Sponsored

What improvements would you like to see?

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
On Overland, ten way electrically adjustable front seats, and heated rear seats option pkg!
Sponsored

Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
no thank you ill keep the solid axles as long as I can if you want an ifs truck go pick literally any other truck on the market or buy old toyotas
And there's a reason why every other truck on the market is IFS....

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
And theres a reason the wrangler and gladiator are still solid axle
Yeah, because people like we have on this forum whined and cried enough that the engineers reluctantly left them in place.

Don't think for a second they didn't want to go IFS. They took the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee that direction and they would have loved to do the same with Wrangler. It would have cured so many of their headaches and warranty claims.

Just wait until Bronco comes out and trounces the JL/JT in every on and off road review.

I've had more solid axle and IFS rigs than I can remember, and the fact is unless you're a guy who rock crawls often, IFS is the only way to go.

EPTJ

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE Red 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, 1999 Jeep Wrangler, 1976 F100
Ventilated seats. That is the only thing they missed on in my opinion.
Agreed, once I got used to having vehicles with vented seats, I said I would never go back. I understand that this is not there so you can still hose out the interior, so I will be looking for options from Leatherseats or Katzkin to add it. I did buy a "ventilated" seat pad on Amazon that I will try once I get mine.

The other thing that I will miss is rain sensing wipers.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I have heard the weatherproof argument but I'm not taking the bait. Between myself, my wife and two kids it seems like the ES350 seats get coffee, Gatorade or (insert your Coca Cola product of choice here) spilled on them what seems like weekly! If they can make the dash components, door electronics and everything else water resistant they can make the seat ventilators water resistant too. But I cannot imagine how much more comfortable it would be sitting in traffic at the beach with the seats blowing cool air over the keister. On our Lexus they are not actually cooled but the air circulation sure makes it feel like they are.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
the fact is unless you're a guy who rock crawls often, IFS is the only way to go.
I've been saying that for years as well. IFS isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be for off road. There is a reason most of the cars at King Of The Hammers and 95% of all SCORE Trophy trucks are all IFS. IFS helps so much with steering and road handling too which Jeep can't seem to make better with the Wrangler after all these years.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
Please ban all the people asking for IFS! Before FCA hears that there are people asking for it.
As for something I wish was offered that isn't,
Power sliding rear window.