Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) For Gladiator Manual Transmiss [overheating clutch pressure plate]

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
I called my service department today. he read the instructions over the phone it does have a provision for removing a pump or something to be able to gain access to inspect the pressure plate. They are ordering parts and when they arrive I'll bring it in. he said the part number for the pressure plate was different than the old one so maybe there has been an improvement. I asked then could they not just replace it and he said only if it warrants it from the inspection. We'll see what happens.
Dealer called, truck ready (10:00 a.m. -elapsed time at dealer: 26 hours for a one hour proceedore)- NO JOY -Dealer paper work reflects protective sleeve installed and clutch bled. So I will drive it and wait for the "Boom" or smoke, whichever comes first. Meanwhile starting a piggy bank for a Centerforce upgrade.
Sponsored

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
Dealer called, truck ready (10:00 a.m. -elapsed time at dealer: 26 hours for a one hour proceedore)- NO JOY -Dealer paper work reflects protective sleeve installed and clutch bled. So I will drive it and wait for the "Boom" or smoke, whichever comes first. Meanwhile starting a piggy bank for a Centerforce upgrade.
Dealer told me to drop it off at 7:15 a.m. for the hour inspection. 1:45 and no one called me. I called and they said my jeep was ready, clutch is fine, but I need to bring it back because they don't have the required parts for the recall.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer told me to drop it off at 7:15 a.m. for the hour inspection. 1:45 and no one called me. I called and they said my jeep was ready, clutch is fine, but I need to bring it back because they don't have the required parts for the recall.
Sounds like all the dealer service dept's slept through the same class.

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Explorer Sport Track, 04 Suzuki VL800, 06 Lincoln Zephyr, 16 Jeep Renegade
I take mine in next Thursday.

Sponsored

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Took mine in last week and same story...asked when they think parts would be available and they said they do not even know what parts to order! Interesting......I was told to contact them in a couple of months and they might have a better idea.

grangr

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Took mine in yesterday for the inspection which was supposed to take 3-4 hours. I called about eight hours later to find out that my Gladiator does have issues. They said I have a leaking hose and that they would need to order the parts and they were not sure how long it would take. Interestingly enough, they offered me a loaner. I asked again how long it would be before the parts came in and they were not sure. I also asked how long I could keep the loaner and they said until mine was fixed. So, have I been driving around a ticking time bomb? I guess I am hopeful that they will fix it and satisfied with a loaner Ram 1500 Warlock truck. It’s not my Gladiator but it will do.

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took mine in yesterday for the inspection which was supposed to take 3-4 hours. I called about eight hours later to find out that my Gladiator does have issues. They said I have a leaking hose and that they would need to order the parts and they were not sure how long it would take. Interestingly enough, they offered me a loaner. I asked again how long it would be before the parts came in and they were not sure. I also asked how long I could keep the loaner and they said until mine was fixed. So, have I been driving around a ticking time bomb? I guess I am hopeful that they will fix it and satisfied with a loaner Ram 1500 Warlock truck. It’s not my Gladiator but it will do.
That is good. Sounds like the dealer is treating you right.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Took mine in last week and same story...asked when they think parts would be available and they said they do not even know what parts to order! Interesting......I was told to contact them in a couple of months and they might have a better idea.
We can help! Send us a PM with your VIN and dealer name so we can set up your appointment.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
I got my letter in the post. I live in a rural area that's sold a few gladiators but I may be one or two of the only manuals. I don't feel like going first @_@

Sponsored

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
Anybody ever been in 3rd and felt the drive train jerk slightly when at a steady speed? I would almost call it a bump forward. I don't think that's the clutch slipping like @kd1yt says.

I can still count less than 10 times right now.
YES!!! How the heck do you describe it without the service writer looking at you like a retard???

It feel like the throttle is being blipped, i blamed myself for the first 1000miles, but i am convinced that the truck is doing it on its own. its slight but its there. and its always 3rd when i detect it. is seems to always be shortly after shifting with light throttle.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
YES!!! How the heck do you describe it without the service writer looking at you like a retard???

It feel like the throttle is being blipped, i blamed myself for the first 1000miles, but i am convinced that the truck is doing it on its own. its slight but its there. and its always 3rd when i detect it. is seems to always be shortly after shifting with light throttle.
Show them this comment and tell them it's intermittent, hard to detect and you're not alone.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
Show them this comment and tell them it's intermittent, hard to detect and you're not alone.
In my experience they will not take the time of day to drive the truck all over town for 15-20min to feel the slightest shudder. But I will try. I’m due for a 500mi checkup on the Mopar lift kit. Which I might add they didn’t do completely correct either, but that’s another thread.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
In my experience they will not take the time of day to drive the truck all over town for 15-20min to feel the slightest shudder. But I will try. I’m due for a 500mi checkup on the Mopar lift kit. Which I might add they didn’t do completely correct either, but that’s another thread.
Yeah I don't think they would. Just being a cellular tech I know trouble shooting and I know nobody ever tells me their cell tower is working fine... So you start to notice the patterns of known issues. I was wondering what they could think of it being off the top of their head or if they recognize the experience.

I hope it's something with the dual Mass flywheel and not the Asain transmission. It's just strange that I only ever experienced it in 3rd gear. That I am certain of.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
I don't know if any of you have been following the Wrangler folks on their clutch recall

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...erheating-clutch-pressure-plate.47887/page-35

But the root of their issue seems to be air in the clutch lines or clutch cylinder causing the clutch to not fully disengage and constantly slip although the pedal is fully pressed down, causing the overheating. They've had stuff done to their clutch lines.

They're also talking about a test that's being done for the recall where their Jeep is Reved to 4000 and the clutch is dropped in fourth to check if it slips or stalls.

last time I was reading their thread it was page 25, they're on page 35 now and I just can't find the exact post where they talk about that 4000 RPM 4th gear clutch drop test being done by the service departments to quote it
Sponsored