. Of course there is the usual "You bought a Jeep, what did you expect" (to which I answer one that steers like my JK) but two "expert" non-Jeep owners say just keep adding caster until the issue goes away. I asked these experts why FCA would have a TSB for new parts if it was simply an alignment issue.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Took ours in to the dealer last night, they knew about the TSB and parts are on back order.
Guess word got out real quick. Ill give it another week or 2 then try and schedule. I figure they're taking care of all the jeeps on the lot first, then customers.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I just bought a Mojave a week ago and it tracks pretty well ... I have not owned a jeep before so I dont really know what to expect ... It is a bit sloppy but I did not consider it to be overly so ...

Last night I checked my build date and it was built in July ...

I wonder if the very recent builds already have this change done ? Does anyone have any recommendations on how I could confirm this ? I dont want to call and ask because I believe that they would likely tell me mine was not affected. I would tend to not believe them without my own research ...

Any thoughts ?

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I just got off the phone with my dealership. I told them that the steering feels lose and I am constantly wandering down the road. They scheduled me for an inspection next Tues, and then they will order the parts.

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
OK so ive been dealing with the steering issues since i got the jeep and each time i have brought it up to the dealer i received the famous "its normal for a jeep to drive that way". well called my service department today (who is notorious for being a royal PIA when it comes to repairs) informed them of the TSB, and i told them i dont want to make more than 1 trip for this issue. well 1 hour later service manager called me back and stated he will order the parts and when they come in they give me a call for an apt. i was honestly expecting to have to fight more but nope easy peasy..

this must actually be a pretty big deal if they are dealing with the issue this easily. makes me wonder if this is borderline recall status, but they dont want to go that route so trying TSB first.
Sponsored