Roof leak in back

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE-Billet, 21 F150 Tremor, 98 Jeep XJ, 68 Bronco
Found this issue as well, been waiting for the window to come in since February. Was hoping it was going to be here by now, as it looks like it is starting to discolor the plastic. Just going to weatherstrip it for now at this point, I don't need any more damage to the Jeep/contents.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I can say I had an acceptable repair. It took three trips.
1. To diagnose
2. They tried the sealant fix, did not work so they ordered the window.
3. Went in for install. They told me there was a significant amount of adhesive missing.

I Received my Gladiator back from Sam Leman in Morton, IL and it no longer leaks and the top looks like it did when I bought it. I was put in a rental car for every visit and the staff was great. I checked the back seats for water and glass and there was nothing to be found.

It looks as if the issue can be solved successfully, my guess is the dealer has been instructed to take steps to solve the issue and you need to work with them.

Side note, the wind noise I have been chasing for 8 months is gone!!!

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Sting Gray/Toyota 4Runner Limited Pearl White
Well - almost 5 months later and I finally have my new hardtop with a NON-LEAKING window. Good luck to everyone else dealing with these issues and be sure to be THOROUGH when picking it up upon completion.
did the dealer order a new hardtop entirely or just a rear glass replacement?

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I brought in my 2020 Gladiator for service and to check the leak in my back glass window. My dealer, Ramsey Jeep in NJ, advised me they couldn’t replicate the issue but ran a search and found an existing known issue. They did the fix suggested, told me it was ready to and not leaking anymore. I get there at 5PM, put my son in his car seat and the leak is clearly still there as they ran the truck through the car wash and it’s dripping on the inside. I have them the benefit of the doubt and it could have been an oversight, so I got my service manager. He now saw this with his own eyes and asked me to leave it overnight and they would fix it in the morning. I asked for a loaner and he said he was booked for 2 weeks. So I called my wife for a pickup. Next day, I have to call them around 1 because I hear nothing back from them all morning. They call me back around 4 tell me the truck is now fixed, they ran a 20 minute water test and it’s fixed. I take it home, 4 days later, today I wash it with a regular hose, it’s now leaking in 2 spots and not 1. Will be calling the dealer tomorrow but this seems careless to me and I don’t understand how this could be leaking from an additional place now, after it was “fixed”. Any suggestions for how to proceed with this would be extremely helpful as I would prefer my Jeep and myself to not spend more time at the dealer than I need to.

F396AB33-1D23-499E-94EE-9B3F60815EA3.jpeg

DFC62198-8AC9-4182-B67B-F7417F3326E0.jpeg

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I brought in my 2020 Gladiator for service and to check the leak in my back glass window. My dealer, Ramsey Jeep in NJ, advised me they couldn’t replicate the issue but ran a search and found an existing known issue. They did the fix suggested, told me it was ready to and not leaking anymore. I get there at 5PM, put my son in his car seat and the leak is clearly still there as they ran the truck through the car wash and it’s dripping on the inside. I have them the benefit of the doubt and it could have been an oversight, so I got my service manager. He now saw this with his own eyes and asked me to leave it overnight and they would fix it in the morning. I asked for a loaner and he said he was booked for 2 weeks. So I called my wife for a pickup. Next day, I have to call them around 1 because I hear nothing back from them all morning. They call me back around 4 tell me the truck is now fixed, they ran a 20 minute water test and it’s fixed. I take it home, 4 days later, today I wash it with a regular hose, it’s now leaking in 2 spots and not 1. Will be calling the dealer tomorrow but this seems careless to me and I don’t understand how this could be leaking from an additional place now, after it was “fixed”. Any suggestions for how to proceed with this would be extremely helpful as I would prefer my Jeep and myself to not spend more time at the dealer than I need to.

Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back DFC62198-8AC9-4182-B67B-F7417F3326E0

Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back DFC62198-8AC9-4182-B67B-F7417F3326E0
I suggest finding another dealership to work this. One that is farther away from North Jersey and NYC area the better.

Something tells me that dealer is probably flush with paid customer work and warranty work is not high on their list to get to.

Sponsored

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
Run far far away from that dealer

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Run far far away from that dealer
The dealer got back to me to schedule an appointment for a loaner car but have yet to hear back from the actual service manager and obviously the woman scheduling the appointment never heard of this issue before. @JeepCares, can you help at all with this process?

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
I've been silent on this but add me to the list. Noticed first in a touchless car wash and then a big rain.

Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back 1621900956274

Took to the dealer and diagnosed with a crack in the window seal. Replacement glass approved and installed for a few weeks now.

More importantly 2 washes and 1 rain event and no leaks..

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
The dealer got back to me to schedule an appointment for a loaner car but have yet to hear back from the actual service manager and obviously the woman scheduling the appointment never heard of this issue before. @JeepCares, can you help at all with this process?
Sure can! I see your private message now and will continue working with you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares

GB3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Yep, same thing happened to me. Took it in to the dealer before factory warranty ran out and they replaced the entire glass piece at no cost to me.

Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a leak at the rear window but only when washing the vehicle, and with the horror stories of top damage not sure if it is worth the risk. I believe Jeep uses a friction seal on the glass for flexibility when removing the top and wonder if this may cause a leak if direct spray hits the glass. I also notice a drip tray at the bottom of the window and just wonder if this is for leakage that may occur from the seal and if so why is Jeep approving dealers replacing the windows for leaks unless they are exceptionally large leaks?

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
I have yet to see a 2021 owner post about this leak. Wondering if the micro cracks occurred over time in the seal and we’ll start to see 2021s leak? I check my 21 all the time and no water leak yet. I do however have the rear passenger axle leak though.....🙁

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have yet to see a 2021 owner post about this leak. Wondering if the micro cracks occurred over time in the seal and we’ll start to see 2021s leak? I check my 21 all the time and no water leak yet. I do however have the rear passenger axle leak though.....🙁
Mine didn’t happen until after more than a year of ownership. Not sure if that means it slowly occurs over time or if it was just a 2020 issue.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Same here, I have a 2021 ... every time it rains or gets washed I check back there for a leak ... from your post and others I've read recently, random axle checks will now be included as well..