First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Also they should just put something decent on them first and with a wheel wider than 7.5 so if you want to upgrade tires to 35s you could without buying new wheels. I personally like the stock wheels but don’t have much options of going larger than 33/34 w stock rims.
Yeah that's my beef and that's why I didn't go more than 33s that and the 33s I got were on sale...But I wonder if it's a marketing thing. They know people are going to modify it so why just market it to those who are going to do that. I see just as many JL/JKs not modified being driven by "soccer moms" as modified ones.
Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
- maybe just me, but the passenger-side 1/3 of the wind shield is really slow to defrost

- rain gutter empties into floor mats when doors is opened

- make the key fob holder between the cup holders ACTUALLY a spot for my phone, since that’s where I always put it

- with doors off, I’d like the lane change sensors to trigger an audio alert—even if it is only when I have the blinker on AND a vehicle in my blind spot, it’s be better than nothing (especially when using shitty “doors off” mirrors)

- my truck has forward collision/trail cameras and a backup camera, why can’t I have a factory option for rear and forward recording dash/parking security cameras using those? Seems dumb to add extra third party cameras when I have them already.

- I don’t like that the MPG estimate is impacted by idling the car in park. I know full well that remote start and other idling in park will impact my “miles per gallon” but I’m not actually trying to drive in park. I like to see how well I can manage my fuel consumption while driving, so getting dinged for fuel consumption while specifically NOT driving kinda bugs me.

- The key fob is dumb, let me use my phone for everything (the upcoming Apple car key thing would be perfect)

- why no switch for the bed light inside the bed? I can hit my fob and light it temporarily, but that’s just annoying.

- I feel too much of the audio system through the brake and accelerator pedals. I don’t listen to music very loud, but the vibration of even low-volume music transfers through the pedal and constantly makes me think I’m having a mechanical vibration or other physical feedback through the pedal.

- the middle rear seat seatbelt flaps too much with the top down. It’d be nice to be able to secure or otherwise retract it.

-Let me perform the same Alexa Uconnect features (remote start/unlock/fuel level) using Siri

- let me buy more trail rail cleats

- why are some default apps in the Uconnect unavailable within a minute or so of start up? Off road pages, for example, usually shows a generic icon with no title...

- can I set my default audio to something other than radio? Often when I start up, it just starts playing a radio station—I’d prefer to hear my phone or just nothing (If the phone is not connected)

-the soft top rear window seems way too stiff to roll up into those dangling elastic loops. If that’s what they are for, the rear window needs to be more “rollable”

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
- with doors off, I’d like the lane change sensors to trigger an audio alert—even if it is only when I have the blinker on AND a vehicle in my blind spot, it’s be better than nothing (especially when using shitty “doors off” mirrors)

Tacoma uses the same cleats.

Also the ding from the lane sensor would be nice

Jar Jar Insano

First Name
Jarek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Grand Cherokee
- maybe just me, but the passenger-side 1/3 of the wind shield is really slow to defrost

- rain gutter empties into floor mats when doors is opened
These 2 sound like real problems they NEED to address and not really subjective to preference. Speaking of winter, how is this thing in cold weather? do you see -20C where you're at? Just curious about how 2 weeks of my year are going to look driving this thing.

ADK Tiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music Teacher
I was going to quote several people here and state, “but it DOES have this”. Then I was going to quote more people to state, “but it’s a Jeep! It’s not supposed to have this”. Then I started hating on posers for paying so much for all the unused options, while loving the fact that there still exists a Jeep...and thinking, “maybe I’M the poser. Just because I bought a CJ a few years back doesn’t make me an expert...sheesh.”

I do have to state the following:

Satellite Radio cuts out in many places here in the Adirondack mountains - in the forests, in the mountains, and under bypasses. I agree that Sirius changed something a few years back and reception is worse - same thing with Verizon when it went to 4G LTE. This has been the case with all our vehicles and phones (Yes, I’m aware they don’t receive the same type of signals - we also have poor reception for ham radio in our Valley in the mountains).

Heated seats are awesome here where 11 months of the year it snows - I have pictures of a July 4th 3" snowfall from a couple of years ago, and we had a snow day on September 10th about 5 years ago! I don’t like sticking to the seats when it gets over 75F, so I keep the cloth seats in every vehicle our family owns.

GPS app? Don’t get me started. There are enough idiots littering, overcrowding, and getting lost and hurt on our hiking trail systems here to let me know I don’t want idiot off road wannabes coming to the few places we can legally drive in the Adirondacks. The Nav map in UConnect is quite detailed enough. In my experience, I’ve driven “off the map” only to have it miraculously sprout the road I’m driving on - I’ve also driven “off the map” into the green, yet was on a public road at the time. That’s where exploring comes in. If you come across a road sign that states Dead End, drive down it to make sure. Stay off private property without permission, as well as protected state lands. It’s a Jeep thing...

Doors, tops, and mirrors - we can take them off and have solutions for both on and off road. Why complain how complicated it is? At least you can do it. And as for locking things when they’re off? There’s a lot more lockable storage in the the JT than the CJ. I guess I’m stating that - and believe me that this is extremely ironic - a little planning can save all kinds of headaches. I’ll leave it there or I’d have to start another thread about “Thou shalt not...” I’ve told my daughter from day 1, “nothing goes into the Jeep during the summer months that you won’t want getting wet or stolen". It’s a Jeep thing...

