Sponsored

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
Just got mine done in charleston area. Took about 1.5 months for parts to come in. The actual labor took much longer than expected (about 7 hr wait time), because they didn’t check on the bolts being in stock before scheduling my appointment. Luckily they were able to get some from a nearby parts dealer.

I never felt like my steering was horrible, but I do think it stays in the lane better. I feel like I can still tell that it’s a solid front axle, but that’s expected.

They also flashed an update to give me tire pressure fill assist, which for some reason was never there originally.
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Ok, here we go once again. I have a simple Rock Krawler 3" lift as many here have and for the second time i`m being told that the work cannot be done because of the lift.

Kate from JeepCares just sent this to me:
Hey, RH 67. I was able to locate a case for your concerns and your situation was escalated to a specialty team for assistance, unfortunately, after their review, due to the aftermarket accessories, the TSB is not able to be performed. We do apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused you and recommend staying in touch with your dealer if you have more questions.

Kate
Jeep Cares

By accessories she means the lift. All she did was go over the old files and gave me the same answer as before. Then the slap in the face, she says stay in touch with your dealer, well the dealer is where the issue is as the tech at the dealer does not like working on lifted Jeeps and is lazy. If they would let me i could install the new box myself.

The first go around they could not do the TSB because they did not have the correct bolts i contact JeepCares to hurry up the process and that`s when it went from waiting for bolts to not being able to do the TSB at all.

Bottom line is JeepCares is following a script if they had the means to do anything my truck would have been done months ago.

Also the rules are not the same or equal across the board why some can get the work done and others cannot is not fair.
To clarify this situation, having a lift on your vehicle does not mean that the TSB will not be performed. In some cases with a lift; such as in this case, the bolts provided with the steering gear will not fit with the braces the customer added to the vehicle. That said, we do apologize for the frustration this situation has caused you, RH 67 and if more information on the denial in question is needed, the dealer will truly be in the best position to respond.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Scrubb84

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
To clarify this situation, having a lift on your vehicle does not mean that the TSB will not be performed. In some cases with a lift; such as in this case, the bolts provided with the steering gear will not fit with the braces the customer added to the vehicle. That said, we do apologize for the frustration this situation has caused you, RH 67 and if more information on the denial in question is needed, the dealer will truly be in the best position to respond.

Kate
Jeep Cares
You people (jeepcares & dealerships) make me sick. So someone buys and installs aftermarket parts to try and help the obvious steering box problem, and you deny them warranty work on the very issue they were trying to fix. How do you sleep at night? Seriously?

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
You people (jeepcares & dealerships) make me sick. So someone buys and installs aftermarket parts to try and help the obvious steering box problem, and you deny them warranty work on the very issue they were trying to fix. How do you sleep at night? Seriously?
:ontheloo:

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I've been more or less following along with this thread and it seems to me that @JeepCares has been generally helpful for a number of people whether it's getting parts or working through dealer issues. It seems that these denials, when Jeep Cares is involved, is more of the exception than the rule.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Had the TSB done last week at our local shop. I also didn't think mine was that bad until I got the TSB. Made a big difference. No more constant correction to go in a straight line. Well worth doing.
This was also my experience.

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
i've had this done for months now. took another 3 hour highway drive and DAMN this steering box is awesome on the highway, and SUCKS at slow speed full lock maneuvers.

Anybody else experiencing this? Its not just a cold vehicle thing either. Fully warmed up truck, sometimes its difficult to turn full left or right. The original steering box was light and easy to turn, but wandered.

the new box is definitely better though.

EDIT: i guess full lock movement isn't what i'm experiencing. its more like initial quick movement from stationary. I dunno, i'll have to monitor it more.
Agree with on this. It definitely tracks better, but the old one seemed to have a very consistent resistance when cycling through a full turn from zero to lock, whereas this one seems to be more inconsistent. It’s tighter at first and then gets easier. Perhaps I’ve just been compensating too long and need my muscle memory to forget the old one.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
To be fair to @JeepCares they were ready to intervene with my dealer for denying tsb based on lift. The issue with the denial in this case, i think, was because the modified components would no longer fit the work. What are they supposed to do about that? All the dude had to do was remove his component, right?

My lift is on and my tsb is done. No issues and she drives great

Deleted member 30519

Agree with on this. It definitely tracks better, but the old one seemed to have a very consistent resistance when cycling through a full turn from zero to lock, whereas this one seems to be more inconsistent. It’s tighter at first and then gets easier. Perhaps I’ve just been compensating too long and need my muscle memory to forget the old one.
I was going to post this but you typed the words for me. This is exactly what I've experienced.

Deleted member 30519

How come some people are getting the steering box with the bolts and some aren't? I got my tsb done like 3 weeks ago and everything apparently came in one shipment.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
How come some people are getting the steering box with the bolts and some aren't? I got my tsb done like 3 weeks ago and everything apparently came in one shipment.
The bolts are a separate order item, it is not a kit. I gave JeepCares the part numbers out of the TSB. They had all the parts shipped to the dealer in one package with my name on it.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey, DaveL. If you're still experiencing concerns, we would like to get you back to the dealership. Send us a private message if you'd like assistance.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Thanks Kate. Much appreciated. I shall PM you.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
YES that's probably a better way of explaining it. very odd. could it be cold power steering fluid? if I let the car warm up in the driveway, i don't think that'll warm up the power steering fluid any appreciable amount.

That being said, i NEVER noticed it being difficult to turn the wheel with the old powersteering pump, in similar freezing cold weather......

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
YES that's probably a better way of explaining it. very odd. could it be cold power steering fluid? if I let the car warm up in the driveway, i don't think that'll warm up the power steering fluid any appreciable amount.

That being said, i NEVER noticed it being difficult to turn the wheel with the old powersteering pump, in similar freezing cold weather......
There were posts indicating that the new box may not have been bled correctly. I think it was a matter of turning lock to lock several times to get any air out. Also check the fluid level.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
There were posts indicating that the new box may not have been bled correctly. I think it was a matter of turning lock to lock several times to get any air out. Also check the fluid level.
any idea if you need to go lock to lock with the power steering fill cap open?
Sponsored