Sponsored

Build and Price is up on Jeep.com!!!! (minus the price part)

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
Interesting price concept. Just doing some quick math here:
A sport jlu starts at 32k so a gladiator sport would start at around 35k.
A base Rubicon jlu starts at 41k so a gladiator rubicon would START at around 45k.
Yup. I guess if you want to be reasonable and not hype the price, you would be accurate. But I also think the mark-up percentage will be a bit higher on the lower priced models, because the dollar amount will be about the same. In other words, if they need to get $4-5k-ish premium on all JTs over the JLs, then look to about a $45k JTR base, $37k JTS base. So what amounts to 10% on the Rubi would effectively be around 15% on the Sport. I hope I'm guessing high, but seeing how FCA has maxed profit on the JL, I think this price strategy will be inline with corporate pricing policy to date.
Sponsored

USAFRecon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 C10, 14 Cooper S, Soon: Gladiator
Occupation
IT Guy
I can't see FCA pricing these at 60k. A Taco TRD pro is 42k ... even less than the 4 Runner TRD pro which is 46k. If the JLU is competing with the 4 Runner, it seems the Gladiator's price will need to be fairly close to the Taco TRD pro.

I like the Gladiator's towing capacity and hauling ability, but I'm giving up the breakover angle, departure angle, and turning radius of a JL. If the price is too far above a TRD pro Taco, I think potential buyers will go with the Taco or a JLU ... depending on whether they lean more toward towing or trail running.
I am right there with you. I just priced out the Ranger in all 3 trims (Lariat FX4 is 42 with some options), the TRD Pro Taco ($45K with options) and ZR2 Colorado ($50k for diesel). It's not too easy to get them to $60K. I can see the Gladiator realistically being mid $40Ks. I hate the price speculating however cause you know that FCA people will be looking at these forums and seeing what we will realistically pay and base it around that however. $60K would be pricing themselves out of the market I do believe, that is full size lux-truck territory.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I really hope the pricing experts don't read posts like this. A TRD Off-Road can be had OTD for less than $40k and you guys are chomping at the bit to pay 1-ton diesel 4x4 prices for a Jeep Truck. Yeah they're cool. Yeah I want one, but spouting off about the willingness to pay exorbitant prices will not help our cause.
I'm just being realistic on the price, but true, I hope the FCA dudes don't read this stuff.... we are all broke, cause we own jeeps already. lol. But 50k++ for a loaded JLUR so the truck (fully loaded rubicon) will have to be more, especially since its more metal, has fox shocks and more options the JLUR doesn't have. I'm just preparing myself for the sticker shock when its time to write the check. Luckily I have a secret account for the down payment the wife doesn't know about, so sure wifey...it was 35k, like your car.

Last edited:

Capman99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger, Ford mustang
So if a fully tricked out TRD pro Tacoma runs about 50k, do yall think a gladiator Rubicon will run the same? I feel like it'll go up to 55k for all the bells and whistles.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I think the easiest way to estimate pricing on the JT is to start with a comparable JL and add about an 8-10% premium: A loaded JLUR can push $58k, so figure $62-64k for a loaded out JTR. I know it seems high, but there is simply no way the JT will be less than the JL. This vehicle is really not meant to compete with the Taco, as Jeep feels they've created a whole new animal here, and will price it accordingly, whether that's sane or not. Throw a 3.0 diesel on top of a maxed out JTR, and we could realistically be looking at a near $70k Gladiator. (sorry)

2 months ago I would have agreed with you, but now after the reveal, and seeing the options and trim levels I will disagree. I think jeep is going a different route with this, before it was a lifestyle vehicle 100,000 units a year. But they know they hit a home run with this and that people want it. They look at theses forums and JEEP is actually part of the 2020+ Jeep (JT) Gladiator Owners group on FB (and joining in on conversation). They know if they price a fully optioned JT anywhere close to $70k buyers will go else where for their purchases. For $70k I will buy a fully loaded JLUR and a used Tacoma or any combination you can think of. I'm not saying its not going to be in the $60k range but the $70k puts you in my opinion into a different class even it it's only $7k or so more.

