Jhoude19

Jhoude19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT & 1998 Jeep XJ
Another month down and checked the catch can again today. iv feel like I have been driving a bit more aggressive lately so the amount of oil bypass looks a bit more then previous but I am seeing a pattern here on the amount. I am going to bring this up to my dealer to see what they think.

IMG_0675.jpg
Sponsored

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
Another month down and checked the catch can again today. iv feel like I have been driving a bit more aggressive lately so the amount of oil bypass looks a bit more then previous but I am seeing a pattern here on the amount. I am going to bring this up to my dealer to see what they think.

IMG_0675.jpg
How many miles is 1 month? Honestly that looks pretty normal for a catch can, normally you wouldn't notice it as it would just get blown by and burned or if it was a draft tube it would end up on the road haha. I really wouldn't worry about it. Just oil mixed with some moisture gives you that mocha shake look.

OP
OP
Jhoude19

Jhoude19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT & 1998 Jeep XJ
How many miles is 1 month? Honestly that looks pretty normal for a catch can, normally you wouldn't notice it as it would just get blown by and burned or if it was a draft tube it would end up on the road haha. I really wouldn't worry about it. Just oil mixed with some moisture gives you that mocha shake look.
I run roughly 1500 miles a month. I am not overly worried about it. blow by is normal for every engine. but a catch can just helps prolong the life of the engine.

Shane

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Auto Technician
Hi all I've just ordered my Gladiator but have years of Jeep / Chrysler experience. I've been a master Chrysler tech for over 20 years . In my opinion a catch can in the pcv system isn't necessary but doesn't hurt and I personally run one on my Pentastar and Hemi . Reason being the system on the Pentastar used to scavenge oil from vapor doesn't do a great job we first noticed this when removing plenums and finding them full of oil (it pours out ) also intake runners wet with oil as well as the back side of the intake valves. Lots of oil .also this is on all of them regardless of milage. The system they use on the pentastar is like a centrifuge connected to the back of the left exhaust cam brilliant idea that didn't work. Also a good customer was running one and I was surprised to see the amount of oil we drained at each oil change. That's when I decided to start running one.

orngechevy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2006 LJ
I ran a moroso on my 5.7 charger primarily to keep the tune from backing off. The oil vapor would cause the timing to back off from mild detonation thus losing power. It worked great and the intake still looks new inside after 130,000 miles. I will be repurposing it onto the JT if nothing else to keep the intake clean.

Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
well after 4217 miles ive gone through the catch can 3 full times and well i can say my UPR Catch has done ALOT of work

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Hi all I've just ordered my Gladiator but have years of Jeep / Chrysler experience. I've been a master Chrysler tech for over 20 years . In my opinion a catch can in the pcv system isn't necessary but doesn't hurt and I personally run one on my Pentastar and Hemi . Reason being the system on the Pentastar used to scavenge oil from vapor doesn't do a great job we first noticed this when removing plenums and finding them full of oil (it pours out ) also intake runners wet with oil as well as the back side of the intake valves. Lots of oil .also this is on all of them regardless of milage. The system they use on the pentastar is like a centrifuge connected to the back of the left exhaust cam brilliant idea that didn't work. Also a good customer was running one and I was surprised to see the amount of oil we drained at each oil change. That's when I decided to start running one.
which one

Mike1087

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
instead of starting a new thread ill add here....i installed the Ripp SC oil catch can about 4k miles ago. I liked their kit because of the dip stick. after 4k miles i filled the full 300ml can, was expecting less but oh well, guess thats why i installed it!

Jeep Gladiator Oil Catch Can - is it needed? 20201106_125302

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I need to find one for my woman’s GC 3.6

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I watched this video last week and purchased the catch can off Amazon. Really impressed with the quality of it for $25.

Sponsored

Mike1087

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I watched this video last week and purchased the catch can off Amazon. Really impressed with the quality of it for $25.
damn i wish i bought this one and saved some $$! looks identical to the one i have.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I followed the video above I posted, bought the catch can and 5/8” hose off Amazon. Made a bracket to mount it to the unused stud on the cowl near the brake booster, it take a M6-1.0mm nut, I bought a piece of aluminum stock 3/4” x 1/8” x 36” and four hose clamps. Curious to see what it catches.

Jeep Gladiator Oil Catch Can - is it needed? thumbnail_IMG_2036
Jeep Gladiator Oil Catch Can - is it needed? thumbnail_IMG_2035
Jeep Gladiator Oil Catch Can - is it needed? thumbnail_IMG_2033

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I followed the video above I posted, bought the catch can and 5/8” hose off Amazon. Made a bracket to mount it to the unused stud on the cowl near the brake booster, it take a M6-1.0mm nut, I bought a piece of aluminum stock 3/4” x 1/8” x 36” and four Howe clamps. Curious to see what it catches.

You used good quality hoses, right? Cheap stuff will be swollen and will rot from the oil mist.
Clean looking install.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You used good quality hoses, right? Cheap stuff will be swollen and will rot from the oil mist.
Clean looking install.
Will see, tough to know, I will keep an eye on it, easy enough to change if I see anything happening with the hose I don't like

Dwayne

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Helicopter Pilot
Do Diesel engines have the same issue?
Sponsored