Now, as for the OP question:

Dear Jeep,

Can we get some programmer to work on recording our existing cameras so we don’t have to buy redundant ones for that purpose? I’ve told my programmer kid it’d be a great way to make some dough. While you’re in there, put in a fix for easy programming of gear ratio - I will eventually want to upgrade my tire size and don’t want to have to go to the dealer for that.

Can we haul more than 4,500 lbs with a MT truck, please? I wanted a vehicle that could do both - go off road AND haul. The MT Rubicon Gladiator barely beats a JL in rating for towing... please! And for all of us, how difficult would it have been to include an electronic braking system with the tow package?

I love my new Jeep! It’s luxurious compared to my CJ7. It’s limited compared to my CJ7. There are several things I’ve noticed about the Gladiator that I simply think, "It’s a Jeep thing...". I just wish everything wasn’t so expensive to add to it, but you know what they say, "JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket".

My $.02 + interest.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These 2 sound like real problems they NEED to address and not really subjective to preference. Speaking of winter, how is this thing in cold weather? do you see -20C where you're at? Just curious about how 2 weeks of my year are going to look driving this thing.
Coldest days I had this past winter were -10C.

The truck actually heats up pretty quickly, and the defrosting windshield issue is less noticeable when you remote start and let it heat up for a little while. I actually found that if I covered the “working” defrost vents with a sheet of cardboard, the defroster would suddenly defrost the passenger-side 1/3 of the windshield pretty quickly.

I have the engine block heater but didn’t use it this past winter. Though, I did have an extreme temperature-rated extension cord and timer hooked up in case I needed to use it (so I could start warming the engine a couple of hours ahead of time without freezing my butt off at 4am).

I think the rain gutter thing is stupid design and really annoying, but the defroster issue I would consider an actual safety hazard.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Correct, it's black on mine, just on the right of the handles used to open it. I believe the sales guy showed me things that lock for when you have the top off, etc. Wish I had done something about locking storage under the seat but then I used that to stow the top panel bag.
Lol, hate to have to admit to this one. Had my JT over 6 months and never found the lock. Why the heck did they put it there? Not that I ever actually looked, just felt around for it and assumed when I didn't feel it.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
I can see that for sure after dealing with my jku randomly dieing after i botched a spark plug install.

Personally i dont really mind the feature. Sorta got used to it with my wife’s grand cherokee. Not really sure it it saves me on fuel but i like to think its helping keep down the engine idle hours in very small doses.
It's not smart enough when it's stupid hot outside. It cuts off way to often when it's 99 out, and I'd really like for the AC to keep the current temp. Otherwise, I keep it turned on.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
On my JTR, the bed light switch is underneath the foglight switch.

I bought a 4 pack of Toyota bed cleats on AMZ for $30. They fit perfectly, but are smaller than the Mopar cleats. Regardless, they work fine.

I leave XM selected and when I turn everything back on, it remains selected. Same if I leave Bluetooth active when I shut down. Maybe it's a menu option?

My complaint is that my sweetie's iPhone ties into Bluetooth faster than my Android.

- why no switch for the bed light inside the bed? I can hit my fob and light it temporarily, but that’s just annoying.

- can I set my default audio to something other than radio? Often when I start up, it just starts playing a radio station—I’d prefer to hear my phone or just nothing (If the phone is not connected)

Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Dear Jeep, In the future can you please fix or change:

1. The Key Fob, it's too big and too heavy for today's technology, 3 times too big & heavy. Or at lease for Sport and Sport S, offer only small lock/unlock fob and eliminate RFID push button start for a traditional key.

2. Allow factory order of axle ratios from 3.73 all the way up to 5.13.

3. Allow factory order of True-Trac LSD's on front, rear, or both, and discontinue trak-lok forever. (sport/overland models)

4. Strong turbo inline 4 cylinder gas motor please, above 2.0 liter, below 3.0 liter. Similar to ford 2.3 or gm 2.7. DO NOT put the 2.0 in it. Goal should be 330 -350 ft/lbs of torque at 1500-1800 rpm for towing/highway comfort/offroad. As a replacement for the 3.6 pentastar.

5. Add 20 liters to fuel tank capacity, bring it up to 103 liters.

Otherwise she's perfect. ;)

I have 17,000 kms on mine now. Upgrades include 4.88 axle gears on 37" tires.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
also, mods, delete any posts that don't have a list like this, keep the thread to lists not discussions or arguments about our different preferences etc.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think anyone should get butthurt about anything. I mean.... you pretty much asked for opinions. And opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one. We all are guilty of being armchair quarterbacks. It's an awesome non paying job!

Having said that (Haha), even though I am a person that enjoys what I have instead of griping about what I don't have, I do think it would have been nice to have metal doors like I have on my JKU so I could get skins. Florida trails are deadly to a paint job. Luckily, I have a white Jeep.

And, oh yeah, I like the pillar mounted mirror idea. That would be nice.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my JTR, the bed light switch is underneath the foglight switch.
Yup, but no switch inside the bed—that’s my complaint. There are plenty of times I just need the bed lights to stay on while I’m back there. If there were a switch inside the bed, I wouldn’t have to go to the cab or keep playing with the key fob.

I bought a 4 pack of Toyota bed cleats on AMZ for $30. They fit perfectly, but are smaller than the Mopar cleats. Regardless, they work fine.
Thanks for the tip.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Yup, but no switch inside the bed—that’s my complaint. There are plenty of times I just need the bed lights to stay on while I’m back there. If there were a switch inside the bed, I wouldn’t have to go to the cab or keep playing with the key fob.
Or leave a door open...
Sponsored