Please teach me about jscan

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
I commend y’all for being able to get the plugs out.

sooo happy you don’t buy the vin before you actually get it hooked up.

either I’m too timid about pulling wires out or I just can’t get them to come out.

probably sending back.
First if you have a Sport or Sport s its easier, but the hardest is definitely the Rubicon.

I found its easier if you actually get on your back by the pedals with a flashlight and look up. it also helped to remove the panel beneath the steering wheel. No screws just clips that pop buy gently pulling. Once you are under you should see the two plugs. They have a release that is "up" or away from the pedals. You pinch that plug release while gently pulling it out maybe rocking it side to side and they just come out.

Its not that hard but definitely tighter for the Rubicon.
Sponsored

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
@AzRob

LOL, man card pulled, it’s a Sport.

I guess pulling the panel off may help, it has too. I see both clips and I see the plastic lock pieces, and when I push on them I hear the click put noooo budgy

Thanks for tips and I’ll give it shot tomorrow i

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
First if you have a Sport or Sport s its easier, but the hardest is definitely the Rubicon.

I found its easier if you actually get on your back by the pedals with a flashlight and look up. it also helped to remove the panel beneath the steering wheel. No screws just clips that pop buy gently pulling. Once you are under you should see the two plugs. They have a release that is "up" or away from the pedals. You pinch that plug release while gently pulling it out maybe rocking it side to side and they just come out.

Its not that hard but definitely tighter for the Rubicon.
So that means the Overland is easier than the Rubicon but harder than the Sport? LOL

Still haven't pulled the connections yet - haven't yet found them, may have to move my brake controller out of the way to get to them now.

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan 11-20200915_111801

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So that means the Overland is easier than the Rubicon but harder than the Sport? LOL

Still haven't pulled the connections yet -
Its actually behind the panel to the left ... but pulling the panel under the steering wheel it might help in seeing those plugs and letting in more light. The OBD port is in the bottom left of the picture and the plugs you need are just a few inches above that ... right about where I drew the circle

ALSO... supposedly the Rubicon has a extra CPU right there where I drew the circle and that is why it is tighter and more difficult to pull the plugs then on other models.

LAST... I have Rubicons and a Sport S so those are the ones Ive personally done. I have no knowledge about these supposed.."OTHER MODELS" some of you speak of.

@AzRob

I guess pulling the panel off may help, it has too. I see both clips and I see the plastic lock pieces, and when I push on them I hear the click put noooo budgy

Thanks for tips and I’ll give it shot tomorrow i
If you heard the "click", you almost got it ..... maybe you need to pull harder? Mine were also very tough to get out the first time. I grabbed the bundle of wires from the plug and kept pulling hoping I wouldn't yank any of the wires out of the plug.

Hope this helps!

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan 11-20200915_111801

Last edited:

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gov
@AzRob

yeah... I’m probably too timid with the wires. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I commend y’all for being able to get the plugs out.

sooo happy you don’t buy the vin before you actually get it hooked up.

either I’m too timid about pulling wires out or I just can’t get them to come out.

probably sending back.
Really, mine are super easy to get out. Can have them out and the stuff plugged up in less than a minute. If I'm not mistaken the Tazer uses the same plugs and by pass cable or something similar

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Really, mine are super easy to get out. Can have them out and the stuff plugged up in less than a minute. If I'm not mistaken the Tazer uses the same plugs and by pass cable
Yes, that's the bypass area.
My question - is a person pulling the connectors DOWN to get the wires out?
Then you plug into - what?
I can't lay upside down under there with my back how it is (my wife would say it's my weight)
So I have to simply feel up there until I find it - so knowing what I'm looking for first would be a huge help.
So it's two connections, above the OBD port (which is visible in my photo earlier) behind that left panel.
A person has to slide a latch, then pull...... down?

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gov
good question...I thought you were pushing in on a little clip on the back side. I know when I pushed in I heard and felt it click...but no movement while wiggling and pulling the best I could without me just grabbing the harness and pulling

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, that's the bypass area.
I can't lay upside down under there with my back how it is (my wife would say it's my weight)
So I have to simply feel up there until I find it - so knowing what I'm looking for first would be a huge help.
So it's two connections, above the OBD port (which is visible in my photo earlier) behind that left panel.
A person has to slide a latch, then pull...... down?
If I get a chance tomorrow I'll try to make a video to show you where they are and how to get them out. But to answer your question it's 2 plugs and you push a tab forward on both to get them out and pull down, by forward I mean push them in the direction of the drivers seat and pull down. I can get them out and in by feel now, once you find them and get them out and on once or twice you will see how easy it is.

Sponsored

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went out to the garage and took some pictures.....

Ok this is the best way I can describe it.

Just above the OBD port, are the two plugs. From the bottom of the plastic they are about the length of your fingers up in there. See all the pictures below....

The tab you use to release the plug is on the other side and not visible in the pictures. You will need to release them by feeling around.

Also you can see the wires for the plugs are in a loom.... I pulled on those... Not sure if thats a good idea or not but I did it.

PICTURES TAKEN USING MY SONS SPORT S. (Max Tow... No lift with my 33' Rubicon take offs, no tire rub) because you need to know!

Rubicon pictures available upon request.

Again hope this helps!!! I can take more pictures if anyone needs any more info or angles.

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan IMG_3439

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan IMG_3442

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan IMG_3444

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan IMG_3445

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I went out to the garage and took some pictures.....

Ok this is the best way I can describe it.

Just above the OBD port, are the two plugs. From the bottom of the plastic they are about the length of your fingers up in there. See all the pictures below....

The tab you use to release the plug is on the other side and not visible in the pictures. You will need to release them by feeling around.

Also you can see the wires for the plugs are in a loom.... I pulled on those... Not sure if thats a good idea or not but I did it.

PICTURES TAKEN USING MY SONS SPORT S. (Max Tow... No lift with my 33' Rubicon take offs, no tire rub) because you need to know!

Rubicon pictures available upon request.

Again hope this helps!!! I can take more pictures if anyone needs any more info or angles.

IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg
PERFECT! THANK YOU.
There's enough landmarks in the pics to even compare as I recognize a couple of the screws and brackets and such from my brake controller install.

It's sort of funny, really, when I took pics for my trailer brake controller install, figuring out spacing, trying to find the darned trailer brake controller harness in the truck, I happened to take a shot of those very connections!
Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan 10-20200914_152214

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gov
@AzRob, @Jeeperjamie thanks for your help on this. Once they come out once they are much easier.

now just playing around trying figure out what all I can do and y’all have certainly gave me plenty things to look at.

SEMPER FI

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Does anyone know if JSCan is going to release an update that will allow for turning off the ESS? That's one of the main things I want to adjust besides the speedometer but it seems like the JScan is such a better price point than the Tazer

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if JSCan is going to release an update that will allow for turning off the ESS? That's one of the main things I want to adjust besides the speedometer but it seems like the JScan is such a better price point than the Tazer
They are working on it now. Not sure how much longer before it gets completed.
Sponsored