Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ā€˜91 Wrangler, ā€˜08 GTI, ā€˜11 GTI
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Just checked my steering fluid level after it's been sitting all night. It is below minimum, right at about where the top piece of the housing meets the rest. I've not noticed any real adverse effects while driving but wanted to check it. I just called the dealer and they said bring it by any time and they'll top it off. I've gotta say, so far Tom O'Brien in Greenwood, IN has really surprised me with their level of service.
Quick update to my own post: I swung by the dealership yesterday. I just pulled in like normal and didn't even get out before 1 of the guys was asking me what was going on. I mentioned I had the TSB done a week or so ago (about this time the young kid that helped me walked near and yelled my name and waved, lol) and that now my steering fluid level was quite a bit below min. He said not a problem and that he'd get me some fluid right then and I could just head back out.

At this time another Gladiator pulled up behind me, a nice red LE rubi. Talked to the guy for a few minutes about our trucks. He was also a first time Jeep buyer. Cool guy. Forgot to ask him if he was on the forums though, but he was aware of the TSB and said he didn't feel like he needed it.

Anyways, only talked to him for a few because my service guy came back and said he filled me up to a bit over full (cold) and I should be good now. He moved the other glad out of my way so I could back up (people in front of me in the bay waiting for service, easier to back out) and I was back out within 5 minutes or less. It was nice actually talking to another Gladiator owner :)

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Update from me... dealership initially told me (and the @JeepCares rep handling my case) that they could only order 1 a week and there were 3 in front of me. Well, 3 weeks later, they are now saying they can only order one every 14 days. The Jeep Cares rep I am working with (Meka, she has been great) said no other dealerships she has spoken to have a limitation on ordering these and FCA has not imposed a limit on ordering or indicated any kind of back order).

So, I am going to wait 3 more weeks and if this dealership is still screwing around when the @JeepCares rep follows up again with them , we are going to look for a different dealership.

So I called the dealership on my own today just for poots and giggles and asked to speak with parts instead of service. Parts guy said the steering gear has been there since Sep 4th and not sure why they didnā€™t call me. He then transferred me to service and I scheduled an appointment for the 28th.

This means the dealership lied to the @JeepCares rep and/ or does not have their stuff together. The parts guy was cool and told me they have been slammed with recall and service work - he didnā€™t say it as an excuse by any means but it was interesting info. Either way, I have mixed feelings: Iā€™m glad I am on the schedule for a replacement but not too happy/ comfortable with the dealershipā€™s shenanigans.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Got the TSB work done yesterday. Software reflash of the power steering module and new steering box. The 25 degree/2 inch dead spot in my steering is gone. Much safer to drive now and less fatiguing.
Any body else notice that squeaky wining noise that changes in pitch when you turn the wheel which you can barly record on video over the rumble of the engine is almost gone or much quieter after the TSB?

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Any body else notice that squeaky wining noise that changes in pitch when you turn the wheel which you can barly record on video over the rumble of the engine is almost gone or much quieter after the TSB?
Most likely just air bubbles in the system. Mine was the same way when I picked up my Jeep after the TSB work. There was a bit of whining noise and some notchy (slight jerky twich) feeling when barely moving the steering wheel. They both got better to the point where I don't notice it anymore. If any of those symptoms persist, check the fluid level and have the dealer take a look. Good luck.

Sponsored

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
I just finished a pretty long day trip to the mid-Hudson Valley in NY. want to upgrade from "marginally better" to "it is now decent". On my trip on the Thruway, I found myself correcting the steering much less often. I wouldn't describe it as "night and day" but it's a worthwhile improvement.

JeepTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I was making some changes in JScan and I thought it might be interesting to compare hardware and software versions for the EPS and PCM for those of us who have gotten the TSB. Following is what I show:

Electronic Power Steering:
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 70CF9135-E7FF-43E4-86CE-6955AA83B2EF

Powertrain Control Module:
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 0E3DEAAE-FA68-49B1-9487-FCEC453146AE

Iā€™d be curious to see what others show, if anyone else feels like sharing

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Ok, so here is what is bothering me now...

It seems many of the 2020 Gladiators have this steering issue... and yet there are some that do not.

The question of WHY? now rears its ugly head.

My son has a 2020 Sport S with the aluminium steering gear and yet does not have any of the steering issues noted by anyone else.

