Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This is complete and utter shit. I have read through all your posts and am getting more pissed after every one I read. I have the problem and had it before I lifted my Jeep. I traded in a cherry of a JKU for this thing. So I just though new Jeep maybe I am being over critical but not me this dam thing doesn’t steer straight and it may or may not fix it. Oh and by the way you lifted it so we are not helping you now but thanks for the 55 grand. Maybe Jeep cares can help you. Well unless Jeep really cares they wouldn’t make it so hard to help the customer. If it was t a problem they would not have gone back to the steel steering box for the 2021. What a shit show. I always new never to buy first year vehicle but I did it anyway and once again Chrysler bends me over the table.
Mine was fixed without issue...plus, this is NOT a first year issue. Check the TSB! Has nothing to do with a first year for this model at all.
Sponsored

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
I scond, or third, the "not a first year vehicle". The Wrangles '18-'20 have the same promlem and I have heard the previous gen Wrangler also did not have great steering.... hence the long time "it's a jeep thing".

I let a few Wrangler friends drive my JT yesterday. They thought it drove amazing because of the length. I told them about the steering box. If the TSB is done correctly and the vehicle alignment isn't messed up Gladiator sould drive perfectly.

Last edited:

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
Recent TSP fulfillment here! Great service and support from Rick Hendrick Jeep in Concord, NC. FWIW, I had 35s installed prior to the steering box remedy. This was not used as an arguing point at all during the process. Great service and incredible change! I've had everything from a TJ to a JT...it was a certainly different steering "feel" with the JT.

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Some quick notes as I tested the torque on all the bolts associated with the steering box change.

The main steering box bolts (the new ones) require an 18mm socket to torque.
The power steering fluid lines are also 18mm.
The pinch bolt for the steering shaft connecting to the steering box is an 13mm bolt head.
The trackbar frame-side mount bolt and nut are 21mm (removed in order to access the pitman arm nut, which I did not measure - used a large crescent).
The draglink pinch bolt nut is a 15mm.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
My parts are in, getting it done this Thursday. Wish me luck! I'm on 37s, 3.5" lift. I'm not taking them off prior to the install. Gonna have faith that everything gets done without me having to maneuver or prep.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My parts are in, getting it done this Thursday. Wish me luck! I'm on 37s, 3.5" lift. I'm not taking them off prior to the install. Gonna have faith that everything gets done without me having to maneuver or prep.
IF they followed the TSB, and it sounds like they have not, then they'd already have SEEN the truck and done the software tests and checked for codes.
Some dealer shops just have their heads up their butts. To not even look at a truck before establishing anything will get them in a big world of hurt one of these days.

If they did the RIGHT thing, followed the TSB to the letter, then they already know about your wheels and lift.

OldFloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just got back from the dealership - the immediately confirmed that yes I do have the problem that is covered by the TSB. However, they said that Jeep is only letting them order one set of parts every two weeks. There are two people ahead of me (scheduled for the 24th and 10th I think). So it will likely be the end of October at the earliest for me to get the fix.

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
Got mine back a few days ago and it is a big improvement. My steering around town was good but extended highway driving was constant corrections. Now that the TSB has been completed I have no play and it tracks straight. I know some have still had issues after the TSB so not sure what the variable is but it was a big improvement for my JTR. Hopefully everyone waiting gets this taken care of. If your in the Atlanta/roswell area Palmer Dodge/Jeep was very easy to deal with but looks like most places in the area have a waiting list.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Just got back from the dealership - the immediately confirmed that yes I do have the problem that is covered by the TSB. However, they said that Jeep is only letting them order one set of parts every two weeks. There are two people ahead of me (scheduled for the 24th and 10th I think). So it will likely be the end of October at the earliest for me to get the fix.
I had mine in to have TCM flash to address CEL light and wanted to get this addressed. The parts are on the backorder until the end of October. I have 1.5 leveling kit, 3/4 rear, fox 2.0 shocks on 35s and they gave me some crap about this that the wondering is not going to be addressed.

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
I had mine in to have TCM flash to address CEL light and wanted to get this addressed. The parts are on the backorder until the end of October. I have 1.5 leveling kit, 3/4 rear, fox 2.0 shocks on 35s and they gave me some crap about this that the wondering is not going to be addressed.
I have a 1.5 leveling kit and 35s. They said that mine and other suspension lifts like the mopar 2 inch and similar weren't really a factor in this. Assuming no issue with the lift install.
This is all dependant on which dealership your at. Some seem to just be ordering parts and putting people on a list while others are looking for any reason to say you don't need it/ it's your lift sorry.

Sponsored

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
That might be the case in the US, but my experience here in Canada so far is the ordering of parts must be approved by the Service Manager at the dealership and by FCA Canada. My current dealership seems to be willing to apply the fix but the red tape around my Mopar lift is blocking them from moving forward. Still don't have an update from FCA Canada...

I admit this has really turned me off from the Jeep brand in general as a 1st time Jeep owner. This is not what I call standing behind your product. Everytime I see that Mopar commercial on tv about how "everything is covered under warranty when you buy Mopar parts", it irritates the sh!t out of me.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Just dropped mine off at the dealer. I brought up the fluid, alignment and pcm flash as well as a few other items mentioned by others to be done when the steering box is replaced. I was told it would be a couple of hours to complete the work. I guess we will see. Hoping everything is taken care of in one trip. We will see. Looking forward to no more drift and not stressing driving in the highway. Will be taking Hwy 64 and 85 back home so I'll know quickly if the issue is remedied. Will update once I pick her up....

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
That might be the case in the US, but my experience here in Canada so far is the ordering of parts must be approved by the Service Manager at the dealership and by FCA Canada. My current dealership seems to be willing to apply the fix but the red tape around my Mopar lift is blocking them from moving forward. Still don't have an update from FCA Canada...

I admit this has really turned me off from the Jeep brand in general as a 1st time Jeep owner. This is not what I call standing behind your product. Everytime I see that Mopar commercial on tv about how "everything is covered under warranty when you buy Mopar parts", it irritates the sh!t out of me.
Sounds like your dealer is willing and Jeep is the one that issued the TSB, your limitation seems to be Canada lol.

bmilleker

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I am in Canada and just had the service completed at Triple 7 Chrysler in Regina, SK. Awesome service from them. I took the vehicle in, they tested and diagnosed the issue, and ordered the parts to perform the TSB. No issues at all.

I wouldn't say it was a night and day difference on my Gladiator. But it's definitely an improvement. It has a more grounded feeling in my opinion. And for sure, it has cut down on the highway wandering.

Bdubs Q

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veracruz
Dealership called and said they performed only software update and not a replacement of the steering box. Did this work for anyone else?
Sponsored