First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Honda Element
Occupation
Librarian
so can the jscan enable the rear view camera to stay on at any speed? and also turn the camera on when the signal indicator is used?
Sponsored

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
There is a setting to turn this on (but not sure how that works) Nothing as far as on during blinker.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
I believe the turn signal cam is a Tazer "Live" function only. You would have to leave the Tazer connected to the Jeep to make that happen.

Gregj

PNWGladiator

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Excuse my ignorance, but I received the cable today and can’t locate where to plug it in. Can someone walk me through and/or show me some pictures of what I plug into the cable on from my JT. Thanks!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know for a FACT, but believe it's these connectors - straight under the steering column, you have to pull the plastic trim off to get to them.

SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF THIS LOCATION IS WRONG!

(I checked and Amazon says the cable is out of stock, so I couldn't get one ordered.)

This is looking up with that trim removed - where I mounted my brake controller box -

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan 12-20200915_111836

This shows the brake pedal area, trim removed, looking forward toward the firewall.

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan 11-20200915_111801

Sponsored

TBuck

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave, 2016 Grand Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
The plugs are not the ones shown in the pic above. They are in an akward position, up behind the OBD port.

Question of my own: Does anyone know where I can find a more in depth explanation of what each function does within the adaptation tab? They say it's intuitive, but I disagree. Some things are obvious, but others have almost no explanation. For example, I'm trying to figure out if I can turn the trail cam on while at full speed. I wish they just had an index that explained each one.

JeepTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The plugs are not the ones shown in the pic above. They are in an akward position, up behind the OBD port.

Question of my own: Does anyone know where I can find a more in depth explanation of what each function does within the adaptation tab? They say it's intuitive, but I disagree. Some things are obvious, but others have almost no explanation. For example, I'm trying to figure out if I can turn the trail cam on while at full speed. I wish they just had an index that explained each one.
If I remember correctly, the plug location depends on if you have an amplifier or not

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Are you able to leave the cable (and OBD widget) connected once you get to the plugs, or does it need to be removed when you are finished programming?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

I was all over the OBD port area of my truck - there weren't any plugs back there that I found while trying for 15 minutes to find the brake controller connection. That was TAPED to the big harness in that area, literally taped to it, not where you'd expect, and not hanging loose. I had to untape it and pull it away from the harness.
Maybe my connections for that bypass cable are the same way - taped to the big harness.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Are you able to leave the cable (and OBD widget) connected once you get to the plugs, or does it need to be removed when you are finished programming?
The other threads say remove - and that makes sense, otherwise someone can go in and bypass your settings. It's a security BYPASS cable - it would not be smart to leave it there.

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Has anyone had any issues with their warranty or the dealer after using the jscan? I know for a fact that some aftermarket programmers can be "seen" by a dealer even after unplugging. The ECM will reset different timing settings and such. Anyway, since this is only allowing what is currently in the system to be toggled on/off has there been issues?

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
Has anyone had any issues with their warranty or the dealer after using the jscan? I know for a fact that some aftermarket programmers can be "seen" by a dealer even after unplugging. The ECM will reset different timing settings and such. Anyway, since this is only allowing what is currently in the system to be toggled on/off has there been issues?
I noticed a code being thrown... something like the security key being missing. I think this is from the cable bypassing the security module. So I would assume the dealer could see this. I’m not sure why this would effect your warranty though unless damage was caused by a hacker...

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
The JScan leaves no trace once unplugged, had this verified by my buddy. We hooked mine and another jeep JL up to his machine, same as a dealer would use, leaves no trace. Some do, like the Superchips I used on my JKU did leave a trace.
Sponsored