Sponsored

Which Lift Kit to Pick From

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
I went clayton. they are awesome guys. You'll be happy i went 3.5 overland. Install is straight forward, just make sure you have an installer that is used to adjustable control arms. The instructions provided are good but the measurements are just starting points. You have to tweak. The same goes for other lifts with adjustable control arms

Can I ask what that cost to have installed? I'm debating on if I feel like doing it myself because of all the variable length pieces.
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Can I ask what that cost to have installed? I'm debating on if I feel like doing it myself because of all the variable length pieces.
Cant speak for @Geekjeep but I am spending an even thousand in Labor to have the Clayton kit installed including shocks, JKS Quick Disconnects & the Synergy Sector Shaft Bracket. That of course includes alignment. I was quoted less for installation on similar lift's from 4wheelparts, but I didnt like the big box store mojo so I went with a small 1 lift local place with a very good rep.

colindo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland
A little late to the conversation here but I'll happily recommend Clayton. I too was happy with the technical service over the phone and the patience they showed with my many questions. I had helped friends with spacer lifts on their Jeeps/trucks in the past but this was my first go at a full kit install and so far so good after I had local shop do alignment and dealership check it over. The recommended lengths worked just fine on my setup. I will say that it did take us almost 12 hours to complete the install. That included lunch and dinner but it is alot of minor tweaks and adjustments to get everything to fit right.

Only a small bit of off roading around the Houston area but have been more than pleased with how it has performed on and off road now that it has broken in a bit.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Price in our area which is expensive is $850-$1100 depending on shop. That includes alignment. Lifts aren’t that hard and they usually do a ton. All adjustable size are the same concept.
Reason I don’t do any of it myself anymore is it beats me up to much and I end up paying $150 for an alignment anyway. So real payment is $700-$1000. If your alone and it’s your first time I’d say take it to a good shop.

Manofsteal

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
ER RN
Nah I didn't do a pre measurement but I am really suprised on how high it sits now. It's little higher than I expected since my true 35s are looking a bit small now.
hmmmm, I’m a little worried about that myself! Kinda why I’m hesitant between a 2.5 or a 3.5 lift. My 35’s look sick as hell right now with no lift. I’m trying to avoid making my setup look small.

Sponsored

Romenator

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Lanch Addition
Occupation
CPA
I’m having my life installed today. Went with 2 1/2 lift and have 35 on them. I will upload photos next week after the lift is done. Sending a $1,000 as well. Very technical so I am leaving it up to the professionals. Thinking of getting 37’s now.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I’m having my life installed today. Went with 2 1/2 lift and have 35 on them. I will upload photos next week after the lift is done. Sending a $1,000 as well. Very technical so I am leaving it up to the professionals. Thinking of getting 37’s now.
You’re Life lol. I really will bring you life

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just evolved my lift from a level kit to a Franken lift. Lol mostly Rockkrawler 3” front and rear springs & rear RK track bar bracket & adjustable track bar , JKS front lower control arms, RK rear lower control arms & Clayton rear upper control arms, evo bump stops, RK rear sway links, JKS front discos, EVO rear brake lines, Yetti front track bar , synergy Drag-link , synergy track bar brace, RPM aluminum tie-rod, Tom Woods rear driveshaft, King shocks. A unbelievable ride . Way better than stock. So there is a lot of good lifts out there that will fit the bill. I had Metalcloak on my JK and it was great but made for a lot of extra weight & rode firm. I have a lot of guys around here going RK so I went that direction. So this lift has the built in rake and when i hooked up my 5000# camper it did not sag it sits level before i even put on weight distribution rods on.

1A811F52-81BD-47B0-9945-227B82BDE4FF.jpeg

Manofsteal

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
ER RN
I just evolved my lift from a level kit to a Franken lift. Lol mostly Rockkrawler 3” front and rear springs & rear RK track bar bracket & adjustable track bar , JKS front lower control arms, RK rear lower control arms & Clayton rear upper control arms, evo bump stops, RK rear sway links, JKS front discos, EVO rear brake lines, Yetti front track bar , synergy Drag-link , synergy track bar brace, RPM aluminum tie-rod, Tom Woods rear driveshaft, King shocks. A unbelievable ride . Way better than stock. So there is a lot of good lifts out there that will fit the bill. I had Metalcloak on my JK and it was great but made for a lot of extra weight & rode firm. I have a lot of guys around here going RK so I went that direction. So this lift has the built in rake and when i hooked up my 5000# camper it did not sag it sits level before i even put on weight distribution rods on.

Jeep Gladiator Which Lift Kit to Pick From 1A811F52-81BD-47B0-9945-227B82BDE4FF
Looks pretty dope!!! I'm sure a lot $$$ as well! I need to find a way to piece one together but in steps. I would like to start at a 3.5 in lift, would consider 2.5. I need to start bare minimum tho. I definitely want to go with shock and springs and front adjustable track bar. Then eventually get adjustable front lower adjustable control arms then uppers. I actually considered going RC and add the lower control arms (non RC). Any thoughts on that? Or any other recommendations that would be affordable to start with?

