Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Had to drop mine off at the dealer Friday. Getting codes P00B and P0016. No clue what to expect, this seemed to be the first my dealer has heard about it.

4045 miles currently, Installed a Hamburger Supercharger at 3500 miles or so. No clue if there is any relation. Had no lights or issues prior to the install.

20200626_153531.jpg

20200627_103310.jpg
Sponsored

Papa Yeti

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Coachman Mirada
Occupation
Retired
2020,..... 940 miles code P0300. Reset. 970 Miles check engine light back on. I hope this gets resolved soon as we are hitting the road as full time RVers.

OneBadHombre

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave being built...
Occupation
Medical Devices
2020,..... 940 miles code P0300. Reset. 970 Miles check engine light back on. I hope this gets resolved soon as we are hitting the road as full time RVers.
Whatā€™s the build date?

Cman1525

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Occupation
Fireman
Iā€™m gonna guess late fall last year... maybe October-ish.
Iā€™ve been following this thread as I am expecting my first Jeep JTR any day now. Iā€™m a little worried that I could fall into this scenario. Are there many on here that ordered a Gladiator or did most of you buy off the lots? This latest post made me wonder any chance any of these issues are stemming from the amount of time these trucks have sat on the lots? 6months plus Iā€™ve seen people say build dates from purchase date. Iā€™m handy but havenā€™t gotten a ton of experience working on vehicles yet...is this something that could play a factor in the misfires? This pandemic & FCA seemingly only putting out fully loaded max price point Gladiators has extended lot times on these trucks...just a thought.

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Iā€™ve been following this thread as I am expecting my first Jeep JTR any day now. Iā€™m a little worried that I could fall into this scenario. Are there many on here that ordered a Gladiator or did most of you buy off the lots? This latest post made me wonder any chance any of these issues are stemming from the amount of time these trucks have sat on the lots? 6months plus Iā€™ve seen people say build dates from purchase date. Iā€™m handy but havenā€™t gotten a ton of experience working on vehicles yet...is this something that could play a factor in the misfires? This pandemic & FCA seemingly only putting out fully loaded max price point Gladiators has extended lot times on these trucks...just a thought.
I special ordered mine. There was no "downtime" and I drive it daily.

Even if it was something from sitting for extended periods of time.....lets be real. There are cars that sit on lots for 18 months and never have an issue.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Minnie2011. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Iā€™m skeptical of a software fix - in fact, Iā€™m concerned about it. There are thousands of Gladiators out there running the exact same software with no issues, apparently. My concern then comes if this is a means of ā€œturning off the light.ā€ Is something set to be too sensitive? Since some of these issues get worse over time, or if occasional misfires are slowly causing problems - Iā€™d expect a serious increase in the warranty on the engine, like 300,000 miles increase. As Iā€™m still waiting to hear from @JeepCares three days after I contacted them, despite being told I would be called within 24 hours, I am worried they are hiding behind this theoretical ā€œfix.ā€
Hi @Gameshow
We were able to respond to your private message - thank you for your patience. Please continue to work with us there in order to avoid any missed communication.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Awe shucks, missed it by one month. This seems to be somewhat of a trend. Ironically, I don't even know my build date, because my JT is still in the shop so I can't get to it.

Happy Independence Week, everyone!

Sponsored

JayHop

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Creative Director
Iā€™m one of the unlucky few whoā€™s had these 0300 multi-cylinder misfire codes pop up three times now. Was wondering if anybody else out there was getting horrible gas mileage during the time when you got the code. Mine was 14.4 mpg, on a good day.

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Iā€™m one of the unlucky few whoā€™s had these 0300 multi-cylinder misfire codes pop up three times now. Was wondering if anybody else out there was getting horrible gas mileage during the time when you got the code. Mine was 14.4 mpg, on a good day.
Hey @JayHop. Yes, my mileage numbers were between 13.6 and 14.6 consistently since I've been having this issue. I really just thought of the ESS dropping offline and misfire codes as more of a nuisance until I started researching and found it to be more ominous. The MPG was one of the things that caught my attention. Coming from a 2010 Wrangler, where 13.5 or so was commonplace, I guess I didn't really notice the lower mileage. Then, I looked at my window sticker and realized I should have been seeing a good bit higher.

JayHop

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Creative Director
Hey @JayHop. Yes, my mileage numbers were between 13.6 and 14.6 consistently since I've been having this issue. I really just thought of the ESS dropping offline and misfire codes as more of a nuisance until I started researching and found it to be more ominous. The MPG was one of the things that caught my attention. Coming from a 2010 Wrangler, where 13.5 or so was commonplace, I guess I didn't really notice the lower mileage. Then, I looked at my window sticker and realized I should have been seeing a good bit higher.
I bought mine with 275 miles on it from the dealership, and it has never gotten more than 14.6, even when I drove it 85 miles home on the highway. I suspect it came off the line with a defect.

Jay17

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Green Overland
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Build Date: 10/19
Mileage @ first occurence: 1184
Times Occurred: 2
Codes Thrown: P0300
Ongoing Issue? Yes
Methods Tried to Fix: None yet. First dealer appointment this Saturday 6/27
Was issue resolved? Not yet
UPDATE:
CEL with P0300 code and Auto Stop/Start unavailable light were on when dropped off at my dealer 6/27 morning.
When the mechanic turned the truck back on to pull it into the shop, as expected, the auto stop/start light did not come back on, so they were not able to diagnose that issue. The performed a GR8 charge test on both batteries and they checked ok.
Also, while backing into the shop, the reverse camera went out and there was a B229900 code for rear camera module fault. They said they've had to replace several backup cameras and went ahead and ordered one to replace mine.
As for the P0300 CEL, they were monitoring the engine and said they witnessed no misfires at all and as far as they could tell, there was no evidence of actual misfiring. I'm not sure what they looked at, and it doesn't say on my order everything they checked. I definitely don't think they took anything apart, but did everything "diagnostically". They cleared the CEL and scheduled me to drop it off so they can replace the backup camera and so that they could monitor it first thing in the morning during a cold start in an effort to diagnose the auto stop/start issue.
But, wouldn't you know it, Sunday 6/28 and Monday 6/29 mornings the auto stop/start light did not come on after doing it consistently for weeks.
In my opinion, i think the CEL and auto stop/start will come back. When it does, i will update again.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Had to drop mine off at the dealer Friday. Getting codes P00B and P0016. No clue what to expect, this seemed to be the first my dealer has heard about it.

4045 miles currently, Installed a Hamburger Supercharger at 3500 miles or so. No clue if there is any relation. Had no lights or issues prior to the install.

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 20200627_103310

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 20200627_103310
Hi Skyler,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have responded to your private message - please continue to work with us there in order to avoid missed communication.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored