Roof leak in back

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
Finally got my truck in to diagnose the issue. They said the rear glass needs to be replaced. Extended warranty won't cover it so looks like it'll go through my insurance. My front windshield also has to be replaced from a rock so will get both done at the same time. Fingers crossed this leak doesn't repeat itself. Dealer quoted me like 2 grand before tax for the rear windshield alone.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Dealer quoted me like 2 grand before tax for the rear windshield alone.
It is so infuriating that this issue isn't covered, warranty be damned. Jeep KNOWS it's a shit part and has probably been leaking since far before warranty end. People don't notice it for awhile.

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
It is so infuriating that this issue isn't covered, warranty be damned. Jeep KNOWS it's a shit part and has probably been leaking since far before warranty end. People don't notice it for awhile.
I'm with you there. It literally broke for no reason on my behalf and it's such a common issue clearly it's a fault from the factory. They should cover it but they do not...

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I'm with you there. It literally broke for no reason on my behalf and it's such a common issue clearly it's a fault from the factory. They should cover it but they do not...
If insurance won't cover it just vacuum hose it. Looks factory and it works.

Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Neat. How does it seal? Link ?
There is a rubber boot on the inside. The window fits on the inside in a tray and clamps at the top. It seals great. The rubber boot is really thick and the glass fits tight up against it. the company sells two surrounds. The one like I have (I got it to match the top) and the transparent frame that looks similar to a full glass like factory.

Apparently the company has been around for over a decade, but they came out with a version for the Gladiator last year. I had only seed a few with it, so I decided to take a chance. Had no idea how it would turn out. Now I'm glad I did.

Here's a link to the website: https://breezerwindows.com/

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
There is a rubber boot on the inside. The window fits on the inside in a tray and clamps at the top. It seals great. The rubber boot is really thick and the glass fits tight up against it. the company sells two surrounds. The one like I have (I got it to match the top) and the transparent frame that looks similar to a full glass like factory.

Apparently the company has been around for over a decade, but they came out with a version for the Gladiator last year. I had only seed a few with it, so I decided to take a chance. Had no idea how it would turn out. Now I'm glad I did.

Here's a link to the website: https://breezerwindows.com/
Did you remove your window or pay a "pro" to do it? Thanks for the link!

Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Did you remove your window or pay a "pro" to do it? Thanks for the link!
Oh heck no! Hahaha! I thought about removing it myself, but I've seen too many horror stories about them broken on removable. I paid a local glass shop here. Even the tech said that most of the time they get broken. He told me beforehand that he can't guarantee that it won't get broken. But they got it out with no issues.

You're welcome! It's not for everybody and I took a chance not knowing the outcome. But taking a chance worked this time. Lol

Jimko71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Had my rear glass replaced last week. Dealer told me there is a new part number for the back window. When I picked it up the rear glass is different than the orginal. Note the rubber seal around the glass that wasn’t there before. Dealer has a glass company do the install. So they weren’t sure if the rubber seal came with the new window or glass company added it. Happy to report that I have no leaks and it was replaced with no damage to my top.

Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back 3
So had mine replaced today. Glass company used the same seal as yours. All looks good except they destroyed the inside rear trim above the top of the window. Broke a bunch of the clips so the dealer is ordering a new one for me. They also bent the two window brackets down instead of up so they have to address that.

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
So had mine replaced today. Glass company used the same seal as yours. All looks good except they destroyed the inside rear trim above the top of the window. Broke a bunch of the clips so the dealer is ordering a new one for me. They also bent the two window brackets down instead of up so they have to address that.
I think the additional seal will help given the poor design of the rear window. Took my JT through an automatic car wash to confirm no leaks. Happy to report all is good.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Finally got my truck in to diagnose the issue. They said the rear glass needs to be replaced. Extended warranty won't cover it so looks like it'll go through my insurance. My front windshield also has to be replaced from a rock so will get both done at the same time. Fingers crossed this leak doesn't repeat itself. Dealer quoted me like 2 grand before tax for the rear windshield alone.
What is their justification of this being not covered under warranty? seems like a bunch of jeep owners should be getting a lawsuit going seeing as how it is a very common issue
Sponsored