Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
So I got my extension cable yesterday and climbed under my truck this morning to install the cable after I shortened the ridiculous 6ft length down to about 1ft. Here is a PM I just sent to Oracle that will describe my displeasure with the experience and product and the failed fix. Anyone share my opinion of the product? If so let Oracle know! Maybe it will force them to hire some QC people or fire some engineers and put out a better product. BTW, the extension cable pins fit but the threaded lock nut is a different size and cannot work, so I expect everyone waiting for their extension cable will be as pissed as I am when you go to install it.

To: JP_Oracle
"Hi, I received my extension cable yesterday and although most users of the bumper mount reverse lights only need about a foot of extension, my cable was about 6ft long. I shortened up the cable to about 1 ft, trimmed off all the Ty-Raps under my truck to loosen my original install only to find you put the wrong size connectors on the extension and they are not compatible.

So all the work you put into getting the extension cables is down the toilet because somebody didn't verify the size. How can you run a company like this? I guess you can but there goes a bunch of profit and future business as I don't want anything to do with Oracle after this bad adventure of lights not fitting without trimming things and failure to engineer a proper seal and strain relief where the wires enter the light and the supplied cables are way to short in most installs and the cable to fix that is way too long and can't be used anyway.

Please let me know if you plan on making and sending a useable extension, otherwise I'll rip my lights out and wire them from scratch from the housing to the vehicle harness the way it should have been from the factory.

Mike"
So it was all of us then—wrong size connectors and more wire for the extension than both original light wires combined.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Hello everyone, jumping in here since it looks like some are having trouble with their extensions. The extension should go to the passenger side light.

When installing, be sure to line up the arrows on each side to ensure they fit together. The pin connections are the same. They will come together tightly.
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) IMG_0807

Yes, the extension cable is 6" so it will be longer than needed, as noted in @JP_Oracle's original post quoted below. There will be extra cable to allow you to choose the path you wish. This extra can simply be bundled and secured with zip ties.

Hey Everyone,

I just want to take a min. to thank you for all of the feedback on the these (Positive & negative). This feedback is crucial to our "Constant Improvement Cycle" process here.

In regards to the cables being too short, i'd like to offer an extension cable free of charge to anyone having a problem with this. It will be a bit longer than needed but will get the job done and allow all connections to remain IP68 waterproof.

If anyone would like this, please PM me your ORACLE order number or a screenshot of your order if bought through one of our retailers & i'll be happy to see to it one gets shipped out for you.

Cheers!
Lastly, the caps of the extensions will not fully thread over the connections. The caps are simply additional protection against pull-force, but they are not necessary for function. Please be assured that the connections are still IP68 waterproof. If you are concerned, you can wrap in electrical tape or heat shrink for more reassurance -- but again, the cap is not necessary for waterproofing as the ends fit tightly.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) IMG_08082

These two-pin cables are used for this so you do not have an additional wait time to complete installation, and they do function as intended.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please PM this account or @JP_Oracle for assistance.

-Rachel

Last edited:

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Hello everyone, jumping in here since it looks like some are having trouble with their extensions. The extension should go to the passenger side light.

When installing, be sure to line up the arrows on each side to ensure they fit together. They will come together tightly.
IMG_0807.jpg

Yes, the extension cable is 6" so it will be longer than needed, as noted in @JP_Oracle's original post quoted below. There will be extra cable to allow you to choose the path you wish. This extra can simply be bundled and secured with zip ties.

Lastly, the caps of the extensions will not fully thread over the connections. The caps are simply additional protection against pull-force, but they are not necessary for function. Please be assured that the connections are still IP68 waterproof. If you are concerned, you can wrap in electrical tape or heat shrink for more reassurance -- but again, the cap is not necessary for waterproofing as the ends fit tightly.

IMG_08082.jpg

These two-pin cables are used for this so you do not have an additional wait time to complete installation, and they do function as intended.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please PM this account or @JP_Oracle for assistance.

-Rachel
It has the wrong connectors—they don’t fit. Fairly certain we all ran this 6’ wire to relieve the tension on the overstretched passenger side light and didn’t bundle it up behind the driver side light. It plugs in, no problem, but your threads and thread cap don’t work with the existing wires.

