Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
>>My guess is the max tow springs just have a stiffer spring weight over the Rubicon springs. <<
Very wrong.
They are progressive springs, a more complex spring than the simple Rubicon springs. Progressives allow for a decent ride unloaded but carry weight better with extra load. The rate is literally progressive.
Sponsored

BSchoeppel

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
Another update. Swapped the rear Rubicon Springs for the Max Tow springs over the weekend. Nothing changed on the front. I can notice a difference in the ride quality with the max tow springs back in the rear. The "Floaty" feel is gone. When I compared both springs side by side I could not visually see a difference. My guess is the max tow springs just have a stiffer spring weight over the Rubicon springs. How that translates offroad I won't know until we are allowed out of the house again, but seeing as though I plan on adding some things to the bed I'll probably stick with the max tow springs for now. Eventually.
Could you provide a part number or purchase location for the max tow non lifted coils?

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Ok it's time for some diesel coil numbers.

If you have an EcoDiesel JT, please post your trim level (Sport, Overland, Rubicon) and then post your last 3 digits off the coil spring tags.

This will be good info.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager

If you have an EcoDiesel JT, please post your trim level (Sport, Overland, Rubicon) and then post your last 3 digits off the coil spring tags.

This will be good info.
Did you return to a Gladiator when the diesel came out? Or just here because the Ram forums are less interesting? (c;

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you return to a Gladiator when the diesel came out? Or just here because the Ram forums are less interesting? (c;
Both.

Sponsored

rickrogan

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Looking for someone with a specific JT:
- 2020 Rubicon 3.6 automatic with Mopar Steel Bumper FROM FACTORY
What are the part numbers from your front coil springs? (Left and Right)

I found out that getting the Steel Bumper from the factory results in different springs than the plastic bumper (not surprising when you think about it)

So this explains why my JT, with it's self-installed steel bumper, winch plate, and winch has difficulty recovering from jolts to the front (potholes, rocks, and especially speed bumps)... the OEM springs just weren't sized for the extra weight.

Further: If you are reading this thread, you have probably seen the "Options" tab on this page... it shows all the different varieties of springs
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-coil-spring-jeep-gladiator-jt

I've gone through this and other threads and haven't been able to find any posts with this specific combo... Dealer can't do anything without a last-8 of a VIN or a part number. Go figure.

Thanks for any help

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

This will be good info.
So my 2021 Overland EcoDiesel with hard top, tow package, and several other goodies came with the same coils left and right. It doesn't have a different part # for each side.

Fronts: 377AA
Rears: 245AA

Totally different numbers than what we were used to last year.

NCJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
So my 2021 Overland EcoDiesel with hard top, tow package, and several other goodies came with the same coils left and right. It doesn't have a different part # for each side.

Fronts: 377AA
Rears: 245AA

Totally different numbers than what we were used to last year.

I have a set of Rubi Diesel coils with part #'s 251AA & 252AA. The guy I got them from has a Rubi Diesel, if I hadn't know that, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell by searching online.

BOOM_FIST

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Tech
Whew!!! So I just read though a lot guys. Lol

Help me out!

Got my wife a Base Sport - Non-Max Tow. Just looked at the rear passenger spring and it’s a 439AC. So, it’s a soft spring from what I’ve gathered. Not complaining as it rides well. Drives like a car to be honest. Will not be doing any off-roading though. But we want the tougher Jeep look on the road. Already planning the Tera-flex 1.5” leveling kit and plan on 33”-34” diameter A/T’s. No lifts as of now.

1. Would Rubicon take-offs all around (shocks and springs) be a good upgrade of these Sport base springs and shocks?

2. Would Max-Tow rear springs and Rubicon front springs with the Rubicon shocks be a better combo? Or would the Max-Tow rear springs be too rough?

I need some guidance. Thanks for any input!

-Tom

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Whew!!! So I just read though a lot guys. Lol

Help me out!

Got my wife a Base Sport - Non-Max Tow. Just looked at the rear passenger spring and it’s a 439AC. So, it’s a soft spring from what I’ve gathered. Not complaining as it rides well. Drives like a car to be honest. Will not be doing any off-roading though. But we want the tougher Jeep look on the road. Already planning the Tera-flex 1.5” leveling kit and plan on 33”-34” diameter A/T’s. No lifts as of now.

1. Would Rubicon take-offs all around (shocks and springs) be a good upgrade of these Sport base springs and shocks?

2. Would Max-Tow rear springs and Rubicon front springs with the Rubicon shocks be a better combo? Or would the Max-Tow rear springs be too rough?

I need some guidance. Thanks for any input!

-Tom
I ONLY put max tow rear springs under mine to control the "sag" with the loads I haul and tow. I use mine like a TRUCK. I've hauled maxed-out loads.
If I wasn't going to use it so much for heavy stuff, I'd likely have gone Rubicon springs all the way around.
So it's sort of - decide how YOU want to use YOUR truck and go from there. Rubicon will ride fine and give the sport a bit of an uplift. Max tow springs will be a bit harsher, IMO and won't be any higher than what you have (again, guessing based on observation)

You won't need a lift with your plans on leveling kit and tires.
If you don't want to mess with the ride - maybe just do the spacer lift/leveling and see how it looks and rides and goes from there??
Sponsored