First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I’m still waiting for the diesel but I’ve been running out all my build details to the Nth degree in the meantime

I contacted Insane audio because I feel their head unit is vastly superior to the 8” U connect and is cheaper in terms of cost to add on a sport with the factory 5 Or 7”

here’s what they said about adding cameras

Jeep Gladiator Factory trail camera install? BBD30B60-EF06-444F-8440-72E8F5EECE7D
Sponsored

scuuuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Abarth, 2017 WRX, 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
I’m still waiting for the diesel but I’ve been running out all my build details to the Nth degree in the meantime

I contacted Insane audio because I feel their head unit is vastly superior to the 8” U connect and is cheaper in terms of cost to add on a sport with the factory 5 Or 7”

here’s what they said about adding cameras

Jeep Gladiator Factory trail camera install? BBD30B60-EF06-444F-8440-72E8F5EECE7D
Sounds cool for those who want to replace the head unit. I myself want to keep the oem. Chrysler has one of the best UIs around. This thread is geared more towards those who want to integrate the oem system with an oem head unit.
Inane audio is pretty cool tho!

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Sounds cool for those who want to replace the head unit. I myself want to keep the oem. Chrysler has one of the best UIs around. This thread is geared more towards those who want to integrate the oem system with an oem head unit.
Inane audio is pretty cool tho!

I guess I was delivering confirmation that it’s more complicated than just plugging in cameras.

DVC

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It seems like the biggest challenge is getting the OE Mopar trail cam hooked up with all the proper wiring harnesses, etc. Has anyone checked to see if the OE Mopar trail cam can just connect to the aux cargo cam port? (like the ZAutomotive aftermarket cam does)

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
It seems like the biggest challenge is getting the OE Mopar trail cam hooked up with all the proper wiring harnesses, etc. Has anyone checked to see if the OE Mopar trail cam can just connect to the aux cargo cam port? (like the ZAutomotive aftermarket cam does)
I am trying to source the connector for the factory trail cam. It isn't a standard connector.

Reactions: DVC

Sponsored

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Question. Can you use the factory camera with the tazer? In other words does the factory camera have the ability to plug into the back of the U connect or only into the device next to the sub woofer.

I know you can buy the camera from z automotive, but the factory one should be better...right?

Sry if I sound like a dummy, but....

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question. Can you use the factory camera with the tazer? In other words does the factory camera have the ability to plug into the back of the U connect or only into the device next to the sub woofer.

I know you can buy the camera from z automotive, but the factory one should be better...right?

Sry if I sound like a dummy, but....
The factory camera is a better quality camera. Trying to figure out if and how to convert the coax to rca video to plug into back of radio. Not sure how much video quality you would lose.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is in the back of the radio? Rca? I watched a video and it was 2 little pins that plug into the harness.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is in the back of the radio? Rca? I watched a video and it was 2 little pins that plug into the harness.
You are correct. The harness in the back of the radio (as opposed to the CVPM behind the woofer).

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are correct. The harness in the back of the radio (as opposed to the CVPM behind the woofer).
So I have been reading about this and I think you are mistaken. To get to an RCA jack you have to install an adapter from z automotive. It comes in the kit with the camera.

Or maybe I'm mistaken and that's what you meant. I was trying to determine what was coming out of the back of the radio because I see some guys installed a 20 camera off amazon.

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I have been reading about this and I think you are mistaken. To get to an RCA jack you have to install an adapter from z automotive. It comes in the kit with the camera.

Or maybe I'm mistaken and that's what you meant. I was trying to determine what was coming out of the back of the radio because I see some guys installed a 20 camera off amazon.
Sorry for the confusion. We are thinking on the same line. The coax cable from the camera needs to convert to 2 wires to install in the harness, hence the rca like in the ZAutomotive kit.

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
mtpilatus
you are correct. you need to convert the cable to a rca input. i am still working on the system. it has come to a standstill because i have to go to the east coast to see family. Jeep corp has given me the sales code ad installed it via computer to the jeep. however, the software between the bcm and the radio and the cvpm is not quite right and i was told by the dealership that jeep will not help me figure it out and that is ok with me because i have asked the dealership if they will help and the tech told me that if i can come up with the solution he will help me work thru it. i am going to be gone until the middle of august. i will go back to this project in sept.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
got my tazer in the mail today and I am just running some things in my head. I didnt order the camera with it. I should have but I didnt.
Sponsored