What gives?
I have no issues on my Mojave I just bought s well

jayqwellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow (Gobi)
So had mine done yesterday. Drove 70 and over a few bridges. I have play in the wheel. Not sure what my guy may have missed. Any suggestions?
I would verify first that they actually installed the new steering box by peeking under the driverside inner fender, just to cover all bases. If it is indeed the new steering box, I would take it back but that's just me. Seems excessive from your video especially post-TSB. My steering post TSB is much improved with almost not play/dead spot. Perhaps they installed a defective steering box?

jayqwellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow (Gobi)
I didnt really notice it pre-TSB so I cant make a worthwhile before and after comparison, but post-TSB I tested the steering while parked with the engine on. Turned wheel to lock both left and right and I didnt notice any notchy or "bumpy" steering like some have reported. I haven't peeked at my power steering reservoir yet though, so perhaps the dealership did a proper job of bleeding my power steering system to remove bubbles. They did have it for 4 days in total, so they certainly would have had time to do it. I know they performed an alignment and road test after installing the new parts and confirmed the dead spot was gone.

Sponsored

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
My appointment for TSB replacement is on Tuesday at 845 am at M&L Motors in Lexington. Parts came in a week from the diagnosis appointment. Hoping they do everything to get this right the first time. I don't want this to be an ongoing issue of fix, return fix, return. Going to clarify all steps with my SA when I arrive. Fingers crossed.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
My appointment for TSB replacement is on Tuesday at 845 am at M&L Motors in Lexington. Parts came in a week from the diagnosis appointment. Hoping they do everything to get this right the first time. I don't want this to be an ongoing issue of fix, return fix, return. Going to clarify all steps with my SA when I arrive. Fingers crossed.
Id have been a one time fix if the zombies in my service department had READ the tsb that they had in their hands ...

You should have no issue as long as you make sure that they are doing what they are supposed to do and have the proper parts ... Have them confirm that they are putting the correct box on BEFORE starting and you should be perfect ....

I wish I would have but I dont assume (incompetency) the first time I deal with someone ... The next time I deal with this service department, Ill treat them like children and verify everything for them before allowing them to start ... Basically Ill do their jobs for them except for the actual labor ..

Nespeezy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
This is complete and utter shit. I have read through all your posts and am getting more pissed after every one I read. I have the problem and had it before I lifted my Jeep. I traded in a cherry of a JKU for this thing. So I just though new Jeep maybe I am being over critical but not me this dam thing doesnā€™t steer straight and it may or may not fix it. Oh and by the way you lifted it so we are not helping you now but thanks for the 55 grand. Maybe Jeep cares can help you. Well unless Jeep really cares they wouldnā€™t make it so hard to help the customer. If it was t a problem they would not have gone back to the steel steering box for the 2021. What a shit show. I always new never to buy first year vehicle but I did it anyway and once again Chrysler bends me over the table.

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
This is complete and utter shit. I have read through all your posts and am getting more pissed after every one I read. I have the problem and had it before I lifted my Jeep. I traded in a cherry of a JKU for this thing. So I just though new Jeep maybe I am being over critical but not me this dam thing doesnā€™t steer straight and it may or may not fix it. Oh and by the way you lifted it so we are not helping you now but thanks for the 55 grand. Maybe Jeep cares can help you. Well unless Jeep really cares they wouldnā€™t make it so hard to help the customer. If it was t a problem they would not have gone back to the steel steering box for the 2021. What a shit show. I always new never to buy first year vehicle but I did it anyway and once again Chrysler bends me over the table.
Get it all out here my man ā€” honey will get you much further than vinegar when talking with any CS reps or SAs! It sucks but it is what it is.

What if the real TSB fix is all the friends we made along the way?

Thanks for attending my TED talk

Nespeezy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Get it all out here my man ā€” honey will get you much further than vinegar when talking with any CS reps or SAs! It sucks but it is what it is.

What if the real TSB fix is all the friends we made along the way?

Thanks for attending my TED talk
I know your right. I was telling my wife the same thing. I am working with a good person at a different dealership than I bought it. however that may change when she sees the gladiator come in with a Clayton 3.5 inch lift with all 8 adjustable control arms and 37s. However I have alignment specs that are all in factory range and it still wanders. I will not hold it to them if they do the work and it doesnā€™t fix it. I will have to go back to the drawing board and begin tweaking here and there till I get it right.
Sponsored