Sponsored

Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet?

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
1614108619654.png

Does anyone have any thoughts on K&N vs the Mopar CAI? The thought of cutting the hood and then having to cover it when it rains sounds like a pain (although it does look cool). I was not sure if going with the K&N would void any warranty. They claim 100K cleaning on the element and it is oil free so it seems low maintenance once installed.
I'm 100% happy with the Mopar CAI. Thanks to @KurtP, he tipped me off to use the AFE filter element. I did not use the hood cutout - most likely won't ever install it. I had originally bought an S&B, but I returned it because they sent me the wrong part (for 4 cylinder turbo). I'm glad I paused on it until I got the Mopar one. It definitely cleaned up the appearance (no resonators), made it noticeably louder on acceleration, and (this may be subjective) improved performance. Initially, it was sluggish (almost worse), but after a couple hundred miles of driving cycles, I could feel a difference. Not worth taking it to a dyno, but I'm completely happy with it.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Initially, it was sluggish (almost worse), but after a couple hundred miles of driving cycles, I could feel a difference. Not worth taking it to a dyno, but I'm completely happy with it.
That, my friend, is LTFT at work.

JWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I'm 100% happy with the Mopar CAI. Thanks to @KurtP, he tipped me off to use the AFE filter element. I did not use the hood cutout - most likely won't ever install it. I had originally bought an S&B, but I returned it because they sent me the wrong part (for 4 cylinder turbo). I'm glad I paused on it until I got the Mopar one. It definitely cleaned up the appearance (no resonators), made it noticeably louder on acceleration, and (this may be subjective) improved performance. Initially, it was sluggish (almost worse), but after a couple hundred miles of driving cycles, I could feel a difference. Not worth taking it to a dyno, but I'm completely happy with it.
I’ll buy your hood cut out if you aren’t going to use it.

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
I'll hold on to it just a bit longer in case I need to return it for any reason. Otherwise, I'll post it. Thanks!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
You can have mine if you want it. Just pm me.

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Is it obnoxiously loud or just noticeable? Highway cruising bad?

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Is it obnoxiously loud or just noticeable? Highway cruising bad?
A bit more grumbling sound during acceleration, but not obnoxious. It is unnoticeable at cruising speed, and it still idles smooth and quiet. I'm pretty happy with it. Just keep in mind that initially, power may drop off until the computer adjusts (for me, it seemed to take about a half a tank worth).

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I dont find it loud until about 4-4500 rpm at WOT. At that RPM, at WOT, combined with the throttle body and exhaust it’s loud as fuck.

It would honestly be ok with a single resonator chamber like an AFE pipe....although, if it let’s me hear the supercharger in another week, then great.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Jwagon, I’ll send you my hood cutout kit if you want, won’t fit Mojave hood anyway. Send me a PM......Jack

Ps: I’m not really sold on cutting a hole in hood even if it fit, I think the airbox lid without any ridges, larger tube, and the cleaner look without resonators is worth it, cutting the hood might not improve much.

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
A bit more grumbling sound during acceleration, but not obnoxious. It is unnoticeable at cruising speed, and it still idles smooth and quiet. I'm pretty happy with it. Just keep in mind that initially, power may drop off until the computer adjusts (for me, it seemed to take about a half a tank worth).
Thanks. That's the info I was looking for.

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, please don't flame. I've been giving good feedback on this topic in other threads. Here is my quandry:
If this MOPAR kit wants you to CUT the hood to install...and you DON"T....
Then why USE the MOPAR kit, and NOT another manufacturer's kit that DOESN"T require cutting a hole. And...if you go MOPAR, is there enough space to allow the air in the first place?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, please don't flame. I've been giving good feedback on this topic in other threads. Here is my quandry:
Then why USE the MOPAR kit, and NOT another manufacturer's kit that DOESN"T require cutting a hole. And...if you go MOPAR, is there enough space to allow the air in the first place?
The hood vent is optional. There is ample airflow without it. The purpose of it is to bring cold outside air into the intake. The advantage of the Mopar CAI is that it is a Mopar part made for the engine and allows the use of the OEM paper filter.

El_Zorro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
There is enough space and does bring fresh air when you cut the hood. There is another thread where someone took measurements.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I've seen it hinted at, but not stated explicitly in a "here's photographic evidence" sort of way: does the Mopar CAI intake boot work with the Mopar snorkel (which I believe mates up with the stock intake at the boot). I'm actually asking because I'm interested in the AEV snorkel that retains fold down windshield functionality, but I think the Mopar snorkel is more common.
Sponsored