Sponsored

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
If I'm denied because my dealer doesn't think I need it, I think I'm just going to pay for the install and parts.....sad
As the TSB is written it doesn’t matter what dealer thinks, matters what you (the driver/owner) thinks!
Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
The TSB says: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: North America, APAC, LATAM and EMEA

The TSB says: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: North America, APAC, LATAM and EMEA
It’s been awhile since I took Geography and please correct me if I’m wrong BUT Canada IS part of North America.
Which means the Canadian Market is Part of the North American market and covered!!
Reading these comments about people’s various experiences....it fucking infuriates you how despicable some of these dealerships are...

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
I just got back from my local dealer here in N.W. Ohio
The service advisor looked up my VIN # and showed me the TSB from 8/10. ( which I had previously printed out the TSB and had in my back pocket...just in case I needed it) He said he could order the parts and schedule me in in 2 to 3 weeks
No hassle so far :)
I will update when the actual service is completed.

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
I called my dealership in Texas, nice guys. Looked up my VIN and said there was no TSB available for me. I have a 2020 Gladiator sport. I read the bulletin and I don't see how it doesn't apply. I told them I would check back in a couple weeks.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I dropped my truck off at a local dealer in the Minneapolis area to get some other work done and mentioned having this looked at. They said they'd look at it and already have 15 other people on a waiting list for it. Even If i'm # 16 that put it out to sometime next year before my stuff would get replaced based on the only able to order every 2 weeks.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Replied to dealer appointment confirmation text. Asked if they had parts in stock. The replied back they need to analyze truck first. Shared TSB info on not mentioning any inspection and that it clearly states if customer is experiencing any symptoms perform repair. Silence since.
please keep us posted on this.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I take it as this, I put tires and a lift on the vehicle. We all know that when we add stuff to the vehicle it could change performance. So if they refuse to do the work because I modified the vehicle, I can change it back to stock and get the repairs or get over it. I’ll go in with an open mind and not a mind of they should fix it or else because of semantics. Yes it pulled to the right when I bought it and yes it pulls to the right now. But I’ll take a slight pull over a random misfire CEL all day.

The mere fact that so many are worried or concerned about the dealer not performing the work says that they know that adding the tires and the lift could make the dealer question the cause.

just my $00.02
i'm concerned the dealer is going to question me, and I have not modified the suspension at all...well I guess i have. LE wheels/tires on a Sport.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called in to my dealer and asked about the TSB. They ran my VIN and said it doesn’t apply to mine. Which is total BS. Same dealership with the huge issues on the rear window replacement. So I have sent the TSB to them. I am scheduled to get the Synergy brace installed when they are available. So I assume the thought is to wait on that, correct?
with a dealership that's already giving you hassle? I would wait.

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
It's strange how some people, myself included were able to get the parts, and in for repair right away, and others are being told 4-5 weeks. I brought mine to the dealer yesterday, and the parts were a couple hours away, and it is at the dealer right now being repaired. I am cautiously optimistic this will be the solution, I have been waiting for. I will post my impressions when I pick it up later today.

So I had my service appointment yesterday and they said they would order the parts, probably be available mid-Sept. But since some here are reporting already getting the parts installed, I decided to call my dealer parts department back today and see if they had an eta. After some checking, parts guy said the part # is still showing not available to order. Said they have my information and are waiting until they can place an order.

His only guess is that the parts could be released in limited batches in select regions as a trial before they are available everywhere. He noted back when they were doing air bag recall work, they were one of the first dealers to be able to get parts.

So perhaps it's a way to Jeep to limit exposure and make sure the new gear box is really fixing the problem.

Sponsored

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2020, Cherokee 1995, Cherokee 1993
Dealership called me today and let me know that the parts came in to do the TSB. Only took them two days to get the parts.

Dropping it off today, and he said it will be ready same time tomorrow.

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Dealer called today (8-19-20) said gear box, bolts and power steering fluid was in. I take Gladiator in (8-25-20) Tuesday 8:00A.M. to get installed. YAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Will let you know how it drives afterwards.

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
I'm based in Newfoundland, Canada. I messaged my dealer and showed the TSB and they mentioned that it's a US-only TSB and it's not issued for Canada yet so they can't work on this.
Any Candian owners who got an update about this TSB from the dealers?
I’m in Vancouver and my the service department here said they have the TSB. I was on the phone with them when they looked it up as I was reading them the TSB number. That said, I’m waiting to hear back from them when the parts are due to come in but was told they would bring them in for me to do the fix.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So if modified, and service is refused, even tho it states to do it as per customer complaint... does that mean police can be notified to enforce the Magnusen Act?

How about if they demand the unnecessary inspection?

Just making sure I got me ducks in a row... even tho one likes to wander...

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
I contacted my local dealership (Coquitlam, British Columbia)
He said he had nothing about a TSB on his computer.
When I started discussing the TSB and the fact I have a small lift and 37's he got extremely defensive and in a round about way said that if something broke it was the lift and tires fault and they wouldn't warranty anything.

Not exactly I hoped for, especially when this particular dealership sponsors the local 4 wheel drive association..
Well frankly...in my opinion after having dealt with various dealerships in the lower mainland the best I’ve ever dealt with is Richmond Chrysler. Not exactly the “wheeling capital” of BC but they’ve treated me unbelievably. From the sales managers, accounting department, parts manager and now service. After reading your message I decided to call Richmond Chrysler again and the parts are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If it wasn’t for work I’d get this fix done sooner than later. Probably have to wait until the weekend or early next week to get it done.

Which leads me to this question I have. Why is it that with these days of the internet, the denial that some dealerships have that the “TSB isn’t in the system” can even persist? It’s like they think everyone watches CNN and can never go online themselves to verify if it’s a fake news story or not. In this case it only takes a forum where everyone in North America can share their experiences.

Either way, good luck everyone. I’m sure eventually everyone will come up to speed.
Sponsored