First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Mine went in this morning, they just left a message saying it was completed.

Wondering if they just did the software portion and didn't replace the box/bolts? Could the dealership experience really be this successful after hearing all these horror stories?
Mine was only a few hours ... All was well ... Had to return to get steering wheel re-centered a bit but other than that it was great ... Sounds Reasonable ...
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed - they are allowed something like 1.9 hours for one part, then it was a bit more for another - shouldn't take over 3 hours if they have the stuff on hand and have ever worked on steering gear before. If they do check alignment, that could add time but still half a day or less is the outer limits of what it should involve.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Took my rig to Platinum Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep in Terrell TX at 7am yesterday morning. Service advisor called and said they needed to order the parts. Parts came in this morning and they are doing to required work under TSB 08-074-20. No questions asked.

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Dropped mine off to have it looked at for the TSB.. I’ll let you know what they say.
They called today.. said the repair is needed and it will take 5 days to get parts and install. I can pick up my loaner tomorrow.

Sponsored

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
Have appt next week. Mine wanders. Has couple inches of play. Dealer said if it’s found to have issue they can only order 1 part every 2 weeks and now they are 4 months out. I am calling BS.
South Hills Chrysler Jeep in Pittsburgh, PA area.
@JeepCares. Is this a fact?

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Have appt next week. Mine wanders. Has couple inches of play. Dealer said if it’s found to have issue they can only order 1 part every 2 weeks and now they are 4 months out. I am calling BS.
South Hills Chrysler Jeep in Pittsburgh, PA area.
@JeepCares. Is this a fact?
That is true apparently. Each dealership can only place an order for the TSB parts every 2 weeks.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Curious if the dealers will complain about synergy braces since they secure the steering box
This is what i'm waiting to find out. I'm calling them regarding the steering box after the synergy track bar didn't fix the problem (over 75mph got death wobble)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Most are saying one a week.... that's how it appeared at my dealer when they said a second one came in.

Glad I ator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2006 TJ
Took my rig to Platinum Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep in Terrell TX at 7am yesterday morning. Service advisor called and said they needed to order the parts. Parts came in this morning and they are doing to required work under TSB 08-074-20. No questions asked.
I had the same experience. Told my dealer I wanted it. Ordered with no hassle. Took two weeks to for the parts get in. Rook it in this morning. Picked it up this evening. It's like driving a whole new rig. No steering wheel slop or unexpected veering.

Sponsored

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Just picked up my Jeep today. For me, it is a night and day difference. I didn't realize how bad it was. The steering has a much more firm feel than before (like when I had the Fox stabilizer on it), and there is no play whatsoever. They did perform an alignment and center the steering wheel. It drives like a different truck. It feels new again. It tracks straight and does not wander all over the road. I had ordered a Falcon adjustable stabilizer, but I'm considering returning it. Kearny Mesa CDJR is awesome. A shout out to Bill (Service Dept also has Will and Billy)! They hooked me up with an Uber ride home and back. The steering gear was overnighted, but the bolts took about a week. Well worth the wait! Below is a picture of the new steering gear and the four steel mounting bolts.
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 20200909_173434

xs2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
They called today.. said the repair is needed and it will take 5 days to get parts and install. I can pick up my loaner tomorrow.
They're keeping your car for 4-5 days or your parts are in and you're bringing your car in to swap/pick up loaner?

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Well this is unacceptable ... Now I am jealous that your tech cared enough to get a new nut and mine just hung me out to dry ...

OCD kicking into high gear ... Someone help me ...

My nut is not red !!!!! Oh the humanity ....
Sooooooo, You want a red nut???

Bookem.Dano.Bookem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator North, Ducati Scrambler
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Mine was only a few hours ... All was well ... Had to return to get steering wheel re-centered a bit but other than that it was great ... Sounds Reasonable ...
Picked the jeep up this morning, and they did not replace the part. It is still the aluminum part. There did seem to be a difference around town with just the software, but did not have a chance to get on the highway.

Knew it had to be too good to be true. I will see if the software effort was enough over the next week or so when I can get on the highway.

Kind of upsetting when then customer paperwork states performed service bulletin... No you performed part of the service bulletin.
Sponsored