Last edited:

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
The connector in question will only meet its IP68 rating with the threaded part screwed on to squish the internal O ring. Without the threaded part as shown in the first picture below, the connector can pull apart with a little tug. I just got out from under my truck working with these connectors and would never consider plugging them together and not using the locking ring, which cannot be used with the emergency supplied extension failure. In my opinion a length of hot glue heat shrink over the connector without the locking ring would be the minimum satisfactory solution providing both mechanical strength and sealing the connection.

When installing, be sure to line up the arrows on each side to ensure they fit together. They will come together tightly.
IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_08082.jpg

-Rachel

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
To add insult to injury, I carefully shortened up my 6ft extension cable to about a foot long before climbing under the truck and discovering the connectors don't fit. I may have to double my dose of blood pressure medication today.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 1626461969876

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
The thread caps aren’t even the same size as those used for the original connectors in the pic @ORACLElights posted. EDIT: the thread pitch is different and can even be seen in the pic.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 1626464438415

Last edited:
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
EDIT: the thread pitch is different and can even be seen in the pic.
Yes, you are correct the thread pitch on these connectors is slightly different from what our standard connector uses. We wanted to provide a quick solution to those of you who were having cable length troubles and in our haste to resolve the problem we did not confirm the cap thread was a match to the cables on the harness. We apologize for the oversight on our part.

We do not have an "off the shelf" extension we can offer that matches the spec needed for this but we are willing to build custom cables for those who need them. All that we ask is that you understand that is that it will take some time to build these and ship them out. We are willing to build the adapters and ship at no cost to anyone who needs this. All we ask is patience while we have the parts built out, we are working with a large production backlog at the moment.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm wiling to wait and have it correct, rather then an insecure connection. Excess length I could care less about, that's easy to deal with. But a properly secured connection is a high priority on a vechile of this nature, as the tail could easily be submerged in a fording situation. It may seal without the cap, but if a little bit of current, or ice weight pulls on it...

Since mine hasn't shipped yet, how do I get on the "proper" extension wait list?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Yes, you are correct the thread pitch on these connectors is slightly different from what our standard connector uses. We wanted to provide a quick solution to those of you who were having cable length troubles and in our haste to resolve the problem we did not confirm the cap thread was a match to the cables on the harness. We apologize for the oversight on our part.

We do not have an "off the shelf" extension we can offer that matches the spec needed for this but we are willing to build custom cables for those who need them. All that we ask is that you understand that is that it will take some time to build these and ship them out. We are willing to build the adapters and ship at no cost to anyone who needs this. All we ask is patience while we have the parts built out, we are working with a large production backlog at the moment.
I do want the new one. You have my order info in your PM from the first round of wires.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
If you just tell me the connector dimensions, I'm happy to buy a couple and build it myself out of the extension you already sent. I do appreciate your effort to make things right.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I do want the new one. You have my order info in your PM from the first round of wires.
Please DM me your order information please.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I could not even get one side to plug in, the other did, because the shell itself is a different size. The threads are different, and the shell.
I thought I'd try to make the connection and see what everyone was talking about and -
The extension plugged together with the right light side - the right light pigtail
but
the other end of the extension didn't fit together.
The nut and threaded area are not just a different pitch, but a different diameter. I could tell that before I even pulled the connection apart under the truck. I unscrewed the "cap" and held the extension up and saw different diameters.
Winter is a ways off and I'm unlikely to get into anything deep with this until our fall trip to Florida. I'll hang tight for the correct connectors.
My OCD wouldn't even let me try to force the harness side of the extension in after not being able to get them to match.
I'd rather do it one time and secure things as I need/want once when it's done rather than put something in and always thinking - that's just not right.....

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I got my extension wire, but the connectors were a different size than what my light wire connectors are—odd, the male end is just large enough to not thread and the female end has a nut too large to thread. I made it work with electrical tape.
Yup, same here. Just tried installing.

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
Well, thanks for the info. I’ve been traveling so haven had a chance to “attempt “ an install. I think I’m going to save some time and just return the whole lot. Not worth the aggravation !
Too bad seemed like a good idea… on paper.

Deadpool392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR, 2010 Rescue Green JKU
Add me to list of those who have received the extension and are not happy with fact it does not connect properly. Same issues as everyone else, caps are not the correct size on the passenger side (bigger) and incorrect thread pitch on the other. How hard could it be to check these things before sending them out? If folks wanted to use heat shrink and electrical tape, I doubt they would have bought the PNP harness, I know I would not have.
Sponsored