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks pretty dope!!! I'm sure a lot $$$ as well! I need to find a way to piece one together but in steps. I would like to start at a 3.5 in lift, would consider 2.5. I need to start bare minimum tho. I definitely want to go with shock and springs and front adjustable track bar. Then eventually get adjustable front lower adjustable control arms then uppers. I actually considered going RC and add the lower control arms (non RC). Any thoughts on that? Or any other recommendations that would be affordable to start with?
Well i built as i went along yes that is fine to do. I had RK front springs & some 1 1/2” lift fox shocks with extensions. And had Rubicon rear shocks & springs with 3/4” spacer. Also had the front adjustable track bar. Then used JKS lower control arms. It rode fine no issues. Then i just kept adding as i went.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Reading up on this thread. The Clayton one seems interesting, but I am still new to this and not sure exactly what the adjustability would actually get me. I have an Overland and I was thinking that new good shocks would make more of a difference in ride than all the adjustable parts.

I am 95% on road, and I would like to be able to adjust the ride between highway and offroad when I do go. I would like a firmer ride on the highways here than the stock give, but then tone it way down off road.

But adjustable shocks and all the Clayton or EVO stuff is gonna be $$$$$. Which is where the adjustability issue comes in. Is it really worth it and all the control arms etc vs the MOPAR lift and some high end shocks?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Reading up on this thread. The Clayton one seems interesting, but I am still new to this and not sure exactly what the adjustability would actually get me. I have an Overland and I was thinking that new good shocks would make more of a difference in ride than all the adjustable parts.

I am 95% on road, and I would like to be able to adjust the ride between highway and offroad when I do go. I would like a firmer ride on the highways here than the stock give, but then tone it way down off road.

But adjustable shocks and all the Clayton or EVO stuff is gonna be $$$$$. Which is where the adjustability issue comes in. Is it really worth it and all the control arms etc vs the MOPAR lift and some high end shocks?
Dude, if you've never seen or felt the sheer weight and heft of the EVO parts (adj track bars, adjustable LCA's, etc...) dude, WAY beefier than stock. It will honestly scare you about the stock parts on our Jeeps even being strong enough in 100% stock form...Much less modded with lifts and huge tires & wheels. The EVO and Clayton parts are going to be worth the money.

I have almost all EVO stuff going under the front of mine (replacing the Skyjacker spacers and other factory parts), and will slowly upgrade the rear parts to EVO as well (other than the JKS 1.5" lift rear springs......If they'll ever ship).

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Dude, if you've never seen or felt the sheer weight and heft of the EVO parts (adj track bars, adjustable LCA's, etc...) dude, WAY beefier than stock. It will honestly scare you about the stock parts on our Jeeps even being strong enough in 100% stock form...Much less modded with lifts and huge tires & wheels. The EVO and Clayton parts are going to be worth the money.

I have almost all EVO stuff going under the front of mine (replacing the Skyjacker spacers and other factory parts), and will slowly upgrade the rear parts to EVO as well (other than the JKS 1.5" lift rear springs......If they'll ever ship).
I mean I appreciate things that are overbuilt but if I'm never going to get anywhere close to it then I would rather focus elsewhere. I guess the question is where are the diminishing returns?

My goal is to be able to go on a moderate trail when confidence I will not get my family stuck. I'm sure Evo and Clayton will more than achieve that. But if the Mopar will also achieve that and make it easier to throw some amazing shocks in there that may be better for my needs.

I will never be rock crawling or doing Rubicon, but I would like to be able to hit up some trails in the Sierras that are moderate with confidence.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I mean I appreciate things that are overbuilt but if I'm never going to get anywhere close to it then I would rather focus elsewhere. I guess the question is where are the diminishing returns?

My goal is to be able to go on a moderate trail when confidence I will not get my family stuck. I'm sure Evo and Clayton will more than achieve that. But if the Mopar will also achieve that and make it easier to throw some amazing shocks in there that may be better for my needs.

I will never be rock crawling or doing Rubicon, but I would like to be able to hit up some trails in the Sierras that are moderate with confidence.
The Mopar lift runs an average of $1,500-$1,600... Right?

Here's a better quality, beefier, and stronger lift at the same cost.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...acturing-2-5in-enforcer-lift-kit-stage-2-plus

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar lift runs an average of $1,500-$1,600... Right?

Here's a better quality, beefier, and stronger lift at the same cost.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...acturing-2-5in-enforcer-lift-kit-stage-2-plus
i didn’t read who posted this then I saw what lift it was and knew..

Man I’m not saying anything is wrong with the EVO lift. It’s gotta be a damn fine setup. But It looses on price to pretty much everything. That’s not the same cost as the Mopar because it’s even more incomplete. You gotta add another 600 bucks to that for the Fox shocks that the Mopar lift includes. Plus the Mopar lift can actually be hard for more like 1200.
Sponsored