Sponsored

Portable power source

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
Anyone have experience with jackery or something similar? Im thinking about a portable unit that could run a cheap box fan over night for at least two nights. Of course more capablity the better say adding in charging of a phone or small speaker.
Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I have the Goal Zero 3000. It will run a fan, operate other camp devices and charge electric phones etc for over a week. The 3000 has turned out to big and heavy for camping. Next I will get something like the Jackery 1000 complimented with 100 watt solar panel. Lots of different options out there.

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I have the Jackery 1000. I used it a couple weekends ago for my ICECO fridge / freezer. It was awesome. Used the JT to keep the fridge cool during the day and plugged the fridge in the Jackery during the night. 4 1/2 days doing this and still had 10% power when returned home. Bought it from Home Depot, best price I could find at the time.

Gun Smoke Halo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tricycle
I have spent a small fortune over the years on things like the NOCO charger (absolute junk IMO) and Battery tenders etc. For me I finally just bought a cheap 12v battery and carry it with me. The NOCO is not a cheap unit, the 12v battery lasts 6 times longer running lights and a fan and it's easy to charge up. YMMV. đź‘Ť

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Have had good luck with both my Jackery 240 and 1000. Also have a Geek air 16” fan. On med setting it will move plenty of air and run for 8-9 hours. Just charge it up with the 1000 during the day while I have the solar panel charging the Jackery.

Sponsored

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
I have a Jackery Explorer 240. I can get two 8 hour nights on my CPAP with some left over when camping. While it has an inverter, I use a 12v adapter so it lasts longer.

They make 12v desk fans now that have a usb plug, so you could probably have that going for quite a while and still charge phones.

Like others, I have used quite a few different options, but I have been extremely happy with this setup. The Jackery comes with both a wall and 12v charger so you can charge it multiple ways.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I love my Jackery 500. We’ve used it to power our teardrop fan and charge phones for a couple years now. Since getting a Dometic fridge, I use the 500 to run the fridge all night (Jeep charges fridge and Jackery all day while driving) and now I bought a Jackery 240 to run the fan at night. Getting the 240 was a lot less expensive than adding the Genesis dual battery kit to the JT. No complaints from me! Do yourself a favor and order the Jackery carry bag too. Keeps it safe from getting banged up.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
When I bought, the Eco Flow was really the only one doing proper voltage regulation to accommodate higher wattage electronics. Even the highly anticipated Bluetti was crashing on over wattage items. That may have changed.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I have 2 EcoFlow Rivers; the 288 and the 288w w/ additional battery. The normal one we use in the RTT to power a DC electric blanket, the other one for the fridge & whatever else.

The blanket isn't used all night, just for 30min or so to warm up the sleeping bag and take the bite out of the morning. It uses maybe 7% of the battery.

These are fantastically portable and easy to use. AMZN has dropped the price recently, that's when we picked them up. They go on sale about once a month; I think we got them for $250 instead of the MSRP of $350. Right now there's a $50 coupon, so they're still at the $250 price.

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
We have always had a 2K Honda for our trips but recently grabbed a Jackery 300. I actually didn't even install batteries in our new tiny camper. Just plug it inot the jackery. Used it twice so far and worked well for lights and fan. I also run the 18V Ryobi fan that uses my battery from my power tools. This will run all nigh on low.

Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Haven’t moved to the Jackery yet. I’m using two deep cycle 12V 750 CCA each hooked up in series and it powers me all weekend. The thought of solar and standby power does intrigue me though.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Jackery 240. It works fine. I got it as a return on Amazon Warehouse for roughly $150.

There are better units if you are paying full price. One competitor uses LiFePO2 batteries that have lives in the thousands of cycles rather than the ~500 cycles of the Jackery.

My 240 has 240 watt-hours of energy. So if we figure you only want to use 200 Wh, and you want to run the fan for 6 hours, then you are limited to a roughly 35 watt fan. (35x6 = 210)

You could run the Jackery at nigh to power the fan. Then charge if off the Jeep during the day and run it for a second night.

One other option if you aren't going to be driving the Jeep during the day is a solar panel. Adding a solar panel might be less money than buying a bigger battery pack.

One other option is to just buy a cheap, small car battery. Its going to have much more energy capacity than the Jackery and will run the fan for 2 nights easy. If you get a 120V fan, you will need a cheap inverter. ($25ish) or if you get a 12v fan you won't need anything else.

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I just put a Bluetti AC200 up for sale in the Non JT Parts section
Sponsored