Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Went to 3B Offroad Park in Eureka Springs, AR over the weekend. It was a pretty cool place but could have used better trail signs. The map app that it referred to didn't work either. Overall it was a lot of fun and gave me a chance to actually test my truck a little bit without being too concerned I was going to roll off down the side of a mountain. We played quite a bit on the obstacle course and then did some easy/moderate trails. The moderate trails were a bit much for my wife and kids so I didn't get to explore those for long. We were able to find the cave!!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? IMG_4102

Looks like loads of fun.
Also looks like you need to rotate your tires more often.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Used mine to haul a set of wheels over to my buddy's shop. Then proceeded to swap tires from the old wheels to the new wheels. Then we installed them on the Jeep.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 20230102_163724

Forgot to mention they were going on my son's Jeep.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What did I do with........ well, went shopping with it.
My wife is so used to me driving my truck when we go out or shopping she automatically opened the door in front of my truck as we were ready to leave the house and then we walked out to the garage and remembered the blade - hesitated, and then asked me if it was ok.....
Yeah, no problem. I wouldn't mind a bit of a drive with the snow plow on and the weight in the back anyway. I'd only driven it around our place with the plow on front.
Good in case one of the Iowa deer comes out to greet you too.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Good in case one of the Iowa deer comes out to greet you too.
We've seen our share of 'em laying in the ditches and along the roadways in recent weeks. Doesn't help they've been flushed out and put on the run in recent weeks.............
I have wondered what would happen but it's a test I just don't want to make.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I'm not following you on the tire rotation? They've got ~20k miles on them and I've rotated them 4 times...they're holding up great.
Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but it looks like the front tires are wearing unevenly.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but it looks like the front tires are wearing unevenly.
Ahhh...I see what you mean. It does kind of look like that but it's just the pic. These tires have been great for a budget brand. I had one go out of round after ~10k miles. I had a local shop "true" it and haven't had any issues since.

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 323885717_1631218817336555_960623682068962128_n
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 323862452_680275390466465_7436112201433025265_n

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Just got home from the annual Sacramento to San Diego and back last Christmas with family. ;
Rained like crazy and made me regret getting the roll-n-lock as a bed cover. Short review below:

Security - 4/5
Ease of Use - 4/5
Dryness - 3.5/5 (if you never open it)
Dryness (revised) - 1/5; any amount of water on the top gets transferred to the underside once it is rolled open and closed again. Makes for very damp Christmas presents if they were the last thing that was packed into the bed. I should have been able to catch this obvious physics lesson in hydrodynamics if I had just looked a little harder at the design. I should have really gone with the Diamond Back like I was originally thinking.

I can only recommend this if you live in a dry climate or only are worried about security and quick open bed.