Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Make it cheap enough (or a lease deal cheap enough) for me to have as a DD while I keep a real Jeep as well for doing real Jeep things and i'll buy this
Sponsored

Larry in NC

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator overland
Occupation
AV design engineer
I traded in my 10-year-old chevy volt when I got my gladiator. If there was a plug-in hybrid Gladiator I would have gotten it. That chevy was the cheapest vehicle I ever operated. We miss having an electric car in the family and when we no longer need the minivan I expect we will get another one.

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
We have an EV, a 2022 Mini Cooper we got a year ago and it’s an absolute blast to drive. We use the Cooper for commuting around town, and the Gladiator for Jeep Club events, going camping, and longer trips as the infrastructure for EVs in Michigan doesn’t allow for extended driving (yet).
Does it get its electricity from the same source as my AC, yup, so what, I plug it in every night and it adds a few bucks a month to my bill, beats the snot out of filling up a few times a week @ $4 per gallon. The non debate about how environmentally friendly it is is just a red herring. I’m sure the people who preferred horses over cars had similar arguments 120 years ago lol.
I was kinda hoping we’d get a Renegade EV, the Recon looks cool but I’ll bet it’s twice the cost of a smaller one, and the smaller one in the article looks way too much like a Compass lol.
Either way, it looks like we’ll be a 2Jeep family again soon.

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
I like the Recon. Won't replace my Mojave, but might end up replacing my wife's Grand Cherokee. Removable doors, windows and a rag top...nice!

Sponsored

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
The Wagoneer BEV is an addition to the Wagoneer brand stable. The BEV isn't replacing the existing GW or Wagoneer models. Those models will eventually go electric, too, but still be big, truck-based people haulers.
Umm....I didn't say it was replacing the existing Wagoneer. I was making the point why make the EV variant so much different from a styling point of view. If you asked me comparing the current Wagoneer family to this I would have said it shouldn't be called a Wagoneer. It looks more Toyota then a Jeep.

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
If you don’t think gas prices are manipulated by political and government action you simply aren’t paying attention. When a regime takes intentional action to cut domestic supply and then shrugs when prices are over $4/gal and says “if you don’t like it then buy an electric car”, that tells you everything. Nothing has fundamentally changed in 2 years, demand isn’t up. But domestic supply has been slashed, you don’t have to be an economist to understand that equation.
Biden didn't simply shrug it off. Since last November, he's been releasing millions of barrels of oil from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve. He's been communicating with OPEC to try to get them to quit intentionally screwing with the global supply.

He never said, "If you don't like it then buy an electric car." Here's what he's actually said about it. Here's a bit more.

April 2020, just as COVID sets in, we're producing ~13 million barrels a day. Today we're doing around 12 million.

There is no issue with supply. The only issue is oil companies squeezing us for every last penny they can. And that's the free-market system we live in.

dos0711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
How was my post political? It was a statement of fact! California is going all electric and then asked owners not to plug their cars into the already strained grid. I don't see politics in that statement.

TwelveSoldier

First Name
J T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and Wrangler
The Wagoneer BEV is an addition to the Wagoneer brand stable. The BEV isn't replacing the existing GW or Wagoneer models. Those models will eventually go electric, too, but still be big, truck-based people haulers.
A Wagoneer Truck would get me out of my gladiator, but would still need removable doors and top front panels at least.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
And how quickly will it be to change over the commercial trucking industry? Funny how we got off topic talking about new vehicles and got into another electric vehicle debate.

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave
I’m sure the people who preferred horses over cars had similar arguments 120 years ago lol.
Hey Jack ✌🏻

This reminds me of a Henry Ford quote. Paraphrasing here but essentially when working on the Model T he said, “If I would have asked people what they wanted they would have said faster horses.”

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
He didn't simply shrug it off. Since last November, he's been releasing millions of barrels of oil from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve. He's been communicating with OPEC to try to get them to quit intentionally screwing with the global supply.
And when we deplete our oil reserve and have to replenish it at a massive amount because the cost will be so high are you still going to think it was a great idea? So OPEC is intentionally screwing with the global supply? So us going from being independent from another country for oil and actually exporting it for the first time to then having to import oil again with no change in demand. That is not intentionally screwing with the global supply? I am just trying to understand how the current admin is looking out for the average American. Just imagine if the Federal Government had almost no power and it didn't matter what party had the majority because it couldn't affect your life in any way. Man only if we could just go back 120 years to that size of Federal Government.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Biden didn't simply shrug it off. Since last November, he's been releasing millions of barrels of oil from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve. He's been communicating with OPEC to try to get them to quit intentionally screwing with the global supply.

He never said, "If you don't like it then buy an electric car." Here's what he's actually said about it. Here's a bit more.

April 2020, just as COVID sets in, we're producing ~13 million barrels a day. Today we're doing around 12 million.

There is no issue with supply. The only issue is oil companies squeezing us for every last penny they can. And that's the free-market system we live in.
Brother, people like making up their own story based on nothing other than their on feelings and ignorance. I mean, what president and his administration would benefit from higher gas/oil price?

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
And how quickly will it be to change over the commercial trucking industry? Funny how we got off topic talking about new vehicles and got into another electric vehicle debate.
I am good going back to talking about how bad these renderings look. The small non-american getting SUV is fine for other countries, it fits the bill for them. I just dont get the whole mindset of throwing out your brands image when they make an EV for the US. The Recon is to Bronco Sport and not a Jeep to me. The Wagoneer S looks like a Toyota Venza. The Wagoneer needs to be a big boxy SUV not some feminized swoopy SUV. It was also my complaint when MB killed the GLK in favor of the ugly GLC.
Sponsored