So, what is everybody towing?

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Just did a trip from Austin to multiple places in NM and CO. Went over so many over 10K passes that I lost count. Did Eisenhower, Leadville and Cottonwood passes in just 2 hours.
Awesome! What speed were you able to maintain over these passes? Any trouble braking on the way down?
Sponsored

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Awesome! What speed were you able to maintain over these passes? Any trouble braking on the way down?
At a couple of points I was in 3th gear and around 45mph max. A bit of a struggle. 50 more # of torque would of been nice.
Braking is amazing on this truck plus had trailer brakes. No issues there.

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Anyone got a NoBo, preferably a 19.6 or 19.3 that can give me a measurement from the top of the tongue to the ground when it is sitting level? I have a 19.6 on the way and looking for the tongue height measurement so I can roughly set up my hitch. Thanks!

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
Finally got a pic worth sharing, towing a Winnebago Drop 1780. Does great, especially compared to my '05 Grand Cherokee w/6" lift. We took a trip to the Great Sand Dunes last weekend and it handled the hills and wind with no problems. I do have a brake controller and Andersen WD hitch so that helps, but compared to the GC with the same setup it's a very noticeable improvement in towing.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 20200701_155453

Sponsored

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
Nice! What’s the weight of that JD and trailer?

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Moving (in town) to my fiance's house. Last of the lead and a bunch of furniture going into storage. So handy to be able to borrow a trailer from work.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? IMG_20200717_165103

Friday night at my new house.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? IMG_20200718_100304

Yeah, lots of this loading it down in the front "for stability":
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? IMG_20200718_103523

HoustonGobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just did a trip from Austin to multiple places in NM and CO. Went over so many over 10K passes that I lost count. Did Eisenhower, Leadville and Cottonwood passes in just 2 hours.
Head wind both ways . Over 2K miles. Took it off road on Alpine loop and Carson city (did excellent, Tacoma tore off their footsteps on both sides). Towed around 5K pound toy hauler the whole 12 day trip.

Did burn up alot of my oil life meter. Changed the oil right before the trip.

Max tow with Rubicon lift, wheels, tires.
20200628_143142.jpg
Was your setup too short to separate out on 3 different pads? I would be curious to see what your actual axle weights were. I just ran across the scales last week without a trailer and weighed in at 6600 lbs. (2880 steer 3720 drive). Drove it from New Mexico to SE Texas with a strong cross wind the entire way and I was not a fan of how it drove.

Last edited:

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
I just weighed my truck and camper last week and my rig was too short to span the three scales, also I had to exit the cab to reach the button to talk to the attendant..

Sponsored

azeeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Nice! What’s the weight of that JD and trailer?
I don’t know for sure, but I’m guessing around 6000.

Trailer is an aluminum 10k equipment trailer that weighs 1800lbs.
The tractor is a JD 2032r. I’m guessing the tractor with loader, mower deck, and tiller is at least 4000lbs.

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Was your setup too short to separate out on 3 different pads? I would be curios to see what your actual axle weights were. I just ran across the scales last week without a trailer and weighed in at 6600 lbs. (2880 steer 3720 drive). Drove it from New Mexico to SE Texas with a strong cross wind the entire way and it was not a fan of how it drove.
Yes, Jeep fit on the first one. Toy hauler on the second.

bjohnsonmn

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
What I found on my search for the perfect trailer for us, was that you typically add 1000lb to the dry weight to account for gear,water clothes etc.
WTH is absolutely necessary in my opinion. I found a lot of nice light trailers in the 4000lb. Weight area.
Slides typically weigh about 1klb each. So look at trailers with only one or no slides.
Also, determine how many people are going to be sleeping in it regularly.
If you don't need a bunkhouse, there are a lot of open floorplan models that he Ave pull out couches, dinettes that drop to beds and Murphy beds for your master bedroom.
I have a Rubicon, and my trailer weighs just under 5k lb.
I tow it all of the time. The gladiator pulls it awesome.
Good luck!
Are you lifted at all and what do you end up weighing with your gear in the bed of the truck + tongue weight?

bjohnsonmn

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Just towed my 4,700 lb 25’ Flagstaff with my Rubicon on 2.5” EVO lift and 35” Nitto Trail Grapplers through the Shenandoah mountains. Was my first tow since the lift. Towed great. Super stable and got 10-11 mpg. Overall I am happy with towing capability.

What is the empty tongue weight on that and what would you figure your cab side cargo+people were?

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
What is the empty tongue weight on that and what would you figure your cab side cargo+people were?
Tongue weight is listed as 609lb. With the family and bikes and other stuff I would say I have maybe 750lb in the truck and add another 500lb in misc hear.
Sponsored