Sponsored

Pulling Right After Tire install

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Looking forward to see if another alignment helps or if I need to start pursuing a stabilizer.
If you just have the Mopar lift with a spacer there is really nothing to align, they cannot adjust caster or camber, they can center the steering wheel but that is a simple thing that does not require any equipment to do. Don't waste your money.
Sponsored

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
If you just have the Mopar lift with a spacer there is really nothing to align, they cannot adjust caster or camber, they can center the steering wheel but that is a simple thing that does not require any equipment to do. Don't waste your money.
So, I was questioning this myself the other night of what's involved with an alignment on our trucks. The only thing we need to adjust is the toe, draglink and adjustable track bar if we have one right? Or am I missing something?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I was questioning this myself the other night of what's involved with an alignment on our trucks. The only thing we need to adjust is the toe, draglink and adjustable track bar if we have one right? Or am I missing something?
IMO, if you have adjustable track bars they can adjust caster, camber cannot be adjusted, toe should not need to be adjusted as most lifts do not touch the tie rod, track bars center the axles but will not make the truck pull to one side or another, the draglink just centers the steering wheel.

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed a Mopar 2” lift w/ 3/4” daystar spacers in the front, kept the factory rubi wheel and tire set up and drove around for a day then had the Jeep dealership do an alignment. At that point everything was golden. The Jeep drove straight and felt just like stock.
I then installed some new wheels and 37’s. Now the Jeep pulls right and I mostly have to keep the steering wheel at 11 o’clock to go straight down the road.
I’ve played around with the air pressure (I’m running 30 psi cold, gets to 35 psi warmed up) and I had discount tire (where I had the wheels and tires installed) cross swap the wheels. Same issue
Most of you guys have more expertise with suspension and tire setups than me so I was hoping to get some thoughts on what my issue might be here and some things I could try to get’r tracking straight again?

75507821-F7A0-44FA-B2E5-2EEF53E33473.jpeg
Are those the rocktrix rims? I was reading something the other day where a guy was having bad vibrations like his wheels were unbalanced but he balanced them twice and then swapped the stock wheels and tires in and had no problems. May be a coincidence or manufacing issue. But I love the wheels! Almost canceled my order for mine when I saw an add.

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMO, if you have adjustable track bars they can adjust caster, camber cannot be adjusted, toe should not need to be adjusted as most lifts do not touch the tie rod, track bars center the axles but will not make the truck pull to one side or another, the draglink just centers the steering wheel.
Do you mean lower control arms to adjust caster? Track bar centers the axle, tie rod adjusts toe, draglink adjust the steering wheel, lower control arms adjust caster. Not a mechanic by any means lol but camber is not applicable with a solid axle suspension right? So in my mind if it's pulling right or left it's due to the toe. Or can it be because the front and rear axles aren't aligned like we are crab walking because we only have an adjustable track bar on the front and not the rear?

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My bad, control arms for caster, upper or lower or both. Cannot adjust camber.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
If you cross swapped the tires and still pulls right, something is off with the toe or another suspension component. Something might not have been tightened and got out of whack.

-or-

The larger tires are exacerbating the vehicles want to turn away from the crown of the road. This can happen with a solid axle vehicle.

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you cross swapped the tires and still pulls right, something is off with the toe or another suspension component. Something might not have been tightened and got out of whack.

-or-

The larger tires are exacerbating the vehicles want to turn away from the crown of the road. This can happen with a solid axle vehicle.
Would it have anything to do with the front and rear axles not being lined up as in the front is centered and the rear is 1/2in off center?

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
My bad, control arms for caster, upper or lower or both. Cannot adjust camber.
I have noticed on the JL/JT's there is an upper bushing the upper ball joint mounts to like the old days........This may allow for adjustment of cross caster and camber. I've been out of the alignment biz for about 18 years, so not up on whats available.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I'll let you know how mine drives after the alignment and this steering stabilizer. Hoping it firms things up a bit, I feel like I'm wandering all over the place coming from a Nissan Titan that I could drive with my pinky lol.
Screenshot_20210208-173125_Chrome.jpg
The beauty of that stablizer is that it won't cause a pull or fix one in this case! This is why I'm holding out on the stablizer till I get it together and drive it before ordering.

I have my STT Pros mounted and ready......see if they pull!

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Would it have anything to do with the front and rear axles not being lined up as in the front is centered and the rear is 1/2in off center?
Thrust angle. That’s entirely possible.

OP
OP
CJtoJTR

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Are those the rocktrix rims? I was reading something the other day where a guy was having bad vibrations like his wheels were unbalanced but he balanced them twice and then swapped the stock wheels and tires in and had no problems. May be a coincidence or manufacing issue. But I love the wheels! Almost canceled my order for mine when I saw an add.
Running Venomrex 501 wheels

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm laughing inside at all the alignment terminology being thrown around by experts on the forums that don't understand much about it!
Hahahaha hey it can't be that hard there is only a limited amount of directions this shit moves, we can harness the power of Google and YouTube of random people in home garages that watched other YouTube videos lol

New Disclaimer: I Am Not A Mechanic
Sponsored