Why no aerodynamic aftermarket bumpers?

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
My Sport S has the plastic front bumper with fairings to the fenders. I like the gas mileage, but on past jeeps have watched the mpg go steadily down with each mod. Why doesn't anyone make a winch-capable bumper that mimics the factory aerodynamics, instead of exposing the entire tire, undercarriage, etc?
Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Really depends on what your looking to do .....but, Function.. first.

My stock bumpers were great until I started to really stretch her legs. Nothing like climbing out in wilds of Moab and your lift/tires constantly rubbing your fenders stuck out.

Funny thing is, my mileage went up a tick when I added my steelies. Don’t ask me how. No clue.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The different trucks have different fender setups. Rubicon has high and wide. Max tow has low and wide. Sport and Overland have low and narrow. So that's 3 different setups.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If there was a large enough demand for it, someone would be producing it. For the majority of Jeep owners, aerodynamics and MPG are not issues of great concern.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Easy...there is no demand for such bumpers. Stick a winch in your factory bumper if you like it so much. It is nit overly complicated.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I've seen the Gladiator with the hideous air dams on the front bumper. Interesting enough mine (Sport S Ecodiesel) didn't come with them. Glad it didn't :puke: still getting over 27 avg mpg.

Sponsored

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
My Sport S has the plastic front bumper with fairings to the fenders. I like the gas mileage, but on past jeeps have watched the mpg go steadily down with each mod. Why doesn't anyone make a winch-capable bumper that mimics the factory aerodynamics, instead of exposing the entire tire, undercarriage, etc?
The aussies are forced to have the air dams on the Rubicon levels. Maybe hunt some of those parts? Not sure how much it would help.

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
you do realize that whole a cow is more aerodynamic than a Jeep meme is NOT a joke ,right?
Jeep Gladiator Why no aerodynamic aftermarket bumpers? 1638396188963
Sponsored