Sponsored

CP4 Fuel Pump EcoDiesel Recall

Badunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 1997 TJ
Given that the recall doesn't cover the most recent EcoDiesels and the one I inspected on the dealer's lot the other day was not covered by the recall and had the CP4.2, I am left wondering
  1. Whether the recall will install another CP4.2, not a CP3,
  2. If FCA is playing games to keep selling EcoDiesels and will issue another recall for more recent models at a later date, and
  3. What pump they will install on one ordered today.
Sponsored

Last edited:

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Given that the recall doesn't cover the most recent EcoDiesels and the one I inspected on the dealer's lot the other day was not covered by the recall and had the CP4.2, I am left wondering
  2. If FCA is playing games to keep selling EcoDiesels and will issue another recall for more recent models at a later date, and
These are the magic questions. I'm starting to think they are rolling the dice on the recall. Whoever fails or is recalled gets a new one, just to last them through warranty. Cummins has a much more valuable name to it, hence the effort to keep them running happy on cp3...

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly the same 20k on mine zero issues. Run 2oz per fill up try to use the r95 renewable diesel from 76 when I can. Going in for an oil change serpentine belt replacement and first fuel filter real soon.
"Record scratch " serpentine at 20k ??

wveddy

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Manufacturing
Mine is a 21 and I have 51k I have been using additive since I got it with no issues. I did receive a letter about a recall on the pumps but mine said at the moment they didn't have a fix. Did anyone else get that?
i got the same letter. mine is a late 20 build 21 jtrd

Sponsored

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU

Its #2. They will install the same faulty pump if you ordered one today. There is no fix yet - the recall says the fix will be available Q3 2023. It's to be determined if it will be a revised pump, or a conversion of some sort i.e. CP3.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its #2. They will install the same faulty pump if you ordered one today. There is no fix yet - the recall says the fix will be available Q3 2023. It's to be determined if it will be a revised pump, or a conversion of some sort i.e. CP3.
So those who haven't been recalled should rest easy?

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
The jury is still out on that notion. One pump has failed with no recall.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The jury is still out on that notion. One pump has failed with no recall.
Right, but this post implied that everyone will eventually get a repaired pump I'm wondering if almost has insider knowledge.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Right, but this post implied that everyone will eventually get a repaired pump I'm wondering if almost has insider knowledge.
Don't know.

Sponsored

Badunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 1997 TJ
Item (3) in my post was poorly stated. I meant that I wonder what pump would be on an EcoDiesel Gladiator if I ordered one now.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Item (3) in my post was poorly stated. I meant that I wonder what pump would be on an EcoDiesel Gladiator if I ordered one now.
My bets the exact same bad pump.

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Rest easy in that eventually you will have a recall? Yes.

Rest easy in that you still have a faulty pump? Maybe if you don't run fuel additive you should worry. On the diesel reliability poll there has been only one recorded pump failure for those using additives FWIW with over 200 respondents. 4% failure rate overall for fuel pumps.

(1) Diesel Engine issue tracking thread... also please post if NO issues! | Jeep Gladiator Forum - JeepGladiatorForum.com

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Rest easy in that eventually you will have a recall? Yes.

Rest easy in that you still have a faulty pump? Maybe if you don't run fuel additive you should worry. On the diesel reliability poll there has been only one recorded pump failure for those using additives FWIW with over 200 respondents. 4% failure rate overall for fuel pumps.

(1) Diesel Engine issue tracking thread... also please post if NO issues! | Jeep Gladiator Forum - JeepGladiatorForum.com
So, is the 4% failure rate for folks not using additives, whereas failure rate for those using additives is one-half of 1%? Thanks for the clarification!

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
So, is the 4% failure rate for folks not using additives, whereas failure rate for those using additives is one-half of 1%? Thanks for the clarification!
Basically. 3.6% failure rate for those that don't use additive and 0.4% for those that do use it.
Sponsored