Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Much more expensive but here's some higher performance options it seems. These folks have some decent videos. Although the bilsteins and old man emu I don't think are custom tunable.

Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Just a little shock story … (2021 JTR)
Back in September 2022 when I was getting my second engine ordered, I enquired into the reservoir shocks on the Mojave and if I could upgrade to those. The Parts guy at the dealership looked them up and said they list for ….. $11,000 cad!!!!! I think I chuckled a bit in disbelief.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Just a little shock story … (2021 JTR)
Back in September 2022 when I was getting my second engine ordered, I enquired into the reservoir shocks on the Mojave and if I could upgrade to those. The Parts guy at the dealership looked them up and said they list for ….. $11,000 cad!!!!! I think I chuckled a bit in disbelief.
:CWL: What? 11k? Does the box they come in have 2 keys of coke in them or what?
Reminds me of my old GMC that came stock with Bilsteins. I did the same thing one day at the parts counter and asked what they’d cost to replace. He says $182. I said, “ oh, that’s not bad” Then he says, “ that’s each”. :facepalm:Keep in mind this is back in 1988 dollars.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
:CWL: What? 11k? Does the box they come in have 2 keys of coke in them or what?
Reminds me of my old GMC that came stock with Bilsteins. I did the same thing one day at the parts counter and asked what they’d cost to replace. He says $182. I said, “ oh, that’s not bad” Then he says, “ that’s each”. :facepalm:Keep in mind this is back in 1988 dollars.
Ya! 11k cad for non adjustable res shocks. Unreal.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have Bilstein shocks on my 03 F250. They have over 100K on them with no issues. When I replace the shocks on my JT I will go with the Bilstein shocks.

Sponsored

Animal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
CMMS Administrator
I have a set of 5100s to install with my Clayton 2.5" lift once the weather gets better. No covered work area to install it all in. I'll share my opinion in a few weeks.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
So nobody has mentioned the 5160 shocks. ?? If the 5100’s is just the next level upgrade to the fox 2.0, why not pay just a tiny bit more for the 5160 resivour shock?
In Canada, the TDot site has theses 5160’s for $405 Canadian each and a 5% coupon to boot.
I was going to go the the 5160s when I had my frontier. I was looking at the Bilstein 6112 coil over with tge 5160s. I thought it was a pretty package per price and capabilities. I actually talked my buddy into getting them for his Tacoma. He loves the setup. If you are a casual off-roader with more road miles (that’s me) you can’t beat beat them for the price.

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Are the Bilstein 5100 better than the stock Fox on the Rubicon? I read where someone posted that above and wondered because I always thought of them as a cheap way to go a coilover lift without using a spacer lift

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Are the Bilstein 5100 better than the stock Fox on the Rubicon? I read where someone posted that above and wondered because I always thought of them as a cheap way to go a coilover lift without using a spacer lift
Not sure if there’s any data out there to back it up but anecdotally I think the 5100s are. But i don’t think they come in a coil over for the Jt

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Not sure if there’s any data out there to back it up but anecdotally I think the 5100s are. But i don’t think they come in a coil over for the Jt
The coilover quote came from them being used on other brands of trucks I have had in the past.

Sponsored

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
Oh I mentioned the coil over because on ifs trucks the 5100s are a pretty popular option (Nissan and toyota). Depending on your application, coil overs on Jeeps are a bit of an overkill. For me. A decent single use (no rebuild option and not expensive) is what fits my bill. Your mileage might vary.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
And still no OME listed for JT out on ARBs page..... just checked again 2 days ago.
I want those bp51s. I emailed them a year ago with no response.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Yeah, I'm really disappointed in the Rubicon "Fox" shocks after 12k miles or so. They certainly didn't live up to the Fox brand hype. It may be unfair, but it really lowered my consideration of the Fox 2.0 because of these. I focused a lot of attention on the Bilstein 5100s because of that, but was concerned they would be too firm for when I do occasionally go offroad. This lead me to look more at the Eibach Pro-truck shocks as they are supposedly firm like the 5100s on road, but because of the way they are valved they take bigger hits softer so a little better for rocks and potholes. I couldn't find any reviews though for our application (mostly 4Runners, Tacomas, etc) so I jumped in head first and just ordered a set last week and will see if I made a good choice or should of just went with the 5100s after they arrive and I install them.
If you have a thread already or plan on making one post it here, I'm curious I'm sure others are as well. Where are they made ?

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have a set of 5100s to install with my Clayton 2.5" lift once the weather gets better. No covered work area to install it all in. I'll share my opinion in a few weeks.
Waiting for your opinion.

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
If you have a thread already or plan on making one post it here, I'm curious I'm sure others are as well. Where are they made ?
Yeah I have a thread about them here. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/anyone-running-eibach-shocks-or-springs.67192/

I'm very happy with them. Not having ran the 5100s to compare I'm not sure how they stack up, but they are exactly what I was hoping for in the ride. They cost basically the same and appear to be almost identical in appearance and specs other than the compressed and extended lengths as these are for 0-2.5" of lift.

As far as where they are made, the box said they were made in the USA.
Sponsored