Sponsored

robinsonmac

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport
By dead spot do you mean there is play? If so, you can adjust it out in about 15 minutes with an allen wrench. Loosen the nut, tighten allen, tighten nut. It's on top of steering box. Just need to remove the airbox. Plenty of videos on the youtube for "jeep steering box adjustment"
Thanks, I'll try that. Hopefully that takes care of it.
Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

My steering's definitely taken a turn for the worst within the last week since getting the TSB three weeks ago. It seemed like it all started when we started getting hammered with snow in the Hudson Valley. I have a 150 ft gravel driveway leading to the house and after the first storm we got my steering seemed to feel real sloppy when turning it to full lock and when backing up into my spot and ever since then it's like I get lost in the steering at times and I'll think my steering is centered with the Jeep logo but it's really a full turn difference which I never experienced before the tsb. We're required to back up our vehicles at our job parking lot so I was backing up just now and it felt totally different where again my steering wheel seemed to get lost in itself again as I was going through the typical motions . Does that make any sense?

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
Does your dealer make any kind of a note on your service paperwork that you are to get the TSB but parts are backordered?
When I picked mine up after an oil change, I noticed the invoice has the oil change, the tire rotation, a software update (for the stop start misfire) and nothing about the steering TSB.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thanks Kate. Much appreciated. I shall PM you.
Sounds good. I will continue to work with you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Does your dealer make any kind of a note on your service paperwork that you are to get the TSB but parts are backordered?
When I picked mine up after an oil change, I noticed the invoice has the oil change, the tire rotation, a software update (for the stop start misfire) and nothing about the steering TSB.
Mine did.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
any idea if you need to go lock to lock with the power steering fill cap open?
Doubt that it matters. It is just a reservoir to hold the fluid...
Leaving the cap off could get messy.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Taking mine in to have this done on Tuesday! It's been a long wait. Hopeful for the results!

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
here is a link for the JT
I strongly suspect this is a ton of the issue people experience. I appreciate the 'slop' that I have. It isn't irritating at all and keeps me from over steering. It's totally under control without being overly sensitive.

Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I strongly suspect this is a ton of the issue people experience. I appreciate the 'slop' that I have. It isn't irritating at all and keeps me from over steering. It's totally under control without being overly sensitive.
I think the creep making the green mark should be fired. They are obviously "not doing it right"

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Leaving the cap off could get messy.
That's what i was thinking......i haven't deliberately gone lock to lock numerous times, i'll do that then check the level tomorrow.

LAJEEPR

First Name
Jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 JTR is at the dealer right now for the TSB work. Took it in beginning of November, was approved for the TSB work. Waited for parts like everyone else. Last week had it in for an oil change and they let me know the steering parts were in. 3.5 months wait. But then...I also have been sitting on installing an AEV 2.5 lift and a Steersmarts front track bar. The dealer is big AEV shop so I brought the whole kit in when I dropped off for TSB work. They are doing the TSB and then the lift install. Pick it up tomorrow. Going to feel like a very different vehicle.

Glenn671

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You’ll have to complain to get the TSB done. They won’t come out and tell you there’s a TSB. Just say your steering feels sloppy and it pulls, they’ll take it for a test drive and if it does what you say, they should order the parts.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Shit mine goes in next Wednesday! I’ve also been waiting over 4 months for the part.
Sponsored