First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
The OP asked a simple question and your replies were both snarky and unhelpful.

Your obviously a skilled driver and expert in wheel placement/technical driving to a degree that renders you immune to rocks and/or occasional mistakes suffered by us mere mortals with a deep need to look "cool".

But for the rest of us neophytes who have full time jobs that do not allow us to hone our driving skills to such an Olympian level, things like skid plates might just be useful to help protect our $40,000+ vehicles that we can afford due to said day job.

As far as selling him a set? I'd have to guess that he's probably not interested since you've done nothing but insinuate that he is a bad driver with vanity issues.
He is our superior in every way. We must bow down to him and acknowledge his greatness.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
The best solution is to not hit obstacles....

I never have replaced any of my diff covers or used skid plates on them.
Hahaha! Not hit obstacles.

Says the guy who's claimed occupation is "4 wheeling"

I'm guessing your idea of 4 wheeling is the mall parking lot? Where the obstacles are parking blocks?

The fact that you use the word "Gucci" to describe Jeep parts makes me think you are very young.

Sponsored

21RG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
4Wheeling
Hahaha! Not hit obstacles.

Says the guy who's claimed occupation is "4 wheeling"

I'm guessing your idea of 4 wheeling is the mall parking lot? Where the obstacles are parking blocks?

The fact that you use the word "Gucci" to describe Jeep parts makes me think you are very young.
Lol. Yes I am very young...

And yes I do come across obstacles, but I don't bash into them requiring me to have massive amounts of armor. If you read my post thoroughly you would have noticed I mentioned "TECHNICAL DRIVING".

Technical driving is another way of saying I don't smash into obstacles so hard that I punch a hole in the diff cover or bash the diff so hard it cracks. Both are very durable.

Let me help you with the Gucci stuff. For every item you buy for your Jeep to "protect" it, take the same amount of weight and place into a rucksack and carry that rucksack with you all day. Add an item, place the same weight into the rucksack with the other weight. Go climb hills and walk long distances. It is the same effect on your vehicle. More weight, even 5lbs here and 30lbs there adds up.

Over my short life, I have learned to drive better, focus my modifications that really matter and keep my vehicle as light as possible.

But I do have a heavily modified vehicle as well. Again, I don't have the differential skid plate or a heave walled diff cover. I haven't destroyed either.

21RG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
4Wheeling
The OP asked a simple question and your replies were both snarky and unhelpful.

Your obviously a skilled driver and expert in wheel placement/technical driving to a degree that renders you immune to rocks and/or occasional mistakes suffered by us mere mortals with a deep need to look "cool".

But for the rest of us neophytes who have full time jobs that do not allow us to hone our driving skills to such an Olympian level, things like skid plates might just be useful to help protect our $40,000+ vehicles that we can afford due to said day job.

As far as selling him a set? I'd have to guess that he's probably not interested since you've done nothing but insinuate that he is a bad driver with vanity issues.

Wow.....

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Ride on, appreciate you getting back to me. I do have a lift on my JT already, since you installed the lift does it clear it now? Might be a non-issue for me.
No Problem with the MC Diff covers with the Clayton 3.5" Overland plus kit using the Clayton track bar. Any small lift should give plenty of clearance - even with the stock track bar.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Don't really want to replace the covers.

What skids do y'all like? Which to avoid?
Make sure its nodular iron and the company making it has made sure the shape keeps the gears bathed.

I like AEV and ARB, went ARB this time.

9F5BA67D-7903-46EF-BBBF-14553CA63DD8.jpeg
F9287E2A-0BD7-45C6-8C50-5AD277DF456A.jpeg

Sponsored

Mikey_89

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The best solution is to not hit obstacles....

I never have replaced any of my diff covers or used skid plates on them.
Some people do more than mall crawl...seriously! Guess we all wish we were expert drivers such as yourself. If you don't have something legit to contribute...go troll another site...maybe a knitting site or something.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LOL, I didn't know Alexandria Occasional Cortex had an account here.

I like the Dana nodular iron covers.

And it's non-rotational unsprung weight which serves as ballast for my big brain, much technical, very skilled.

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Been busy lately, haven't decided on skids for these yet. Saw one I liked with a hole to allow draining.

Anyway, thank you to those with constructive posts.

And another added to my ignore list. Just sad.