Sponsored

Build and Price is up on Jeep.com!!!! (minus the price part)

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Still very early, I am sure they are still building things. FCA is not know for being completely accurate on the build and price tool, at least not until the forum members help the proof :cwl:

Also I noticed the Rubicon does not have the red dash in the interior. The dash was red on the Rubi in LA, I hope this is another over site because I have come to like, I didn't at first on the JL.
I'm seeing a red dash...
Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
For me, just click on every option, except the auto trans, engine block heater, the 2 safety groups, and the hard top. I'm all set! Take my money! 60k??

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GvZ6vcg.gif

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know those are just renderings in the summary, but my JTR will need bigger tires than that. 35" BFG KO2s. Minimum.

Now, back to my bell ringing.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I'm seeing a red dash...
The Red dash depends on the color selected... not every paint color is getting a red dash. Check out Hyrdo Blue.

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
The Red dash depends on the color selected... not every paint color is getting a red dash. Check out Hyrdo Blue.
I checked it out and you are correct. If this stays true it will be one more reason for me to go with the White over the Gobi. Late availability and no red dash. I really like the red dash.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
After browsing the Configurator I think I want:
Sport in blue,
With the 8 speed (dont judge me, lol)
Max tow package,
Bed cover,
Bed liner.
BUT WHERE'S THE DUAL TOP OPTION?
download (4).jpeg

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
lol, i like that you're realistic about the 60 grand price. That's what i'm preparing for. AND HALF DOORS!
I can't see FCA pricing these at 60k. A Taco TRD pro is 42k ... even less than the 4 Runner TRD pro which is 46k. If the JLU is competing with the 4 Runner, it seems the Gladiator's price will need to be fairly close to the Taco TRD pro.

I like the Gladiator's towing capacity and hauling ability, but I'm giving up the breakover angle, departure angle, and turning radius of a JL. If the price is too far above a TRD pro Taco, I think potential buyers will go with the Taco or a JLU ... depending on whether they lean more toward towing or trail running.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
After browsing the Configurator I think I want:
Sport in blue,
With the 8 speed (dont judge me, lol)
Max tow package,
Bed cover,
Bed liner.
BUT WHERE'S THE DUAL TOP OPTION?
download (4).jpeg

View attachment 6959
Me too ... except Sport S.
The 8spd is great! Cruises more efficiently at higher speeds. And, it has higher ratios in the first 2 gears for better crawling.

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
For me, just click on every option, except the auto trans, engine block heater, the 2 safety groups, and the hard top. I'm all set! Take my money! 60k??
I really hope the pricing experts don't read posts like this. A TRD Off-Road can be had OTD for less than $40k and you guys are chomping at the bit to pay 1-ton diesel 4x4 prices for a Jeep Truck. Yeah they're cool. Yeah I want one, but spouting off about the willingness to pay exorbitant prices will not help our cause.

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I can't see FCA pricing these at 60k. A Taco TRD pro is 42k ... even less than the 4 Runner TRD pro which is 46k. If the JLU is competing with the 4 Runner, it seems the Gladiator's price will need to be fairly close to the Taco TRD pro.

I like the Gladiator's towing capacity and hauling ability, but I'm giving up the breakover angle, departure angle, and turning radius of a JL. If the price is too far above a TRD pro Taco, I think potential buyers will go with the Taco or a JLU ... depending on whether they lean more toward towing or trail running.
I think you are right that it wont be quite 60k but I still think a base Rubicon will be in the low to mid 50s. I think a sport will be starting at about 36-38k.
But I have no backing it's really just a guess.

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Will need to see what happens with the final builder and packages. As it sets, if the Tow Max is available on the Sport I'll get everything I need there. I thought leather was an option on the JLU Sport S.... if I'm cloth seats regardless, I'll giving up factory installed heated seats. Also, from the renderings, not a fan of silver allow rims on the S. Will take the less expensive, more lame, less maintenance steel wheels. 6+ months of the year is hunting and winter driving, and if I want to upgrade wheels regardless, I'll take the cheaper truck. The Sport S , as it sits, requires too much other stuff to upgrade to the better sound system, although the Trail Track, locking under seat storage and 115v in the bed are very attractive to my lifestyle..... well, that was fun. Back to the waiting!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn

I think you are right that it wont be quite 60k but I still think a base Rubicon will be in the low to mid 50s. I think a sport will be starting at about 36-38k.
I think the easiest way to estimate pricing on the JT is to start with a comparable JL and add about an 8-10% premium: A loaded JLUR can push $58k, so figure $62-64k for a loaded out JTR. I know it seems high, but there is simply no way the JT will be less than the JL. This vehicle is really not meant to compete with the Taco, as Jeep feels they've created a whole new animal here, and will price it accordingly, whether that's sane or not. Throw a 3.0 diesel on top of a maxed out JTR, and we could realistically be looking at a near $70k Gladiator. (sorry)

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
if the price is even close to a 79 series landcruiser it wont sell well at all here
thats why the cj10 is so rare it was too expensive & everyone bought a landcruiser instead

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think the easiest way to estimate pricing on the JT is to start with a comparable JL and add about an 8-10% premium: A loaded JLUR can push $58k, so figure $62-64k for a loaded out JTR. I know it seems high, but there is simply no way the JT will be less than the JL. This vehicle is really not meant to compete with the Taco, as Jeep feels they've created a whole new animal here, and will price it accordingly, whether that's sane or not. Throw a 3.0 diesel on top of a maxed out JTR, and we could realistically be looking at a near $70k Gladiator. (sorry)
Interesting price concept. Just doing some quick math here:
A sport jlu starts at 32k so a gladiator sport would start at around 35k.
A base Rubicon jlu starts at 41k so a gladiator rubicon would START at around 45k.
Sponsored