Sponsored

What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done?

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Top end engine rebuild on my 4.7L WJ (needed new head gaskets)

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Still early in the MOD game, but I have to say the install of the M.O.R.E. dead pedal kicked my ass. The bolt plate was a pain until I used the tape trick to hold it in place. The rear nut also caused claw like cramps. Now I wish I had spent a little more time trying different positions since I feel like I need to move it forward one notch.
Exactly the same for me. You have to be a contortionist to get in there and its super difficult. Luckily my wife agreed to do most of the work :)

But yeah, I'd like it one click forward, but I know I'm never getting her to do it again.

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I'm pretty sure that's the OEM steel Rubicon bumper with the plastic part that covers the crush cans removed.
Yep, removed the plastics, and the crush cans, replaced those with the shackle mounts. Painted with a textured paint that closely matches the hard top.

I love how versatile the steel bumper is. Mine is technically a JK bumper off a Hard Rock, but same thing. I got it with damaged crush can covers, and the winch plate for $250ish.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Honestly…anything electrical. I’m super picky about hiding and running wires cleanly and safely. Finding good routes, and places to zip tie, can be tricky - especially near the exhaust or moving/rotating parts like steering shaft or front axles. Leaving slack for the front e-locker was also something I’m glad I factored in.

Also, getting everything nicely tucked into the VOSWITCH box (I have the 8 switch model, and used up all) was tedious, but all worth it in the end.

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Pulling out those security gateway bypass connectors my first time using jscan! Lol. Took me a long time the first time doing it and my fingers hurt!

I’ve done suspension installs, electrical work, and a lot of stuff on my JT. That was by far the most annoying thing lol.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
Tailgate conversion on a 2017 JK. Kept oem tailgate, made it work like a truck, oem locks and latches still worked. Such a pita getting everything lined up and square.
Jeep Gladiator What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done? 20200311_185453
Jeep Gladiator What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done? 20200311_185437

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Probably putting an Aussie locker in my first JK. Had to make several trips to the hardware store for tools and then called around till I found someone with a bench vise I could use to take the diff apart.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
After 2 decades of rebuilding gas turbines and steam turbines. Nothing is hard. Just time consuming. You think and plan the amount of time you THINK it will take. Triple that time. One broken bolt can turn a 2 hour job into a 2 day nightmare.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Man, that’s easy. I rebuilt the engine/transmission in a M151A2 that I owned a while back. It all comes out in 1 piece and goes back in one piece. After getting it all lined up straight, bolted in and drive shafts installed the final step was installing the shift tower and cover. YES, OF COURSE I DROPPED A SOCKET DOWN INTO THE TRANSMISSION. All the way down to the bottom it dropped. Yep, pull it all back out and tear the transmission apart again. 🤬

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Pulling out those security gateway bypass connectors my first time using jscan! Lol. Took me a long time the first time doing it and my fingers hurt!

I’ve done suspension installs, electrical work, and a lot of stuff on my JT. That was by far the most annoying thing lol.
This for real! Certain models have a steel plate that blocks access even more. I’d challenge ANYONE with hands bigger than a 9 year old to do it in less than 20 minutes.
Its the reason I spent the extra cash on the extension cable so I’d never have to go through that again.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Front speakers, lower dash. Replacing the factory with 6.5" components. Crossovers are behind the seats, they would not fit in the dash, they are quite large though.
Sponsored