Sponsored

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
This is for the jeep people that may or may not ( I believe they are) monitoring these threads. I'm not the guy that can order a Rubicon so you know I can't afford a whole lot. What I want is a Sport or Sport S, red in color, with hard top, towing and auto. For me to buy it, either of the trucks will have to be under $41000.
I like many here have been waiting to see the day the JT comes out and you do not need to pass up on the chance to blow the doors off of the truck sales with this "one of a kind vehicle". Cut us some slack or I'm sure this will be a big loss for the jeep line should it stays with "expensive on purpose" line. Jeep was made for the mass to buy. That is what it always have been so step up and don't price it to no profit

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
I'm ready to put an order in if pricing looks doable. I think Jeep needs to be somewhat competitive with other trucks in the segment. With the new Ranger coming out and the TRD pro pricing discussed here I'm hoping pricing isn't as rediculous as some people here are suggesting.

I'm hoping for a lightly optioned JT sport S that comes in below $40k, lightly optioned meaning : 7" stereo for Android auto , heated seats, anti spin , and tow (possibly max tow) IF it comes in below $40k. Those are the options I really want but would also like hard top or dual top, auto trans, and bedliner. There are a few dealers who sell below MSRP and list prices online . Decently optioned Sport S JL'S are listed at $3k to $4k below MSRP . So if they can hit $38k or less I'll put in my order.

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I would hope, considering the price increase of the JL over the JK already and the fact that you can assume the JT was developed alongside the JL, there would not be much of a premium but I do not have much hope I am right. With the constant chant of lifestyle vehicle in all of the interviews from the LA auto show they will probably go with the Apple pricing model of let's see how much we can get away with charging them and still get them to buy. There is already a good selection of mid sized trucks and more coming with the Ranger at least. Not a lot of love for the Gladiator over on the JL forum so I do not see a large number of loyal Wrangler buyers switching, at least not right off the bat. If they are not realistic in pricing they will just be pricing themselves out of the market and the JT will be a short lived vehicle. I hope I am wrong because I would really like to be able to get one but if they go overboard with the price the I will just stick with my Ridgeline.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
To add to the speculation, I’m just adding 3,500 to a similarly equipped JL S price. Seems like the options are similar.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
You people are nuts in the brain tissue if you think the JT is going to be priced $5,000 over the comparative JL.

I also do not believe jeep is looking at these post and saying look here a few folks are so nuts in the brain socket that they will pay crazy money for the JT. These post are a mere dust speckle on the planet of pricing.

The JT will be priced at or very close to the JL's. There are some options only advalible on the JT that if chosen will add to this increase in price over the JL like spray in bed liner, lockable storage, front mount camera, and the 4X4 thing that does the thing to the thing to make it work better at high speeds.

Sponsored

koala

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
After browsing the Configurator I think I want:
Sport in blue,
With the 8 speed (dont judge me, lol)
Max tow package,
Bed cover,
Bed liner.
BUT WHERE'S THE DUAL TOP OPTION?
download (4).jpeg
Think you need a Sport S to get the dual top option

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
You people are nuts in the brain tissue if you think the JT is going to be priced $5,000 over the comparative JL..
My only worry about this is that you can't really have a comparably priced JL. The increase in payload capacity and towing (which is a massive increase) is worth $2k alone. Tack on the added value of things like the Fox shocks and 31" of length in the actual vehicle and those added costs have to be compensated for. I think the $3500 premium mentioned above is fair, if a bit conservative. (I just keep hearing Jeep execs saying "Lifestyle Vehicle" and "It will be expensive, intentionally so" in my head and worrying...)

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
My only worry about this is that you can't really have a comparably priced JL. The increase in payload capacity and towing (which is a massive increase) is worth $2k alone. Tack on the added value of things like the Fox shocks and 31" of length in the actual vehicle and those added costs have to be compensated for. I think the $3500 premium mentioned above is fair, if a bit conservative. (I just keep hearing Jeep execs saying "Lifestyle Vehicle" and "It will be expensive, intentionally so" in my head and worrying...)
Yes and also a better frame and chasis enhancements.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
The flaw in this "longer body, more materials" argument is that the cost of these vehicles isn't based on how much metal is used... it will cost them much less than 40k in materials to make any of these. There will be different audiences for each vehicle, and an established cost expectation in those groups. The cost of the JT will be less dependent on the JL and moreso a result of the other vehicles in this class.
Sponsored