Sponsored

Each Gladiator Trim's Use Case

jimboAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Same! But seriously, its our first Jeep and wanted something capable so we can get into some off roading. My wife had dreamed about owning a Jeep since she was a kid. Easier to pay for the features now because I doubt I'll upgrade the big stuff later.

And I just thought it looked the coolest. šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
TRIMS:

Sport: Iā€™m poor

Willy's Sport: Iā€™m poor, with stickers

Sport S: I have a foot fetish

Altitude: At least is not base

Willys: No one needs lockers anyways

Overland: Maybe my Toyota friends will love me

Rubicon: I have money and now, stickers for the mall

Mojave: Couldnā€™t afford a raptor

High Altitude: I couldnā€™t afford a G wagon
Wait, did he say a foot fetish?

Sponsored

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Another "let's judge other people based on what they buy" thread.
Is there any other reason for these?
Wasn't my intention to judge, and sorry mine reads that way.
I attempted to just give a line of why someone may look at each trim. You are right though, it does end up being judge-y.

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
High Altitude trim is the one that confuses me the most. Not the trim itself, just the name. Zero relation to altitude...
Good point. Should be forced induction.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Willy`s was the right choice for me - solid middle of the road option. Covered a lot of the basic stuff you want out of the box, but wasnt wasting a bunch of money on stuff that Id be upgrading past the quality / options offered by OEM. The wheels / lift / suspension of the Mojave or Rubicon would have just been yanked off and sold on Craigslist at a loss.

Do wish I had a pair of them Mojave seats though, wont lie.

Sponsored

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
I went to buy a second vehicle looking for one 2-3 years old. Prices were higher than a meth head after a hold up. So we decided on new, they had a Sport and a Willys in stock.. The few extras on the Willys was like a short cut to adding stuff on later. It suited us both. Uhhh did I mention we are adding stuff on =/

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S

JT LIFE

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Trim package wasn't a deal breaker, I searched for a red 3.0 JT ______.
Found a sport in Orlando, called my dealer and had it brought over and that was it. It really didn't matter if it had Rubicon trim or Willy's or even the high altitude..... It was red, and it was diesel!

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Gotta do em all!

Sport: I dont like modern things, they break. People call me an 'old soul' instead of saying what they really mean: crotchety

Willys Sport: I'm trying to portray I'm leading the kind of lifestyle where offroading with no doors happens at a moment's notice. There's a 97% chance this is just an image

Sport S: I will never take off my doors or top, why did i pay so much for a small truck? I probably should have bought a Tacoma

Max Tow: Nothing says "truck" like capability. That's why I got the maximum towing capacity to help me move my jetskis that I take out twice a year to bring it to the mechanic to figure out why they're not working again. You really need 7650lbs of towing to move 3k worth of stuff if you're doing it right!

Willys: An LsD iS MoRE usEFuL iN SnoW tHaN A LoCKer aNYwAy

Altitude: I went to the jeep dealership to buy a JLU but this thing made eyes at me and somehow i left with a higher payment. I wonder what you're even supposed to put in a truck bed?

Texas Trail: Just in case people can't see my tattoo of the shape of the state of Texas... or my license plate... or can't hear me tell them I'm from texas every 8-43 seconds when i speak... i made sure the side of my rig said texas too. Texas!

California Edition: We felt special we had our own edition until they renamed it Altitude and sold it everywhere

80th anniversary: It's totally different from an Overland, I swear!

Freedom: I don't understand that Team America: World Police is satirical. Also i never grew out of the sticker phase most kids go through.

Launch: I'm too angry they put my wheels on a zillion other trims to have any other opinions right now

Overland: I hate my silver grille inserts and my rims, and I wish my truck had offroady bits, but they lured me in with that popular equipment package and the rebates! Damn the value!

Rubicon: I'm a right proper rock crawler, I am. I swears it, i swears! 40s make up for a wheel base a mile long right?

Mojave: I can't say strengthened steering knuckles or reinforced frame without getting at least a little bit hard. This ultimate dune smasher will be perfect for driving on the easy flat beaches of the Outer Banks that people used to do with RWD sedans in the 70s.

High Altitude: No one told me people make fun of jeeps on 20s until after I bought this
Sponsored