Sponsored

What brand oil filter do you use on your Gladiator?

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Wix filter and Redline 5w30 euro.
Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I just did "THE FIRST OIL CHANGE" on my Gladiator. I went with...

MOPAR
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ED2I8KK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4KQR8U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also installed one of these. I plan on shorter intervals and this will make the process clean and fast.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Z9GQCB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I use Amsoil. My first oil change for engine, diff and transfer case was at 1000k (621 miles). Had an extremely bad experience with my last vehicle (2017 Tacoma) so this time, if I was going to seriously UPGRADE my vehicle and go with Jeep, I was going to have more of a “hands on” experience with it and take care of it myself. Took the first oil samples to the lab and a “trace of glycol” was found in the good ol’ factory MOPAR oil. Thanks guys for your QC efforts. Contamination at the factory isn’t a new concept but now that I’ve just done my 10k oil change, I’ve got a sample to go to the lab on Monday. If no glycol is found this time, then the build factory is using contaminated MOPAR oil. If it is found in the sample, then we have an internal engine problem. We shall see. Lab results don’t lie and it’s also proof I did my own maintenance.

Sponsored

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Mopar Filter and Mobil 1 0w20 Extended performance from Walmart. Mobil runs mail in rebates yearly and I always score the oil for under $12 per 5 quart jug.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
On my Wrangler and now my Gladiator I've been using the Mopar filter. I found 3-packs on Amazon for $17 and they are also available at Walmart. That said I would not have a problem using any name brand filter.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Whats the diff between Platinum and Ultra Platinum, other than one being ultra ;)
Pennzoil does not really differentiate the two with hard data other than use marketing terms of like "Extended Performance" and "Race Proven" with the Ultra Platinum. Seems to be marketed more towards the Auto Sport vehicle scene. What those exact extra margins are by going with Ultra Platinum instead of the regular Platinum, who the hell knows?

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I get 3 free oil changes with the Jeep Wave program. I also saw that my dealership is offering 3 oil fills for $100 so I may opt into that as well. If I don't, then I'll probably use some synthetic with a Fram filter. Funny thing about Fram is, they don't update their information for consumers very well, I was in Walmart the other day looking for oil filters and air filters and the Fram lookup computer didn't have the Gladiator in it.

My dad always used Fram, so that's why I typically come back around to that brand.

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
I only use the best oil filters, and only the best oil ever made. I also changed the oil at 50 miles, 100 miles, 500 miles, then every 2000 miles. Gotta get that break in oil out ASAP before all the metal flakes shred the engine up. Got to make sure this engine last for the next 2 years before I trade it in..........

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
I only use the best oil filters, and only the best oil ever made. I also changed the oil at 50 miles, 100 miles, 500 miles, then every 2000 miles. Gotta get that break in oil out ASAP before all the metal flakes shred the engine up. Got to make sure this engine last for the next 2 years before I trade it in..........
YOU WENT 50 MILES "BEFORE" CHANGING OIL???????? The HORROR..............................

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
I use Amsoil. My first oil change for engine, diff and transfer case was at 1000k (621 miles). Had an extremely bad experience with my last vehicle (2017 Tacoma) so this time, if I was going to seriously UPGRADE my vehicle and go with Jeep, I was going to have more of a “hands on” experience with it and take care of it myself. Took the first oil samples to the lab and a “trace of glycol” was found in the good ol’ factory MOPAR oil. Thanks guys for your QC efforts. Contamination at the factory isn’t a new concept but now that I’ve just done my 10k oil change, I’ve got a sample to go to the lab on Monday. If no glycol is found this time, then the build factory is using contaminated MOPAR oil. If it is found in the sample, then we have an internal engine problem. We shall see. Lab results don’t lie and it’s also proof I did my own maintenance.
And drumroll...... the results?
Sponsored