First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I know for some reading comprehension is hard. If you lived in south Texas you would understand the real value of cooled seats. Read my post again Iowa, I was not comparing a Porsche suv to a Jeep. I was advocating for cooled seats using the only reference I have, my wife’s car which happens to be a Porsche Cayenne.

If nostalgia to you is all about how it used to be in the Good old days and longing for that simplicity, good for you. However, don’t criticize others who appreciate progress and understand the value of modern convenience and how easy it would be to include it in a vehicle we love. There is room for us all. And for those of you who somehow confuse people who identify opportunities to improve, make better, or solve shortcomings with product haters, I have news for you. Empirical research proves that those who spend time thinking about, identifying and articulating issues, problems and opportunities for improvement tend to be the true brand adorers.

And by the way, Iowa, just like opinions there is a wide range of career success, failure and affluence. Some hard earned, some given, some never truly fulfilled, but there is room for all. Plus, few people know the journey, hardships, decisions good and bad, mistakes, wins, sacrifices, tragedies and successes an individual has taken to arrive at their current position in life. No one should judge another or lament their own current position, particularly on a forum without trying to get to know that person first.

So, rant over, please return to your regularly scheduled bickering.
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Can't use stock sizes then. There's not enough space so you have to go physically smaller. (wonder what that does to CCA, etc.)
The point is Jeep could have had better placement of the 2nd battey. When mine dies and I'm out of Warranty, I'll remove it, do the J1-J2 jumper, disconnect the neg 2nd batt term, heat shrink the end, and just eliminate it all together. I don't use ESS anyway.

MattLasee

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland North
you are seriously a Jerk man...why post crap like this while people are having a nice conversation. Just move on like any other fully functioning adult would.
TOTALLY AGREE! MOVE ON, DON’T BE A JERK, THE WORLD HAS TOOOO MANY ALREADY, AND YOU CAN BE BETTER THAN THAT.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
you are seriously a Jerk man...why post crap like this while people are having a nice conversation. Just move on like any other fully functioning adult would.
It's the internet. It's a forum. It's 2020. It's an opinion.

"Fully functioning" :LOL:

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
It's the internet. It's a forum. It's 2020. It's an opinion.

"Fully functioning" :LOL:
I’m glad your aware you are on the internet, in a forum and that your cognitively aware it’s 2020.

Their point is why don’t you contribute to the forum positively versus making a poor attempt to be an internet bully. With the amount of time you’ve put into your meme’s either a) a sociopath or 2) really don’t have anything else to do with your time. My guess is a combo of the both.

08482AF8-B289-434E-AAA5-12FB68BAB44D.jpeg

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Since this topic is starting to get toxic, I'd like to dilute it with some things the engineers REALLY thought about and got right.* Like AWWW YESSS! right.....

When I put a usb stick of music in, and set it to random, it remembers that, and doesn't play the same 11 songs in the same order EVERY TIME like the "random" in my Sorento did. SWEET!

The built in garage door opener won't work without the ignition on. It's great not having to take one out or disable it when on vacation, or be concerned someone can get in your house at night by breaking a window and pressing a button.

It's comfy. I'm average size, and I fit everywhere in it. The door sill is the right height, the console armrest is good, legroom ok... Comfy. (I know others may disagree.)

Lights on with wipers. Yeah, what took the world so long to figure that out?

Brake on reverse with the door open. I know some hate this, but my MIL was almost killed by this feature NOT being on a Subaru outback....supposedly one of the safest cars (long story). Experience made me ok with that feature now.

All the storage nooks. Could there be more? I dunno. But they really stuck a lot of them in there. I carry a lot of crap and it all fits. So yeah they did pretty good.

The tailgate design is decent. The half open is helpful. The bed design shows some thought as well. Nice.

All the Easter eggs are kind of neat. Gives it personality.

The roof comes off. Yep. Good one there.

Old school knobs. I missed those.

The configurability of the Uconnect is cool. I can change stuff around and put it where I want. I like that a lot.

And there is a bunch of other stuff too. I don't need to list them all. You know what they are.

* In my opinion. Which means nothing!

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
Nice course correction! I was about to give up on this thread.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Why in the hell does a Jeep come with 31.5" street tires?
Because they cost less, and many go right out and buy new wheels and bigger tires.

There are also those, like me, that use it as a daily driver and rarely leave the pavement. I've already put 10k miles on the street tires on the Overland I bought a year ago.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Because they cost less, and many go right out and buy new wheels and bigger tires.

There are also those, like me, that use it as a daily driver and rarely leave the pavement. I've already put 10k miles on the street tires on the Overland I bought a year ago.
I get it, mine is a daily driver too but at least some 33s ATs. And actually it's not that much more expensive than putting on 245/75/17s.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Why in the hell does a Jeep come with 31.5" street tires?
Some say it’s because of gas mileage, but if you look at the door stickers on a base sport vs rubicon, they both have the same MPG listed. That wimpy sport tire vs the rubicon wildpeak are about 65% difference in weight ... and the axel is sitting 1” higher off the ground. My bet is there IS a difference in MPG in the two.

The only MPG difference listed On the door is between manual vs auto... But that variance of tires and height doesn’t make a difference? I don’t buy that a auto base sport gets the same mpg as a rubicon.

Also they should just put something decent on them first and with a wheel wider than 7.5 so if you want to upgrade tires to 35s you could without buying new wheels. I personally like the stock wheels but don’t have much options of going larger than 33/34 w stock rims.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of men drive Jeeps, especially Gladiators, and we often drive one-handed. I'd prefer to have the Uconnect volume control on the left side of the steering wheel. Right now left front has the menu arrows and behind left is the Uconnect navigation (up / down / center button), but a small dial on the steering wheel (our Acura MDX has one) or similar would be beneficial. I know volume is currently behind right, but I always think twice about "where is it again?"

Another design gripe is the narrow driver's footwell. I have size 13 feet and sometimes when I brake, it's a little challenging as my feet fight each other for space.

I guess you could say I love my Gladiator if these are the only gripes :beer: :involve:
I have size 12s, and I find there are tons of room for my feet. I even have room to stretch my feet out on long trips. I did a trip from Chicago to Breckenridge and back, then a 2 day trip from Chicago to Buffalo and back. Maybe because I used to race a manual I'm more used to pinpoint feet placement. YMMV.

I think making the switches more configurable might be the way to go. Kind of like the way games map keys and you can have multiple key maps. It would complicate the software a bit, but it's doable. However, I'd be surprised if they released it in Jeeps first. I'm still kind of surprised how electronically advanced something designed for offroading is.
Sponsored