Dear Jeep - Things I Don't Like

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Edit:
******Snowflake Warning!*******
If you get butt-hurt about constructive criticism of your Jeep - This thread isn't for you. Just move on down the road and be happy with what ya got.

If you were personally responsible for the design and engineering of the Jeep Gladiator and it's variants, please don't read the following as it will be a crushing blow to your ego after years of hard work and dedication. These are hard charging criticisms of your life's work, not just suggestions of some things we would love to see addressed to make the Gladiator better in the future. Insert eye-roll emoji here.

We hate the product you came up with and were forced at gun point to buy such a vehicle. I find no joy in my own Gladiator because of the glaring flaws listed below.
End of Edit

Dear Jeep,

In the future please fix... (feel free to add your own gripes in this thread)

The Key. Why is this thing so big? Who likes carrying around these giant things in their pocket? Something the size of the little bit that rests inside of the big blob styled like a gas can would suffice. You know, the part with the bottons that actually do something?

Also, the switchblade button is toward the end and very exposed so I often get a key popping open in my front pocket. No, I am not just happy to see you. It is a bad design.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Jeep,

In the future please fix...

The Key. Why is this thing so big? Who likes carrying around these giant things in their pocket? Something the size of the little bit that rests inside of the big blob styled like a gas can would suffice. You know, the part with the bottons that actually do something?

Also, the switchblade button is toward the end and very exposed so I often get a key popping open in my front pocket. No, I am not just happy to see you. It is a bad design.
I bought these and put them on. It eliminated the key opening issue. It still happens occasionally, but it is like once a month instead of three times a day.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07TCKHYTV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YtYkFb5JQJCHM

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
A pillar mounted mirrors so every time we take the doors off we don’t have to slap on some other half a$$ mirrors that either cost more than they should or flop around like a pair of granny panties on the clothesline when you hit 50mph. Minor inconvenience, yes. Should it be, no.

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
1. Aux switches standard
2. a red dash that looks like a baboon’s butt? Ew!
3. A firewall port to make it easy to pass through
4. locking tonneau cover
5. locking under rear seat storage

That gets us started!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Jeep,

In the future please fix... (feel free to add your own gripes in this thread)

https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/online-store/Wrangler-JL-Gladiator-JT-c34349008

I got these. Absolutely worth it!

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Touché

Or even a Mopar brake controller.
how about a brake controller period... I can not believe that Jeep has hyped up the towing capacity so much with the gladiator but has still failed to come up with a brake controller. Makes me wonder what the real issue is... and it isn’t COVID.